1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Chickillo

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by THREE RIVER SHIVER, Dec 14, 2019.

1. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    I know this guy doesn't get many snaps a game. He is an average at best football player, with not much upside. More than likely he will be gone after the season. I don't believe there would be any drop off spelling the starters with the guys who will be here next year. Ola and Skipper are unknowns who have shown potential ,but we will never know if they don't get reps. Bud may or may not be around next year and it should be a priority to find out what you have incase one of these guys have to step into the starting lineup. Its called being prepared...jmo

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I agree. If we get up on a team by 30 in the 4th quarter we should see how those two do for next year. We need our best to play each and every play if we want to play a 17th game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We’re trying to win games and make it to the playoffs. Not the time to be experimenting. Ola has gotten some snaps. If these guys are tearing it up in practice they’d be getting more snaps.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    A few series a game you see Chick out there. Giving the starters a break. Those are the times id like to see Ola or Skipper.

5. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    Do you think ther would be any drop off in play from Chick to the other two??

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Honestly I don’t know. I don’t get to see these guys in practice. Hard to form an educated analysis without any real knowledge of these guy’s abilities.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    That's why we have thesteelersfans. Most of us posters know more about the players than the coaching staff do.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    And there it is...

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Skipper isn't even getting a helmet on game day. Even when they lost Gilbert, Spillane got his spot. Clearly, Skipper isn't showing much.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I know this is a message board and meant for discussion, but some of these threads kill me.
    We’re in the middle of a fight to make the playoffs and we’re going to have open tryouts to see who’s better than Chick?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey THREE RIVER SHIVER.

Wow! I almost forgot about him. Yes, he is serviceable and maybe we should not be too quick to cut ties with him until we see how the Dupree situation pans out. Like you said, always good to be "prepared". Good point. Take care.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Up by 30 lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Chick might be our starter next year, he needs all the reps he can get.

14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes. The reason is because he gets on the field and the others don't. That is all I have to go on and rely on our coaches to play the best we have. God, I can't believe I just said that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    I don't think all the reps in the world is gonna help this guy. He is what is is in my opinion. We don't know what we got in the others..

16. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    Nobody said a thing about open tryouts...Just other options. Please don't let my thread kill you. What on earth would we do without your wealth of knowledge on this message board

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not trying to flame you, but do you just wanna have open mic night or do you wanna trust that the professionals know what they’re doing as opposed to some fans watching a small portion on tv?
    I’d love if someone could push Chick, but it’s obviously not happening.

And it’s not so much a wealth of knowledge as just plain old common sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    I got ya. And I'm not trying to be a dick.But I just find it hard to believe that there is not someone who could bring a little more to the table if given opportunity. Not a fan of Chick.I believe he has got opportunity and has not produced.

19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am not sure which is worse, the OP's suggestion or me reading this thread?

• Like Like x 1
  20. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    probably. Not that Chickillo is a world beater or anything, but Skipper is an undrafted free agent who flashed in preseason enough to be on the PS (got poached then cut), and Ola lost his entire rookie season to injury, and was basically the same story as Skipper, but he would hae been on the 53 had he not gotten hurt... Chickillo is a quality ST player who has logged a good number of NFL snaps and is at least an okay back up OLB. I highly doubt we are running anyone other than Chick to spell our studs unless somebody is really making a name for themselves in practice. Ola has had some snaps this year and has been absolutely non existent. Haven't seen him make a positive play all year outside of ST. Skipper isn't ready for the field (otherwise he wouldn't have been cut by two teams this season). Maybe these guys are ready this year, but if we see either of Ola or skipper this year, it will be because we are eliminated from playoff contention (don't see that happening)

21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Chickillo is likely gone after this season as the finances need to be put aside for Bud Dupree. Keep in mind Bud is going to cost upwards of 18 million per season as that is the going rate within the EDGE market currently; Khalil Mack being $23.5 as the highest value currently. Ola Adenyi should be able to supplant both T.J and Bud as he is only 22 currently and is still on a UFDA deal.

Chickillo will be a non factor come 2020. Ola is the future as the rotational piece. The rest of the position will be filled out by either the draft or through Free Agency as it should.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    OLA really hasn’t shown anything though, and we need to keep hargrave and bud. Ben screwed us haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    We certainly do. In fact if the management would listen to us our team would be completely different. Instead of being one of the youngest teams we would have every cut bum over 30 on our roster. Experienced and slow, likely winless, but names that everyone would at least recognize.

24. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    There was no way we could keep both Bud and Hargrave, but yes Ben's contract might even mean we cannot keep one of them. It depends on the market, but some team is going to offer Bud insane money, keeping Hargrave is probably more realistic, but with the money already invested in Cam and Tuitt can the team afford all 3.

25. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    You don't give Dupree the money until you extend TJ Watt first.