1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Le’Veon: I’m gonna show people Pittsburgh let something special go

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The statistics are a measure of performance, or in the case of the current offense, lack of performance. Even average numbers would probably enough to make this team a lock for the a playoffs and a threat when they get there. Even with all of the turnovers, the offense can't score. They managed only 16 points against a bad defense in Arizona, with seven coming on a punt return. The Bengals also held them to 16. Those are the two worst defenses in the league in terms of yards per game and they aren't much better in scoring.

The job is going to be a hell of a lot tougher against the Bills, whose defense is third in yards per game and second in scoring.

2. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016

Yes, I couldn't think of his name. I mentioned him as the receiver that went to the Broncos

• Like Like x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It would be interesting to see how much of the low numbers are because of the offense not meshing, the injuries, the horrid game plans and defenses cheating up against a young inexperienced team. Looking at the last four games the two Browns games, the Bengal and the Cards they were stacking the box and daring the Steelers to try and beat them in the passing game. If Duck can start hitting guys quick and lettING them work it will open things up more.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Teams have been daring the Steelers to throw it down the field like that since Roethlisberger was hurt. The offensive issues are a combination of all of those things, but losing a talent like Brown certainly played a role in the decline from last year to this one.

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    A talent like Brown would have you disappointed this year. He wouldn't even be probowl material on the current Steelers. Check out his #s when he had Landry throwing him the ball. He should thank Ben & his long ball for his success.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Maybe Popcorn has made some adjustments on how this offense should be ran. He doesn't need 30 pts. a game this year.

7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    That's true. The reason Ben threw the ball 50 times a game is because he had to. The defense was letting the other team score at will so Ben had to keep going out there and chucking the ball around to try and keep up. This year's defense is shutting the other team down so there is no reason to try and throw the ball all over the place and risk turnovers. With the defense we have now, if you run the ball, pass sparingly and avoid turnovers that is how you go 7-1 over the last 8 games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

To the Patriots.

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Can't wait to see the Bowling Bell to carve up the Rats defense tonight. Looking forward to his 15 carries for 32 yards.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I saw this on something:

“I pay my weed guy less per ounce than the Jets pay Lev Bell per rushing yard.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Someone is overpaying for their weed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Bell received 23 touches in last night's game and got 88 yards (3.83 yd/avg per touch) and scored zero TDs.

definitely not worth anywhere near the $$$ he was asking the Steelers for and what the Jets are paying him...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You could say the money has gone up in smoke? .... ;)

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Any receiver's numbers would be down due to the loss of Rothlisberger, but he would still be a hell of a lot better than anybody on the current team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's a good thing, because the current offense can't even get there once and will struggle to get to 20 most weeks.

The offense isn't struggling to score because they aren't trying. They are struggling to score because they aren't very good.

16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Or inexperienced. Amazing that one should think that we should be putting up 30 a game considering the past year. All that matters is the W at the end of the day. This team has been collecting them for about 8 weeks now. That is progress & mighty fine in my book. Sorry about AB not being a part of a BETTER team. He is what he is, a one time SB loser. That's his ceiling. He is still working on his floor & the Steelers had the acumen to see it coming.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Brown in his prime, or the nut case that surfaced week 16 last year?

18. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I've had tickets to the Jets game since before the season. I've been predicting that Bell would be out with an injury by the time that game came round.

Now, it looks like I'll be wrong, unless he gets the flu again- but I still like the matchup the Steelers' way.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    First time chiming in on the subject. Given the reasoning behind his desire to get paid, I am not surprised in the slightest in not just his down year but career as well. Taking off a year at a position in which is not very forgiving anyway is essentially the ultimate example of the infamous acronym to describe longevity in this collusion based sport.

N: Not

F: For

L: Long

Regarding our fated bout with Le'Veon, nevermind Minkah, had we not selected Devin Bush, my concerns would be warranted despite Le'Veons pedestrian season. However and thankfully, this is not the case. Add in the likes of Bud, Javon, T.J. and even Terrell and my worries of Le'Veon doing any damage are as severe as my new kitten that I received wanting to chew my furniture; none.

Why did my kitten not want to chew furniture?! Sweet Orange and Lemon Essential Oil mix keeps my kitty at bay. How is something like kitty deterrent spray, in any way, relevant to Pittsburgh's incoming clash with the Jets?! Pittsburgh already has their own deployment to stop Le'Veon; speed and explosiveness from the front seven. For that matter, Tomlin got a first hand experience watching Le'Veon in practice. How Adam Gase is using Le'Veon is little to no different than what Todd Haley did.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If the Steelers had the acumen to see it coming, they would have traded him at peak value last season, before he went off the rails. Same with Bell, when he made it clear that he wasn't interested in playing under the tag again.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The only thing more ridiculous than judging a quarterback solely by his team's wins and losses is doing thing with a player at some other position, such as receiver. I'm sorry you can't get past your hate of Brown to see reality the way I can.

The post that started this was a claim that they are doing just fine without Brown and Bell. That clearly is not the case for the offense, which is eventually going to be this team's downfall.

Inexperience may be the reason the offense isn't good right now, but it still isn't good.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Brown wasn't in his prime the first 15 games last season, either, but he was still far better than any receiver on the Steelers' current roster.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Well they're not perfect but cut their losses quick when AB became detrimental to moving forward.
    Agree about Bell, they should have not tagged him twice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    AB would make it better? Ok

Edit: never had hated Antonio. I am dissappointed in what he has become. Check your reality meter, Reality doesn't deal in assumptions.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s nice. But it’s not an answer to my question.