1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury Updates

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Dec 9, 2019.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Perfect. By the time they hit on all cylinders the defense will he old again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    And that's just offense. Fitzpatrick, Bush, and Edmunds are starters on defense. Plus, Buggs is getting more playing time.

3. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steel machine

How about we win the Super Bowl, then there will be no reason to wonder. Now, wouldn't that be great (smile)? These injuries are getting ridiculous though.

JuJu

You talk about going from "riches to rags" in a sense. What a season he had last year statistically and health-wise and now this. He was the "Man" of the city. IMO, I hope people are not hard on him.

As an athlete myself, you want nothing more than to get back into the game. This is probably even that more frustrating, as we are as I say, "Significant" as a team and I am sure he wants to be a part of this fabulous run that we are making. Even if we were not in contention for the playoffs, I am sure he wants to be out there contributing on the field.

Connor

ONCE AGAIN I AM NO DOCTOR!

I did some research, not a lot. I did find that Cancer treatments can lead to weakening the body in various ways. However, the longer the time passes from treatment the stronger the body should become.

Now, that is for the average person. Connor is among an elite group of people on this planet as a professional athlete who plays a punishing sport. I have talked about this several times on the Board. I will reiterate my concern in that in some way has his disease, and/or treatment(s) for it, weakened his body or made him more susceptible to getting injured? One again, I am no doctor so I do not know the answer to that question.

This much I could "speculate" on, the disease and the treatments probably do prevent the body from being at 100% strength (athlete or no athlete). At least until they run their full course and time lets the body get back to a state of "normalization".

OR in part, maybe he is like Vance, just injury-prone. Cancer or not, I am really rooting for this guy. First and foremost, that he is permanently done with this monster. And you know what as I think about it? If he goes on to play football great! If not, so be it as long as he has his health. Go Connor!

Ben

Well, he never had a season-ending injury before. No injury is good and this really sucks. This may be the best "D" he had to work with in his career (arguable I know: Troy's Crew, Harrison's Crew). And the weapons he has on "O" are very good. No knock on our backup QBs but we all know that our "O" performance would be night and day difference with him in there.

Take care everyone.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    :eek:

5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    I know, I know Roonatic. That is why I underlined "may be". It definitely is debatable. Obviously, there is the 2008-2009 "D" that would come to many minds first. However, this current "D" seems to be pretty potent. How about the current one as one of the top three Ds that Ben has had to work with in his career?

6. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is the game that will solidify Tomlin as being coach of the year. But, it look like we're going to lose this one. We need all hands on deck and we will be without juju, connor, Vance, and samuel's?! That's just asking too much ... from a young offense ... like this one. I would love to be made fun of .... after the game with a Steeler's win. But this one maybe ugly.

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Let's see how far this D takes us, With or without Ben. Troy & company were pretty solid.

8. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Samuels isn’t even on the injury report??

JuJu Bust Schuster is out as is the Glass McDonald

Connor is questionable but practiced fully all week?

The offense is decimated

9. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

I had to go out for a few and was thinking about "Troy & company" as well. Yeah, I agree let's just see how far this current "D" can take us. They are doing a very, very good job up to this point. They are the biggest reason why we are still "Significant" as I say.

10. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Jujubean.

Well you know the Tomlin mantra: "The next man up". and "The standard is the standard". Actually, so far, so good. Hopefully, they can keep it up. Whatever strengths Tomlin supposedly has, he better pull them all out of the bag.

11. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I heard Samuels is good to go. So w a Samuels, Snell, Whyte, Edmunds (if needed w blocking) backfield... if there are updates w Samuels not being ready... I think we are ok and there is still a possibility for a win vs. Bills (esp. if Duck controls the ball w no turnovers and wld be great to have another 70% completion game

12. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Conner is expected to play. Per ProfootballDoc he doesn't need an injection and should be able to share the load.