1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Calculating the probability of the Steelers making the playoffs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Dec 11, 2019.

1. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Apparently Juju is now doubtful after re-injuring his knee. fml.

2. uncblue012

Aug 11, 2017
    We all know Bell is going to go off for 100+ yards against us. It'll happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Or maybe the D gets some payback and stuffs his worthless azz. Having that POS get any success against us is unthinkable to me. The only success that I would like to see is that their cart is working and operational to help him leave the field.
    Then he recover and be healthy enough to play his next game. .

4. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    We better hope that the Rats have nothing to play for in their last game. They look pretty damn good last night even though it was the NYJ.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. uncblue012

Aug 11, 2017
    I don't really care in regards to Bell, but any success we allow AB (if and when he plays again) would set me off.

6. uncblue012

Aug 11, 2017
    They're so freaking good and they seem like a likable bunch of guys, it makes me sick. Why couldn't this have happened to ANYONE but the Ravens? Ugh.

A one-and-done in the playoffs would be a dream.

7. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't see anything likable about Rats. We must break them. Waking up from dream now.

8. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I agree AB is the worst of the two but they are both cancers. 2019 season drama = 0.

9. uncblue012

Aug 11, 2017
    It's been incredible. This season has been everything I've wanted. We're winning, albeit ugly, and doing it with a group of awesome guys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Ok, I see that now. So then it would come down to common 4 games. We both beat Chargers, Bengals, and Colts. But they lost to Jets so it would come down to us winning that game.

11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey uncblue012.

I know I just read it.:facepalm: Well, that sucks. Maybe, he tried to rush back too soon? Just speculation. As an athlete myself, the mentality when injured is to get off of the "shelf" as soon as possible. I been there I know the "itch" very, very well. Unfortunately, once again if this was the case with JuJu, when that does happen you not only lose the healing time that you put in but also compound it or have to start it all over from scratch. Hopefully, it was just a "tweak". We need his services.

However, somebody has to step up now! Well with all the hype that Cain is receiving here maybe it will be him. I really do not care who it is but if everyone is buying into Tomlin's mantra, you know: The Next Man Up and The Standard is the Standard, no better time than now for whoever that WR may be.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    If the Ravens beat the Browns in week 16, then they clinch the #1 seed and have nothing to play for against the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm with you, but I don't think Harbaugh wants his guys to have 3 weeks worth of rust in between games.
    You will see Lamar Jackson for at least a half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. kfender69

kfender69

Dec 15, 2014
    On my CBS sports app they had a piece saying that RG III will start against the Steelers if the Ravens are either locked into the 1 or 2 seed

15. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    If Lamar Jackson blows out a knee playing in a game that means nothing, Harbaugh better sneak out of Baltimore in the dead of night because the Raven's fans will be coming after him with torches and pitchforks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. kfender69

kfender69

Dec 15, 2014
    If the Ravens beat the Browns next week and lock up home field advantage, there's no way Jackson plays against the Steelers week 17

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yeah but even if it's RG3 you better take them serious.

I can remember the 2004 Steelers being 14-1 rested quite a few players against the Bills in the Season finale. The Steelers back ups won and beat a Bills team that needed a win to get in the playoffs.

And along with that long rest, the Steelers nearly lost to the Jets in the divisional round, luckily O"Brien the kicker for the Jets couldn't even come close to making a FG.

18. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    We won that game with Brian St. Pierre at QB. Yeah the Ravens backups aren't going to roll over and welcome the Steelers into the playoffs. It will be a hard fought battle no matter who they have in there. We could solve the problem by beating the Bills and Jets and not having to worry about who the Ravens start.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. kfender69

kfender69

Dec 15, 2014
    I'm not worried about who will start for the Ravens in that game, I'm just stating that it definitely won't be Jackson if the Ravens have home field advantage secured by week 17

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    How about we just beat the Bills and Jets and Bills lose to NE like they should, we will have 5th seed and Ravens game means nothing to us too.

• Like Like x 1
  21. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    In that Bills, game, it helped though, that one of those hither to unknown backups was Willie Parker, who had a huge game and led the Steelers to victory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. kfender69

kfender69

Dec 15, 2014
    I'll sign up for that all day and I think it's going to happen

23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Heinz you are showing some bi-polar tendencies or you need to reduce the estrogen injections. I can see beating the Bills, but if RG III plays, there is no way you believe the Steelers will beat the Ravens. And of course the Steelers will lose to the Jets, which is your normal way of thinking.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    While I tend to agree the Steelers lose to bottom feeders at least once a year, I believe this won't be one of those years. I still say the Steelers end up 9-7. It's been an amazing season regardless what happens from here on out.

Debbie Downer here, we are not beating the Ravens in Baltimore regardless who is under center. IMO we have to beat Buffalo Sunday night to make playoffs. 10-6 gets us in. IMO the Bills are going to smoke us. It has been an amazing run after that 1-4 start but Sunday night reality will set in. A lot of Steeler fans will have a depressing Monday morning but I'll just remember how bad we all thought it was going to be after week 5 and the wonderful job our boys did keeping it together. Debbie Downer out.

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I meant Steelers will not beat the Ravens in the PLAYOFFS vs. Lamar Jackson. Not week 17 vs. RGIII.... I think Steelers can win that game.