1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Bills

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol: Sorry, not sold on Duck!

If he handles the Bills I'll begin to feel better about him. They aren't as nearly as generous as Arizona.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I wasn't but Bills line is ranked 6th in run blocking and Steelers 25th and in pass protection Bills are ranked 23rd and Steelers 3rd. It's flipped. Add to it a RB like Singeltary and the Steelers have their work cut out for them.

Allen did turn the ball over 3 times against NE so I feel good about that part of the game, I think they will get some turnovers. Bills have a very good secondary too though so Hodges will need to be very smart and accurate with his passes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    None of them could score in the red zone, well maybe Arians.

4. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    This game will show what the Steelers are truly made of. I'll probably get blasted for this but the Steelers haven't won a game against a very good opponent. They didn't do bad against good opponents either less the Cheats but this game will let us know what, our coaches are capable of and the players.
    If someone hasn't said it yet, Fitchner needs to go. He makes me want Haley or Arians and I never thought I'd speak those words.

5. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    I'm right there with you on the skepticism, but I have a feeling he's gonna make believers out of a lot of us this game. Maybe it's just my homerism who knows

6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I am not sure we can blame Duck completely on that. He is given plays and thy still have him on a very short leash. At least he moves and scrambles..they just need to let him throw down field some more.

7. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    A loss is a loss on the stat line, but they lost by 4 pts to San Fran, 2 to Seattle, and took the Ravens to OT, and actually surprisingly have won against teams with nrecords...something Tomlin has made a career of NOT doing, lol. I have no delusions about the O on this team, just enjoying seeing the team have a small lead in the final moments and seeing the D actually stop them for the win. This game may come down to FG's, last drive sort of thing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Ra
    I’m not so much arguing with you as I am questioning such rankings. It is tough to isolate line play when problems at the skill positions have limited the Steelers’ offense so much this season.

9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    How has Duck been handcuffed? With an extra second or two, and a small degree of separation, I guarantee you that he lets it fly. You say they aren't letting him throw downfield. I say his success has come from knowing when NOT to. You don't complete over 70% of your passes by not throwing where you need to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Fair enough.

QUACK QUACK

• Like Like x 1
  11. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I stand corrected.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    People expect this kid to come in and throw the ball around as if Ben were playing. They also forget how hard it is during the season to do much of anything but plan for the next game especially when travel is involved. Every week duck gets the reps it should get better but don't expect by leaps and bounds. I actually think throwing juju and Conner back into the mix could regard him some from the players he was getting comfortable with the last couple of weeks. This last home game should help some but at least the travel will be short after that. :cool:

14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey again mac daddyo.

"People expect this kid to come in and throw the ball around as if Ben were playing". I just stated this to you a few minutes ago in another thread. Yes, no need for Ben-Type heroics. Just play within his "game" for now. Sure, if a big time potential play presents itself then go for it!. Just no silly drive-killing mistakes. Just throw the ball away when in doubt and back to the huddle.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Because it`s down to just 3 teams competing for two playoff spots (Steelers, Texans, Titans) I was wondering if we get in if we lose to the Bills, but win the last two games which is very possible. I`m happy to report according to the ESPN payoff predictor we get in on that 3 way tie. Criteria was worse case scenario because I put in that the Titans and Texans split their two games and they both win their other game causing three way tie.

Also reversed our win and loss with Jets/Bills and we are tied, still we get in. The huge advantage for us is Titans and Texans play each other twice guaranteeing two losses will be recorded between them. That plus we happen to have favorable tie breakers.

I think it is fact that we are in if we win any two of the last three.

Edit: Note that I did include Bills losing and tie breaker involving them in the mix. Still, we get in.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'd try to hit a home run right off the bat. Loosen up that secondary so that they can't load the box against the run. I'd pass run pass that first series and if it nets a first down I'm going deep. The Steelers have a total of 6 points on their first drives for the season. Need to make that 13 and then see who's defense is the better. I like ours more strictly due to the turnover factor.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Our defense can rattle Allen. If we're playing from behind, then he doesn't have to try our secondary. Like to see him needing points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The one thing I am very scared of is that we get burned deep. I am worried about John Brown's speed as well as the others. I know Haden has been playing good but if you go back the last few games he was burnt a few times and if it weren't for bad bad bad QB play it could have been bad. I would love to see this be an old school football game with a lot of hard hitting.

19. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Yes, the bills have a strong defense, but the truth is that buffalo has only beaten one team this season with a winning record.... They started the yr 3-0 with very close wins over the dolphins, jets and Bengals.... Trust me.... This bills team is decent but not nearly as good as their record would indicate

20. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I thinks there is a lot of Madden play callers out there that think it is just easy to call a football game. I don't think they realize it has a lot to do with defensive personnel, situations, and who is available on that particular down. I think the OC also has other people in his ear (tomlin) reigning the play calling back a bit for the young lineup we have playing right now. In all I think he has been great. The WR bubble screen should be taken out of the play book all together though. heheheheeh

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I really do get what you are saying about injuries and youth, however I totally disagree. He has a veteran oline, a TE that has experience and we don't use and before his injury a WR that MANY here called a #1 with or without AB. When you have a young struggling QB who is his best friend???? Yeah the TE and we have a good one that has spider webs on him cause we don't use him. Throw in the fact that this offense was so good last year and Fitch was the OC and now AB is gone and Ben is hurt and we look lost. Sorry I know I am just a "Madden Player" but where do you put the blame? It is showing right now we still have a talented WR core so what is the problem? Someone also mention the bubble screen needs to be removed from the play book, well have you been watching cause it sure has been.......maybe it needs to be added back!

I do get that Fitch has been given a lot of problems but his own HC preaches next man up. IMO it is time for Fitch to step up too........let me go back to madden now, lol!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  22. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I am not really even a fan of Fichtner. I certainly don't think he's done much to really praise. I just don't think he is quite as tragically bad as a lot of people think as I think he hasn't had a lot to work with. I'm with you on the use of TEs though. It is crazy how little play they have gotten.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree with you 100% he has been dealt a bad hand but now is the time for him to step up imo. He has held onto Ben's coat tails long enough now is the time he has to be the offensive man. Vance has been a ghost all season and why trade for Vannett if we aren't going to use him much. Yes I know they do more than catch passes they block too, however they did that last year right? I am not a fitchner fan right now and it has nothing to do with him being Ben's buddy, it has to do with production. Maybe we get something going now fine that would be great but to say fitch don't have anything to work with would be wrong. Heck people have been down on JW and look what has happened when they fed the ball to him. Now DJ is stepping up and Juju is coming back, we have talent it is fitch's job to use it.....including Vance. :thumbs_up:

24. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Or our offense can bring it all together and blow them out. See, I can do this too but in a more positive light. No one knows.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  25. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Well one comment holds merit based on statistics the other one is well laughable