1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Maurkice Pouncey

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jay31, Nov 14, 2019.

1. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well since Larry Ogunjobi only got 1 game.. I was kind of shocked they didn't suspend him for two as well (just so he wouldn't face the Steelers).. I hope there will be no retaliation from any other players on our team... or theres!

2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I expect the officials will give a strong pregame warning to both HC's and flags will be quick to fly. O doubt they will get the players to hold hands and sing kum bai ya before the national anthem, but both head Coach's should attempt to tame the rhetoric during game week preparations,.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They have Patrick Morris on the practice squad, they could bring him up on Saturday.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Garrett thought accusing Rudolph of using a racial slur, was going to get his suspension reduced :facepalm:.

5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That could be one of Pouncey's last big time things he does as a Pittsburgh Steeler. Coming to the end for him:(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Who is paying for Markice's lost wages?

7. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I truly believe the only reason this was kept to 2 games was so he couldn’t play against Cleveland. I truly don’t believe Pouncey would go out there and start something, but the League just trying to cover all their bases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    He only kicked him in the head once. I don't understand the 2 game suspension.;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Agreed: Hoping Pouncey spends the next 2 weeks getting healthy and shaking off the funk he is in.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yea I saw they brought jc back to the ps so they probably will.:cool:

11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    He's losing two game checks, that a huge enough fine based on his contract....

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I thought they might want Ogunjobi to have to sit out the game against the Steelers, but what he did simply wasn't as bad as what Pouncey did.

13. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Heard Primanti's was asking him to be a bouncer..

14. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    This is huge when your making what he makes.

15. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Pouncey fought like he and his brother Mike were bouncing guests from their birthday party! Props to Maurkice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised if you know who out in Denver makes a call to Finney's agent this offseason. I hope we don't lose Finney but the allure of being a starter and getting reunited with MM will be too strong imo.

17. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Turtle are you back in the States?

18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Unfortunately, I will be in about 3 days or so, I'm being DQ'd for a dental issue. Either way its cool, I'm on the list for a job at at the Marshall Islands at Kwaj.....

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You never know.:cool:

20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Dental issue? Hmmmm......could it be you are picking up some signals they don’t want you to hear? Be careful while you’re waiting to leave they might want to remove a couple fillings....

• Like Like x 1
  21. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    i too was all for Pouncey defending his QB, at first anyway. Then I see him kicking a Cinci player while on the ground. As far as I’m concerned, he’s no better than Garret. The punching and pushing I’m fine with in that situation but what he did was just as selfish when he started kicking, especially now that we need him vs Clev. I just can’t condone thug-like behavior -sorry

22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I guess it didn't work; his snaps still seem to be off the mark.

Hodges and Samuels saved him multiple times on his snaps against Arizona from turning the play into a complete disaster. Bad case of the Yips this year?

Every game this year he has had over a handful of bad snaps; I don't remember him going through this before.

I was impressed by Samuels taking the ball off the ground on that wildcat play.
    Go to 1:30 in this video and you will see back to back snaps that could have been disasters. The 2nd one is the Snap to Samuels where we just luck out.
    https://www.steelers.com/video/highlights-johnson-leaves-his-mark-in-the-desert

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wonder if Finney can actually handle a full-time starting job at center. I know he is better at guard, but it may be nearing time to move on from Pouncey and the line really wasn't appreciably worse in two games with Finney at center.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Pouncey’s snaps would be a huge issue if the guys hadn’t kept bailing him out. I’m so impressed with how Duck seems to react so calmly to the bad snaps. That sweet TD throw to DJ was impressive on its own but even more so given that he took the snap basically off the ground first. Pouncey has to clean this up but it doesn’t seem like he is going to. Hopefully Duck and co keep bailing him out if necessary.

25. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I haven't heard anyone adressing this in the media, asking Tomlin, asking Pouncey, etc. I'd love for someone to get to the bottom of this. He has never done this before. Sure, maybe one bad snap a season, if that, but for crying out loud, he's turfing multiple snaps each series!! At some point, his bad snaps are going to become a liability. And guess who is going to get the blame for that? All you Tomlin apologists get your excuses ready for when we lose a game because Tomlin is not dealing with a veteran's problems.