1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Bills

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Good points. Yeah the Steeler defense is rock solid right now.. Joe Haden who was reportedly washed up is back hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    They have a much tougher schedule than ours

3. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Blast Furnace.

I just went on a "Complete Rant" over in the McDonald looks disinterested thread about this. I do not want to get started again. Just that I am totally Mind-Boggled while totally Pissed-Off as to this situation. It is totally unacceptable! Take care Blast.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Close game, but Steelers pull it out with a W. These guys like each and are having fun, no drama , ride or die. Go Steelers:herewego!:

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Titans and Texans play one another twice, this coming Sunday and Week 17. They are currently tied for first in the AFC South, so one of them will be taken out of the wild card equation by winning the division. Either they both lose at least one more game or one of them gets swept. The latter would be the best outcome for the Steelers. I'm guessing they split, but the Titans' other remaining game is against the Saints. That could be a wild shootout to that goes to the wire.

The Texans' other remaining game is a little easier. They get the Bucs Week 16.

6. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    The Bills are a solid team. Nothing outstanding run of the mill good NFL football team this year. The way some are talking we are going to play the 85 Bears and 2000 Ravens D on Sunday. This offense is doing enough to win plain and simple. Its a lot like Bens rookie year, just dont make the BIG mistake and we have a chance with our D to be in the game late with a chance to win. The Bills have not really played anyone, their only good wins if you want to call them good are the Cowgirls, and Titans. The combined wins and losses on their schedule 65-99. I know the Steelers haven't really beaten anyone either besides Chargers, Colts, Rams but their combined wins and losses 81-87 the Steelers have had a much harder schedule. I have said it about the Browns when all the hype was ramping up and everyone giving them a playoff spot, they are STILL THE BROWNS until they prove different. These are still the Bills until they can do it consistently.

Just like the Pats 8-0 didn't play a soul, 2-3 in their last 5 cause they actually had to play a NFL football team not a bottom feeder. I actually think the result would be quite different if the Steelers got the Pats late in the season this year. That offense is just as bad as ours and our D is totally different. The Bills record is inflated with wins against inferior opponents.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Bills OL is weak, the Ravens were hitting Allen constantly. The Steelers play well at home in primetime, I expect a low scoring game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Perhaps it is a good thing that the Steelers have faced so many mobile quarterbacks the last few weeks. They struggled with it the first time against Mayfield, but have done a better job since then. The difference is that Allen will break tackles, something you don't really see from Murray.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No, no one is making them out to be the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens but they are one of the best defenses they will face this season. Ravens and 49ers being the other two and they last both those games. They have trouble generating offense against poor defenses let alone good ones. Hodges could only muster 152 yards against a very generous Arizona defense, now he will be facing one of the best secondaries in the league.

The way I look at it:

Defense is about equal
    Brown/Beasley = Johnson/Washington
    Allen > Hodges
    Singeltary > Snell/Samuels.

They need Conner and JuJu back healthy.

10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If the Bills line plays like they did yesterday against the Ravens. Steelers will have a field day with a home crowd.

But Bills D is good, going to be hard for the Steeelers O.

11. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Going to be a low scoring slug fest. Turnover and field position are going to be key IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Bills are probably the better team, just due to Allen and Singletary. The Steelers are going to need turnovers to be an equalizer again, as they have been many times this season.

It is important to note that the Bills' schedule is actually weaker than what the Steelers have faced so far. Your comparison also leaves out the offensive line, which is a significant advantage for Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    bills fan feel 50/50 and i feel the same way. It's a 50/50 toss up only because of the primetime+home game. Otherwise i give bills advantage. They have a great defense and better offense. We have a terrible offense, splashy defense and pretty good kicker.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I think it will be a lot like the Rams game here at home. I expect the defense to once again carry the load and be the difference between the Steelers winning and losing this game. This defense this year has made plays that have won games something they weren’t doing last season. Minkah is due for a big game and a huge turnover. I think both him and Devin Bush come up big this week in this game with the Bills. I like the Steelers something like 21-16.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    As I have stated before, this will be Pittsburgh's biggest test of the season. Buffalo has a defense comparable to ours and has a more efficient ground game with a more explosive QB to boot. Not an easy contest at all.

No surprise Vegas has this game as essentially a pick em game. Pittsburgh is opened up as 1.5 favorites but I do anticipate that to change later this week. Plenty of time between now and then to find out who has the better chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Our current team didn't push anyone. We don't resemble the team back then. I have faith we can play with anyone if we don't turn the ball over, but what we did against those three teams doesn't give us much to hang our hats on.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers better at pass protection, Bills better at run blocking. Singletary averages about 5.5 yards per carry.

Unfortunately I don't think Hodges is a good enough QB even with better pass protection to give them any edge in the passing game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Big fear the Bills gonna have duck for dinner. The passing lanes will be a lot tighter then he saw in Arizona.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Exactly. Our offense wasn’t hot vs the worst defense and now we are playing a top 5 defense.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like our chances.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I think the clock strikes midnight Sunday night ...I love how the defense is playing but like said above about the Bils D ,we're not the 85 bears or 00 Ravens either ..
    We can't score on crap defenses so theres that too..
    Obviously rooting for a win but it would be more of a pleasant surprise than an expected outcome ..

22. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I wouldn't put that advantage in the running game all on the line. The Bills have better backs and Allen is more of a threat, which opens up more running room. Give both teams comparable skill players and the Steelers' line is superior.

Hopefully, the Steelers can do enough against the run and take advantage of Buffalo's shaky pass protection to disrupt Allen enough to keep the scoring low and produce some turnovers. I doubt the Steelers are beating anybody without winning the turnover battle, especially not a good opponent.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    We need to have a creative game plan on offense. I think the defense will hold its own at home under the lights, but we need to try to do something that teams haven't seen yet or at the very least maybe try to run some play action early to soften up the defense a bit. I think its a low scoring game where the team who comes up with the splash play or two (offensively or defensively) will end up being the team that wins. I think our chances of victory are probably a few ticks above 50/50. maybe 53/47 or 55/45, just gotta show up ready to play.

25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    That sounds sweet. I hope so. We can blow up any offense. If they know they will have no time to throw the ball, I would expect a lot of running and quick short passing plays from them.

• Agree Agree x 1