1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

An update on me

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, Dec 8, 2019.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about the way your life is going Spencer but grateful that you bravely shared your situation with us. My late Wife was first diagnosed with Stage 4 Kidney Cancer with essentially no symptoms. She had two major surgeries and recovered quite well but was given about a 12% chance to make it 3 years. She went on another 10 full years. She had a ton of prayer support but often we wondered why she wasn't in full remission until we realized that miracles often come in small packages and that every minute of every day she was still here helping and praying for others was extra "miracle" time she and our family was being given. While because of her Faith, she was ready to go on Day 1, she was still able to go on 10 years and accomplished so much during that time, time that we were never certain she was going to have. Channel your positive thoughts and live each day and each moment to its fullest as best you can. Just look what our Steelers are doing with so many depleted parts and against such odds. There are a lot of great people here who will keep you in their thoughts and prayers. #7 is just around the corner. (may require some Divine Intervention though).

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Feel better rollers. Best wishes

3. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Best wishes!!!

4. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You got this. Positive vibes your way, every day.

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Keep going Rollers. Good to hear from you.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  7. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Get well soon man. Positive mental attitude will do no end of good

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I will continue to pray for you until the day you say you are cancer free

9. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  10. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Hang in there, Steelers brother!

11. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Your story brought tears to my eyes. I am sorry for what you are suffering through makes my situation sound silly. My wife and I will pray daily for you. May G of have mercy on you my brother

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Steellamb86

Steellamb86 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    It is always sad to read about others going through really tough times. I will be praying for you Rollers (and Spencer). God is good and I pray you are a believer because this is the worst it will ever get for those of us that believe. Hang in there and know we are all praying.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Steellamb86, Rollers, MojavDesertPghfan thanks for the kind words. It is what it is with me and we all have our troubles. I'm sorry to hear your problems and losses. If this has taught me anything, appreciate what you have because like a thief in the night, all can be stolen from us. I see people in a different light now. You never know what might be going on in someones life.

My oldest brother died of prostrate cancer, so have my moms four brothers, my moms two nephews and on my dads side of the family too. ( All of prostrate cancer.) My dad died of cancer and my other brother has prostrate cancer and anaplastic cancer, an extremely rare and un-treatable cancer. They said they are not going to deal with his prostrate cancer since the other cancer is so much worse. It seems kind of ironic for all those times I was taking my dad and brothers to chemo treatments, radiation, doctor visits and I had cancer too and didn't even know it.
    My brother with the anaplastica cancer, they gave three to five months for him to live. That was 5 or 6 years ago. They said no one has ever survived more than five years. I guess doctors don't know everything. When I would take my dad to the doctors or for myself, they ask you to list everyone in your family that has cancer and the type of cancer. Each and every doctor ask, " why didn't you write the date down that your brother passed away ? " I will say, he hasn't passed away. Oh, says the doctor, he was just diagnosed ? No, he's had it for a year now or two years and four years, etc. Each doctor tells me, I am witnessing a miracle.
    My brother and I are highly different. I asked him once if he was afraid and he said no, I prayed and God answers prayers.
    Dang, I never had faith like that and I'm not exactly Gods favorite example of one of his children.

My sadness includes my children are being short changed along with my wife. They won't have me around as long as I'd like to be. No one loves their children like their parents. My one daughter has down syndrome and she will never understand my absence. I was blessed to have my parents with me so long and I would thank God in every prayer for this. I don't want my children to see me sick. I don't want to go through what I know is going to happen to me. I doubt I am going to heaven since I'm incapable of repenting. As much as I try and pray, I'm a sinner. I sometimes think I have cancer to wake my butt up to my sins and I still stumble over each obstacle. Heck, I don't even stumble, I jump right in with both feet.

Okay, enough about me and my shortcomings, I am very happy and excited about our Steelers.

14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Rollers thinking about you keep fighting.........you too Spencer.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Spencer, check out a book called Nu Oncology by Dr. Ken Crawford. The guy is working miracles with some people

• Like Like x 1
  16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    John 3:16 is not just a silly sign in the end zone seats at football games; it is the key to answering your questions about being saved and the doubts that fill your mind. Just ask and you are forgiven for anything and everything. All that is asked of you is to believe, not to be perfect. I have a wall hanging my Wife made, it says: "Fear knocked at the door: Faith answered and no one was there". It helped us immensely over the years. Peace be with you Spencer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Spencer

Jan 25, 2016
    Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  18. Spencer

Jan 25, 2016

thank you

19. Spencer

Jan 25, 2016
    Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Best wishes and prayers to Rollers and Spencer. Keep fighting and may God bless both of you.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    There are 2 types of sinners, those that are saved and those that are not saved. If it was possible to not sin, then Christ wouldn't have had to pay for our sins on the cross. You have faith and a good sense of humor those things can take you a long way in being healed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I continue to you wish yinz both the best... Prayers sent. Now go kick its teeth in!

• Like Like x 1
  23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Thoughts and prayers to both of you!! Keep up the fight...

• Like Like x 1
  24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I remember when I had that fun procedure and the first thing I did was turn around and said to the Doctor, "how the hell can gay men enjoy that".

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I always think of the scene from "Fletch" when that exam is brought up!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1