1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

PSA - Away fans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Dec 9, 2019.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You make noise when the defense is on the field. You make no noise when the offense is on the field. Just because the PA/DJ hypes it up when the offense is on the field, you don't have to make noise. Defense or Here We Go Steelers is a good chant to get going.

Strength in numbers. Only do this in takeovers when like 40-50+ % Steelers fans.

Can we sticky this for the casuals?

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry SDOT but sometimes you gotta fan how you want to fan. The rules be damned. Plus if it is noisy all the time it's a push for both sides .

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Was at the game yesterday. And yes the Steelers fans were trying to be louder than the few cards fans.....when we had the ball. Finally figured it out in the fourth. This happens at many away games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Where you there? On tv you could not tell which fan base was louder. It was about 50/50 so not sure you know who was making noise and who wasn't.

Also notice our fan base at away games seem to be more into it then our home crowds. Frankly the home crowds are borderline lame at times. Last game I attended fans had security on other fans for standing . The entire section wanted to sit down and watch a game of golf.

5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm not sure if broadcast was trying to muffle Steelers fans. It should have been a lot louder for the amount of fans in attendance especially for a dome. That looked like more Steelers fans than in LA. LA the defense chants were loud. Fans gave them a real advantage. Yesterday, might have been the biggest takeover ever and nothing. I saw somebody who goes to a lot of road games. Say the SNU meet up was weak especially for the amount of people who showed up. I had a feeling this crowd was going to be too. Maybe it's the AZ people, I don't know. Disappointing. Not much from the players after the game about the crowd either.

I agree our home crowds can be disappointing especially for 1pm games. But you have to remember it's mostly season ticket holders going to 8 games a year. Away fans are going to their first game or first game in years. A lot different.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I was there as well sec 452 loud and proud!!! is what i witnessed Steelers are a proud mouthy fan base which piss of opposing fan bases plus add alcohol to the mix and there you go!!

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    We were playing on the road and a steeler fan is complaining about fan noise?

8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    What's the point of showing up? Your a diehard fan and want them to win right? Why not help towards that.

9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    How do you know it wasn't cardinals fans cheering on their defense? just one more thing for you to whine about.

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Because it's like 80% Steelers fans. That few fans cannot be making that much noise and I see the towels waving. Not to mention when they pan to the crowd and the DJ plays music when the Steelers are on offense and you the derps taking it as their cue to get loud.

11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

And now you’re going to make up numbers

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah, it's the rowdy Cardinals fans excited for their team :roflmao:

13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I wish the home fans would get as wild as on the on the road fans. But kuddos to the fans that went the Cardinals and Chargers games this year.

But it's been a little improvement with this years defense at Heinz Field, the crowd gets rocking for this years group.

In the past 5 season we had to just kind of pray that nothing bad happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree our home crowds can be disappointing especially for 1pm games. But you have to remember it's mostly season ticket holders going to 8 games a year. Away fans are going to their first game or first game in years. A lot different.[/QUOTE]

It has gotten more so every year. I think a part of it is a lot of tickets are now owned by companies and the people going really don’t care. The 6 seats to my left are like that.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    @SDOT is right. You could clearly see it on TV when they showed the crowd while our offense had the ball the Steelers fans were screaming their heads off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I just think the away fans could be a lot more helpful with a little structure or basic understandings. I mean they are going to one game every couple years/lifetime. Opposed to a 8 games a year. Pittsburgh isn't as big as these big cities. I mean 300k to fill 70k every weekend vs. 1.6 million in Phoenix.

Pens games too. It's the bad that comes with a boomin city. Companies come in and will buy the tickets at premium for years. It's a failing business model but I've already been over this. How European soccers got it right. We know they make most of their money at concessions not gate. No reason to out price real fans. Not to mention real fans would spend more money at concessions on their $10 beers instead of the people they cater to who have one beer and call it a night :lolol: Anyways.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You may be on to something here. The average Joe who doesn’t want to spend $100 on a ticket will have less problem buying a $20 ticket and $80 in beer.

9CE40341-2B38-48C9-A80C-FDF86C91386C.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    It was annoying when we were on O for sure... But I can assure you we were heard on D it was loud!

Also annoys me that a lot of folks have forgotten the old stand up for the kick off rule.

Had a blast either way.

• Like Like x 2
  19. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I think our tix were 250? For section 128... I spent a ton on tall boys to boot beings they didn't have an AE type center with 5$ tall boys. Got the bank alert while trying to fill up on our way home hahahahahahaha wife said damn yinz weren't too frugal last night! I reminded her that she helped and told her she was welcome for every damn Ross stop on the way home today!!!