1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official GDT Steelers @ Cardinals.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by The Sodfather, Dec 8, 2019.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Wow just wow, 7-1 since that 1-4 start and not having your HOF QB, starting RB and WR. This **** is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we all can agree the Steelers will make us sweat balls from here on out. Our losses came against strong teams, teams that have a shot at the Super Bowl (not Cleveland). I'd love to have NE right about now in the Burgh. Only team that blew us away.

Very proud to be a Steelers fan this season!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    No, not at all, Bunch. It's just my opinion. I'd like to see what Berry has to say about it.

3. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Hodges obviously is nowhere near the QB that Ben is but I respect the guy for the way he protects the ball and generally doesn’t do stupid crap.

I don’t miss Ben giving away winnable games with idiotic INTs thrown in to triple coverage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    When Edmonds was covering Fitzgerald, I thought the announcers were going to break out in a Gordon Lightfoot ballad. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :facepalm:

6. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Well, the one player, the most important player .... that was supposed to be informed ... was not!

7. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Wow.

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I saw Gordon Lightfoot in concert this summer in Erie. For an 80 year old guy he still performs well. He stood for 90 minutes and never sat while playing.

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    [​IMG] ;)

10. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    That is crazy on multiple levels. Your defense is playing great, why bother even considering a fake.

Very on-brand for Berry, however.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    So far, he has helped salvage this season for the Black & Gold.

We have a local sports writer that generally posts negative articles about the Steelers because his role is to be provocative. He basically said the other day that this run for Hodges is both the beginning and end of his career. I disagree. I think the kid can play and he has the perfect mental attitude for the game: the ability to filter out white noise like sports journalists that say he'll never cut it as a pro.

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Two of those drives ... had the defense in harms way. Accredited, to the offense and special teams. The defense, actually regain momentum with Haden's first interception and closed the game out with multiple sacks and another interception to close the game out

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    He is actually a very under rated guitarist. That riff in "Fitzgerald" is brilliantly spooky. 40 plus years old, and it stands the test of time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Absolutely. You have to wonder where in the world did Tomlin and Smith get the idea that a fake punt would work in this game...........oh wait.......:facepalm:

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not denying he isn't a good guitar player but I've seen him probably 15 times live starting in 1969 and he always had a second guitarist playing the lead riffs while Gordon picked or strummed the rhythm guitar parts. Perhaps in the studio he can overdub some lead parts when he's not singing. I'd say of all the musicians I covered back in my acoustic guitar and singing days, Gordon was probably my favorite songwriter and singer.

16. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    He literally is a gunslinger. Shoots moving objects in the sky.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    You were too. Don't act like you are innocent.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We are seeing the D Johnson that Coach Drake was so excited about. Here's hoping that he continues to improve.

• Like Like x 1
  19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Thanks defva.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I had the 49ers defense -22 pts, lost me my playoff game most likely.

21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I put my finger on the west coast curse source last week (Ben), and it looks like I was right.
    Other than that, I'm happy for the win today. That's all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey dane.

Like I stated, I did not see the game so I did not know about the short fields. I guess I am still on edge (not totally sold on new "D") about where our "D" was pre-Minkah, Nelson, "New" Bud and others. I am just a little worried that we may revert back to blowing leads and all of the 'bad" habits that we seem to be overcoming may have reared their ugly heads again.

This was a 3-win team we were playing. I was actually thinking we were to keep them under 10 if even that. When we went up 20-10, I came back a few minutes later and it was then 20-17. Honestly, it had me a bit worried that they scored that quick, especially a TD. I started having "visions" of the "old D" again. Still, as I stated last week, as good as the "D" is playing they are going to have to even play better if we are to remain "Significant" as I say. Thank you for filling in the wholes for me.

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    42201B24-6C87-4559-B678-A3F69DA1F2CE.gif

• Like Like x 2
  24. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    yes there is no doubt if rudolph isnt the future the future QB isnt in pittsburgh yet

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey kfender69.

Wow!
    I do apologize to the Steelers "D". I did not know about the details that you just wrote in your response. Very Impressive. No smell of "regression" there. That definitely calms me down now. Your Quote: "The defense had 5 sacks and 3 interceptions and held the Cardinals under 250 yards of offense". Nice! Very, very Nice! Now, that is what I am talking about. Thank you for the details. I just did not have time to look at the scorebox or highlights at that point. It does not look like the "D" missed a beat. It puts me back at ease.

The "D" is going to have to continue to play at that level, and YES, even better if we want to keep this train rolling.:clapping:

• Agree Agree x 1