1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Troy Believes In This Team As Well

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Dec 3, 2019.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Hello fellow brothers and sisters of TheSteelersFans!! AskQuestionsLater here, giving you a bit of what one of the greatest players in Steelers History had to say about Pittsburgh's chances should they make the playoffs. Here are his thoughts below;

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...d-be-dangerous-if-they-make-the-playoffs/amp/

Personally, while I do agree that anything can happen in the playoffs, to expect this team to make a deep run with a rookie QB?! That is a bit of a tall task. Thoughts fellow members?!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Thanks for posting this. I have not heard much from or about Troy recently. I know when he left the team there was some hurt and frustration. I do not know if those things have healed at all, but hopeful he gets in the HOF and the great memories surpass the feeling he may have had. One of the best Steelers on and off the field, ever.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    With the amount of injuries to this team and the ridiculous 2 game suspension to Pouncey, should this team make the playoffs and go deep or even win the Lombardi, it would be one of the greatest achievements in Franchise history, bar none.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  4. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I like Duck. an undrafted rookie goes up against a number one pick (BM) and beats him, more passing yards and higher QB rating and the win. I saw a picture of the two shaking hands after the game and they are exactly the same height 6'1, same size I think roster has BM at 220lbs and Duck at 215lbs. very similar, Duck might even have more touch on his throws, we'll see, Duck can hit too, there was a play against the Bengals when Duck could have gone out of bounds but instead surprised the DB and searched out contact and surprised him by knocking the wind out of the Bengals DB and they had to stop play for a bit

• Like Like x 1
  5. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Shout out to Troy, great player and good to watch that clip

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Super Bowl or bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The absence of Garrett and all the Browns injuries in the secondary helped Duck a lot in that game. He did look okay but let’s see what he does for the rest of the season.

As for the playoffs, I could see them shock a team like Heuston or Tennessee if they get them in the first game, but going on the road to the Pats or Baltimore is a whole other story and probably a bridge too far for this team unless Duck turns out to be insanely good.

That said, I’d love a rematch with the Pats, their offence is average at best and the Steelers D would surely pose a lot more questions than what the faced week one. I know the Pats would find a way to win but I would be interested to see how they match up now.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I can’t see it happening but honestly you just never know anymore. Unless you’re the browns or bengals you have a shot at winning the chip

• Like Like x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Have to edit this.... Unless you are an NFC East team like the Giants or Eagles, your team has no chance in hell in winning the chip.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Great article on Troy. If he does not make the finals and gets in on first ballot.... the Pro Football Hall of Fame loses all credibility.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I was reflecting back this morning over my bowl of oatmeal and realized that 4 or the 5 Steelers losses this season came to arguably the 4 best teams in the league. And other than the Patriots, they were competitive and a few plays here and there to winning 3 of them. Yes good teams win those games, or find ways to win at least ONE of those 3, but given how hampered this team is, I think it's an impressive feat.

All of that being said, I agree with your sentiment about a deep playoff run. I do think they've got a decent shot at making the playoffs and wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the Divisional round, possibly stealing a game at KC or HOU, although I wouldn't expect it.

All things considered, this has been a successful and fun season. At this point, it would take the bottom falling out and them finishing 7-9 to be disappointed, and even then I couldn't get too upset about it.

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    you think patriots are winning it again? going by pattern it will be an nfc east team and eagles arent winning the division.

gulp

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    It would be one of the greatest achievements the NFL has ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't think the Cowboys have what it takes to go on a run this year. That team is snake bitten.

And yes, Patriots will lose to the Bills in a few weeks, sports media will say they are done.... and then they go on another run and win the Super Bowl. Gronk and AB return for the playoffs. Brady wins #7 and says he's gonna play another 5 years. :facepalm:

15. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree... this would rival what Coughlin did with the Giants in 2007 against all odds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Could be wrong here but pretty sure no rookie QB has started in a Super Bowl. Didn't Ben make it to the AFCCG his rookie season only to be stopped by the Patriots??

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yes. Patriots beat the Eagles that year in the Super Bowl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    Thanks for posting. Didn't hear from him in awhile. Amazing player and one of my all time favorites.

19. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    We can't win the superbowl this year. I would have to give Tomlin more credit than I am capable of.

Everything you said is "correct." But rarely, if ever, is it fair to say one qb beats another. They aren't playing the same game. And before you start typing madly at how stupid I am for saying that, let me finish. In the same game, neither qb is facing the same defense OR situation. Even in a tie game, the supporting cast for each qb is performing at a different level. One qb might be torching the opposing defense and still not converting drives to points. The other might be struggling but the rushing attack is dominant. One qb could have a far lower rating and inferior numbers while winning the game by a comfortable score. His counterpart might have outplayed him hands down, but still came up short on the scoreboard.

Again, what you said is correct, but maybe an unfair assesment of who actually won the battle.

20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Too bad somebody threw away 14 years for 4 games. Troy and Wards need to be praised. I don't see anything about crying about PT. Sleeping during meetings and driving to games by yourself.

21. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I love hearing Troy speak out again. I've really missed him. I hope he can be a clear-cut part of the organization moving forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Love Troy my all time favorite Defensive player for the Steelers, I will be rocking his Jersey this Sunday in Arizona when the Steelers come to town!!! Go Steelers!!!

23. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, that's exactly how 2004 worked out. And that AFCCG is one that has since been proven to be a game that the Patriots were cheating in Spygate. Who knows what could have happened if they hadn't been cheating. Ben might have been the first rookie QB to go to a Super Bowl.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Personally speaking, I do not think I will ever witness an event in NFL History topping that one in my lifetime. The stakes, the teams, the predictions, the build up for New England to pummel the Giants?! Difficult for certain.

One more thing, Eli Manning was the number one overall pick from that legendary 2004 class. Devlin Hodges is an Undrafted Free Agent pickup.

25. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Well...if the Steelers somehow pull it off, you just nailed it. Devlin Hodges UDFA QB leads the Steelers to #7 victory... that would definitely topple what the Giants accomplished. Doesn't matter who the NFC team is. Looks like 49ers right now... they have the best overall team.

• Like Like x 1