1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Have We Seen the NFL Potential of Mason Rudolph?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Dec 2, 2019.

1. No, Mason will eventually play at an NFL caliber level and supplant Ben as the Franchise QB

12.1%
  2. No, Mason will eventually play at an NFL caliber level but be a career backup in the NFL.

67.2%
  3. Yes, He doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL QB and is destined to join Landry Jones in the XFL

20.7%
  1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yeah, we get it. Duck called and both your girlfriend and dog left you, and your parents won't return your call. You obviously know nothing...

Welcome to the boards, btw. Now run and catch that bandwagon. Be sure not to jump too late or it won't catch you.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015

Roethlisberger: 0-2
    Rudolph: 5-3
    Hodges: 2-0

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Memo to the Steelers: Stop drafting these QBs from the BIG 12 conference, Landry and Mason :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The overall record of Big 12 QBs in the NFL really has been terrible, with Mahomes being the obvious exception. I guess Tannehill is playing well finally and maybe Allen or Mayfield can eventually become good QBs, but otherwise, yeah, it hasn't been good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    where do you draft qbs from then?

• Like Like x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    ACC, Big 10, SEC

• Like Like x 1
  7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I chose the second option given there was no option of "We do not know yet."

8. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Mason looks like he sits around and reads Harry Potter books, not stealing girls. You could watch one game of football ever and anyone can see Mason stinks up the joint , why do you think he got benched chief ? Why do you think the undrafted guy is getting the call again this week ?

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This is ridiculous. If a professional receiver gets both hands on the ball, he should catch it. People really need to stop trying to make Rudolph a scapegoat. The receivers on this team have been a problem, too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Lol I'm sorry I picked on your boyfriend Steelers 302 or whatever... This is probably your other account so you can like your own stupid posts... SAD!!!

11. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Then why haven't they?

But I don't think we're talking about catchable balls. There have been MANY inaccurate throws. But please don't insinuate that our receivers have caught everything thrown to them.

12. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Nice try. My only account here. Ever. Seems like I touched a nerve, however, even though I just reworded your own reply.

13. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    Why else would you come out talking so much sh!t about a player you never met... If Mason is so bad , why even come to this thread and run a guy down who has had the sh!t kicked out of him( LITERALLY knocked the f$ck out) standing in there being a man taking shots to deliver passes receivers bobble or tip to the other team, All for the Steelers... You have nothing better to do?

14. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    Yeah on a comment NOT TO YOU... Think I'm the one who touched a nerve genius...

15. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I don't know what's wrong with you, but I'm sure it's hard to pronounce.

16. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Why are you in here defending a man that'll make a few million over 4 years that can't perform to the standard? So what if he got knocked out, that's football. You don't get a free pass because you get knocked out. He isn't good , that's all I'm pointing out. He stood in there for a lot of INTs and checkdowns

17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Why are you asking me not to do things I did not do? The entire point of my post was that it was ridiculous to blame Rudolph for his receivers dropping passes.

The Steelers have dropped plenty of catchable balls this season. Rudolph certainly made more than his share of bad throws, but the receivers definitely deserve their share of the blame for the problems in the passing game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    No just pointing out what a sad negative person you must be... Rudolph struggled but also showed promise... Not one int b4 the Cleveland game could be placed on him alone & your "analysis " is so bad you either know nothing about football or have a personal thing against the kid... He stood behind a terrible line & took a beating for this football team & getting knocked out the way he did is HARDLY "football ", all so the receiver could drop another one btw...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    Yeah go sign into your other account so you can like your own post... I'm sure everything is hard for you...

21. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    My apologies. I misread your intent. Old habits are hard to break as it's implausible that I agree with you. But alas. If dogs and cats can live in harmony, maybe I can agree with you. Just don't get used to it. ;)

22. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    How dare you inject any reasonable objectivity into this conversation...

23. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    :facepalm:

I finally agree with @Formerscribe and now have @Philofarnsworth79 to contend with. I can't win.

24. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I think it is going to take an entire offseason for Mason to get it together again.

Needs time to recover from his first KO. A standing 8 game count and he should be good to go.

I still think he will see some game time this season. The Buffalo game may be where we will use both QBs.

• Like Like x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    :popcorn: