1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers a home underdog to Browns for 1st time in 30 years

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Lots of rain and mud=Benny Snell football.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Sunday will not be a good day if we put Duck out there without a run game. And since we don't have one, we better do something real quick to get one. Defense could keep it close but won't win it for us. Boz better stay at the Holiday; Inn Express as this could go down to him like last year. Can't believe we are on the verge of being swept by these Clowns. We will end up the season just like last year if we lose Sunday as all the air in the balloon will be gone and we sit is 3rd place in the division behind CLE (I think).

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    Yes we will be 3rd in the division if the Browns win on Sunday. That would lock in our opponents for next season this way.
    Ravens twice
    Bengals twice
    Browns twice
    Cowgirls
    Redskins
    Giants
    Eagles
    Colts
    Texans
    Titans
    Jaguars
    Chargers
    Jets

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers should gameplan to run the ball at Myles Garrett replacement :hehehe:, also since Garret is out maybe AV won't get knocked on his ass so much.

• Like Like x 1
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    No Ben, Nix, Tuitt, JuJu, Pouncey, Conner for the Browns game, and a third string QB making just his second start, you think the HC should get fired for losing to Cleveland. Talk about being totally clueless :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers have been home underdogs for three straight games Colts, Rams, Browns, I can't remember the last time that has happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    It will be 4 games in a row because I'm sure the Bills will favored against us in our next home game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    One of the best quotes of all time for sure... Definitely fit the times. I agree with all that you said as I 100% believe that is how it should be but generationally the ball has been dropped and the old piss and vinegar days of being motivated by a paycheck don't seem to be of the utmost importance. These guys and most folks in general anymore need a fire lit under them and if the money don't bring out their gumption then by gum here's to hoping a little **** talking will! Woo Hoo

9. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Dobbler 33.

You know, I have had bosses over my teaching career that have made the comment; "You should be thankful that you have a job". Now, you can imagine the uproar that stirred. However, in part it is true. More than likely, the response would be from the workers that it is a two-way street. And it is for sure. Especially, in the school districts that I taught in. We could talk abut that in a "Conversation" if you would like to hear some crazy/funny teaching stories.

Me personally, I never ever took any job I had in life for granted. I have been working since I was 8 years old. Always took pride in my work. That's me. You sign-up for a job, do your best, take pride in your work, and collect your check. At one of my schools, we had 10 Principals in 12 years, easily three times that for Assistant Principals, and literally hundreds of teachers come and go without even making it through their first year.

Getting a little comical here: "Yeah, yeah, yeah". Some younger folk, or anybody for that matter may be saying as reading this. May be reading this and adlibbing "Yeah STEELWINDS you also walked 10 miles to and from school everyday blah, blah! I am just laughing to myself now. I am sure there are plenty of prideful workers out there today. Just some are always looking for short-cuts or things to complain about.

No different than 20, 50, or 100 years ago I am pretty sure. I personally never needed Motivation to work. That is just me though. If it is the money that is the driving factor, then fine. As long as the J-O-B gets done and done without a daily dose of bitching. No one at the job really wants to hear it and for the most part, no one really cares. Maybe on the surface but down deep everyone has a life beyond work and really do not want to get wrapped up in their co-workers personal lives. Sorry folks if I veered away a bit here. Take care all.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The rain should be mostly done by noon Sunday so the track should be OK. I actually think that Hodges will do quite well and we will win.

11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steeler JJ.

As I have been saying for weeks now. We are still "Significant". We should not just be playing "Need to win Mode" but "We Need to win to make the playoffs Mode". The loss to the Browns hurt us but we got back on track the next week. Not pretty but I will take a 2-0 win any day over a loss or tie. We have to find a way each week to win (no-brainer, I know) but we cannot afford any more setbacks. The coaches are not putting our team in the most advantageous situations to do that IMO. I will not go down the laundry list except for the one that I keep harping on here and that is the utilization of the TE. Just mind-boggling how they have "disappeared" from the "O". Very discouraging!

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ducks do well in the rain! Browns? They tend to get flushed...….

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    my wife is in the education field from teacher to admin to special projects... in California none the less I imagine it’d be hard not to say I’ve heard it all at this point. hahahahaha

appreciate those that gut it out for pride and earn their check. Still pockets of those folks left but a dying breed it is.

14. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Thank the Almighty no Cheats. Hate being 0-1 before the season starts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Me neither.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    There are 17 teams in the NFL with worse records than the Steelers, and another 4 with identical 6-5 records... so no, we’re nowhere near the worst, or 4th or 5th worst. However, we may be the team that’s been most affected by injuries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ravens get Steelers twice - with Ben
    Patriots
    Chiefs

18. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah man and we won 2 out of three........let's make it 3 out of 4!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

The only difference in a 2nd and 3rd schedule is 2 games. 2nd place right now would be Bills(9-3) and Raiders(6-5). 3rd place is Jets(4-7) and Chargers(4-7), there is a chance these teams could move a spot with 6 games left for most. Where we have been hurt in years past is playing the 1st place schedule which is always the freakin Cheats and now KC. This imo is a big advantage to us for next year, not that 2 games means a ton and so much can change in the off season. However when you can play Jets/Bills and Raiders/Chargers over KC and NE that is an advantage........:thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
  21. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    What Rivalry? Our rival is first in the division right now. Only the Clowns would say something like this and try and make nothing out of nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We’re not going to play the Pats or Chiefs (in the regular season) unless one of those two teams falls to 2nd or 3rd in their division.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Thank the football gods we play the Eagles at Heinz Field next year. Philadelphia = Oakland... Steelers can't win at either location.

Cowboys and Giants will be on the road... Redskins at home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    oh I must have missed the part were we were good before those injuries . occurred . Please enlighten me since you have a clue.

Since you would prefer to ignore this season because we were only team to have injuries lets talk about the previous 7 seasons then. How many seasons did we have a post season victory ? . Since those players you mentioned are vital to our success how did we do with them?

No coach should be judged on 1 or 2 seasons... good or bad. Last 7 years is probably a fair snap shot no?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Im talking about our present situation. In case you missed it, we have not been getting better. Last week kinda supports what Im saying.

thinking we are a better team with Duck tho. So maybe with Duck we are a 7-9 team? We shall see