1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How to approach this week (QB Situation)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

And Tomlin appears to agree with you :)

2. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Like to see what he's got. Can't be much worse then the other two and how they are playing. You will see after the Browns game.

Agree should start Hodges, but then what if he gets hurt or ineffective, you going to put MR back in. Makes no sense, we seen what he has and it won't be fixed this year.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What happens when the same ineffectiveness happens with Duck? Will we put Lynch in the next game finally? What happens if the same things happen to Lynch? My point is this offense is lifeless and is overly dependent on our current QBs carrying the team and that just isn't going to happen. The common issue is what everyone already knows but still thinks our QB's are a one man team. No run game, no OL execution, piss poor play calling, questionable WR play, etc, etc, etc, etc. Who do you think could come in and all by themselves perform to your expectations without any of the things I listed? Who would want to? Ben couldn't when he did play this year. Who?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    How to approach this week?

With a lot of beer in the fridge. Also, without anyone around me whining about their (non Steeler) teams misfortunes.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's garbage, I would just put Rudolph back in there if Hodges struggles, at least Rudolph has won games.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well that didn't take long we haven't even given Duck a chance and we are talking about Lynch already.......smh :facepalm: Let's see what Duck has we need a spark and he may have it. I have been a supporter for Mason but I am all on the Duck bandwagon this week. All I care about is beating this worthless garbage team call the Clown........the mistake by the lake!!!!!

[​IMG]

7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yea but don't you think Rudolph is playing like garbage at this time. :shrug:

8. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If Lynch was any good, the Broncos and Seahawks wouldn't have given up on him so soon.

10. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Mason hasn’t been same since concussion. Fans were chanting for Duck in the Miami game until Mason connected on a third and long. He was terrible till then and defense bailed him out after that. He was serviceable in Seattle and San Francisco game. He avoided the rush and threw a completion in the game against the Ravens on the play he got knocked out. After that , he’s been down and part of the reason has been lack of rb or wr talent. Hopefully Duck can take us deep in the playoffs and we can trade away Ben and Mason :)

11. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    No offense, but I couldn't disagree more.

Where did you get the idea that this offense is dependent on the qb to carry the team? One man team? That just isn't the case. Not even close.

We have 3 qb's to choose from. There is no other option. And I can't stand Tomlin, so it's hard to agree with him, but he said he is going with Duck because "Duck didn't kill us." He is looking for, as we all are, a qb to manage the offense and let the other 10 men around him do their job. Even with Ben under center, it was not entirely about Ben. And as far as this year goes, Ben was playing hurt in that first game, against the Pats, in Foxboro. Jesus wouldn't have won that game for us.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You'll need to talk to Glemm about this. Take a number. :lolol:

13. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I'm not even sure how much the concussion had to do with it. Even against SF and Seattle you could see his limitations and knew the league would catch on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelersForLife8810

Oct 24, 2019
    Who is Glemm?

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    It's a running joke around here, It's SteelerGlenn's alter ego who volunteered to fill in at QB last season when BB was injured. We even designed a Steeler Jersey for him but it was a (semi-intentional) misprint and said "GLEMM" on the back. But so far he hasn't shown any more promise than 4th stringer Lynch - so be patient - you'll likely get your turn before season's end. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. SteelersForLife8810

Oct 24, 2019
    Ah LOL

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    And if you are not yet aware of who Glenn is, he sticks his head in the sand, and because he didn't see anything, it didn't happen; and you're an idiot if you think it did!:smiley1:

It's like your senile grandma who isnist's it isn't raining because she just got her hair done. You finally just walk her to the car with an umbrella over her head so she doesn't get sunburned:hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Some advice, don't get caught up in all the tribal feuds going on round here - life's too short, have fun, speak your mind and stay loyal. :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He don’t have time to play QB anyway. He’s too busy posting the same picture and every thread.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Super Glemm

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    That might not all fit on your Slimline Model Authentic NFL Jersey. :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Who?

24. Randy Goodman

Randy Goodman New Member

Nov 28, 2019
    New to the Steelers forum today. Have a question about Joshua Dobbs. Do
    Steelers fans wish he was still in Pittsburgh and how well do you believe he would of done given the opportunity to play ?

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

First off, hello and welcome to TheSteelersFans! A pleasure to have you here! :)

Now, to your question. Do I wish wish Joshua would still be here?! Not really but nothing against him. Randy would ruin Joshua outright as Randy has shown he is more concerned with his system as opposed to finding ways to let his players thrive in a system he SHOULD be able to adjust.

Side note, if you have any draft related questions, me and @SteelCity_NB will be happy to help you! :)