1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you start Sunday 2.0

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by EnglishSteeler, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Duck

64 vote(s)
    95.5%
  2. Rudolph

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Lynch

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    What did Tomlin say after the game? I assume he didn't commit.

2. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    same vote as last time. go duck dodgers of the 21st century!!!!

3. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    They should play Hodges. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Cleveland and its fans seem super motivated to stick it to the Steelers after the Garrett thing. I am not sure why, but it seems like they think that we (Rudolph) are the villains. We might be super motivated too, but all of that may/will lead to unnecessary physicality and potentially headhunting. If Hodges is the QB, I don't think it would be as bad. Plus, Hodges is has a slightly higher chance of performing sufficiently.

4. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Duck isn’t a world beater , but right now he’s clearly good enough to be a decent game manager. Rudolph was not good to start with , now his confidence is shot and it’s probably been the strangest week or so of his life. Putting him right back out there against the browns would be a terrible idea. They’re probably praying mason plays, he tossed 4 bone headed picks last game and now I’m sure the browns players aren’t too fond of him, they think Rudolph is the cause for the whole episode last game .

5. Im4steelers

Im4steelers Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2019
    I think this was Tomlins way to keep mr from playing in the Browns game. If Duck doesn't beat the Browns he will go back to mr.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I voted Duck. Rudolph is clearly not the same player he was earlier in the year. I think it all goes back to the Earl Thomas hit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    especially Pouncey and Villa. Those guys have fallin off a cliff

8. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    They're gonna go with the Duck against the Stains.

9. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I go with Duck the rest of the year. Mason needs a lot more training. He is to slow on his feet, takes to long to get rid of the ball and to many interceptions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I'm saying Steelers beat the Browns w Duck as QB

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You realize that's a longer shot than One Eyed Jack. ;)

12. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Don't forget TE Gentry might be our best QB on the team right now ...lol If Duck faulter, I wanna see what Paxton got ...he's taller than Ben, can run a little, a #1pick who has a decent arm...

13. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey TapOut64

Yeah me too. I have been a big time Mason supporter and on record for "No Musical QBs" but I do not see much difference in either. In regards to Paxon, I would hold off of for right now.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

14. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    QUACK QUACK

Duck has commanded the offense better than MR. Playing musical qb's will only weaken the offense further...if that is possible. Stick with Duck until he falters.

15. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I'd start Hodges. I am not expecting good things really but I am hoping for at least competent if he gets any help. Regardless Rudolph looks rattled and I wouldn't like to see him face the Browns again right now.

16. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    How is this even a question? Mason clearly doesn't have it. I'm not saying he's done. But he's done for this year. He's lost his edge (if he ever had one) going back to the shot he took against Baltimore. He hasn't been the same. He's been tentative, scared, indecisive, inaccurate, and late on reads and throws. I'm not ready to throw him on the trash heap yet. Give him an off-season to get his head straight. But keeping him in there may only do him more harm at this point (not to mention the team).

Duck is our man until he fails. Then try Lynch out. If we get that far, the season is a loss anyway. Well, let's face it, they're really only playing for morale at this point. They can make the playoffs. But does anyone have even a slight hope they even sniff the AFCCG? Make the playoffs, and this season was a bigger success than they could have hoped for given the circumstances, and builds momentum for next year. But even 8-8 is a win in my book.

17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I vote for Rick Strom.

Can't help feeling there is something of the Brister/O'Donnell years in the air - we just need to work out which one of Rudolph and Duck is O'Donnell.

18. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Duck is definitely Bubby. ;) Personality wise anyway.

19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Glory days.

yes, I just made a post about the"Musical QBs". I do not like the concept either. I stated prior to yesterday's game that if Mason did struggle in that game, which he did, and not that Duck did much better, then let us switch up to Duck to see what he has. In fairness to Duck he did get the TD throw which ultimately proved to be the game winner. Other than that, his stat line was about the same as Mason's.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I didn't know they changed the play calling, OL, and wr's when Duck came in . No wonder he was he was able to get more points on the board.

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    My most hated image of Bubby was in a 1989 playoff game against Denver where Bubby lost his mind trying to orchestrate a two minute offense (reminds me of Phillip Rivers every week). I don't see Duck being that excitable!

22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I still think MR has the higher upside but I think @STEELWINDS makes a good point about his emotional state. You really can’t go with MR against Cleveland because that emotion will be even higher. You also can’t have MR looking over his shoulder during the game. It seems desperate times calls for desperate measures and as much as I’d hate to see musical QBs this is what this season has come down too.

Either guy needs more help than they’re getting and hopefully a healthy JUJU and Conner provides some. I give Hodges credit for his throw to JW but at the same time I think they only rushed 3 and he had the cleanest pocket I’ve seen in weeks but hey he pulled the trigger something MR is obviously struggling with. I guess it’s reasonable to play the hot hand on a weekly basis at this point. Gotta find a way to 9-10 wins somehow.

Do we have enough draft capital left to go get Tua? :smiley1:

23. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    they didn’t. Aside from 1 x long TD pass there was virtually no difference between the two when it came to passing. Ducks decisions were quicker however he’s not as good as Mason was before the concussion. I honestly believe Mason hasn’t fully recovered yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Cleveland is full of simple people with simple minds and are simply stupid. They have nothing else there to hang on to except their simple ways. Of course they are going to make a simple game into something they can build up on their way to pathetic. They play in the Factory of Sadness for a reason.

25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Neither of these teams is going to make the postseason. This is the superbowl for both teams. Pretty normal for the stains but not what is expected from the Steelers. Thanks Tomlin for making the steelers the punchline of a joke.