1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMLIN Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Sure thing super fan

I’m not a homer and call it as I see it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m a fan of the Steelers. I’m fine with using the term “We”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    I am not a Tomlin fan at all. He wasted the prime years of Ben, AB, and Bell by working with clueless coordinators on both sides of the ball and consistently blowing winnable games against bad teams that cost them more favorable playoff seedings.

But the man deserves some credit for this season. Hodges and Rudolph are terrible, there are no playmakers on offense and injuries have hit them hard but they are sitting in a playoff spot after Week 12. That is impressive.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree it can go either way. You bring up a good point about MR emotional state for that game. I’m gonna sound like MT but I’d let their work during the week determine the decision.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You might wanna get your eyes checked?

6. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey BURGH43STEL.

I just basically stated the same thing about the 50/50 reps in practice. Best man starts. It is that simple. Neither has lit the world on fire thus has not separated themselves from the "pack".

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    He might have anal glaucoma and can't see their asses making the postseason

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Right now we’re in. Definitely going to be a challenge to stay in that position the way the Offense is playing. Seems like some people here don’t want us to win. Well unless it’s by 100 points and we totally humiliate our opponents.
    We won.

9. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    How can anyone look at our offensive lineup, then look at the final score, and then complain about the coach. We have 0 playmakers right now on offense with Schuster and Conner out. Our Qi position is a mess to the point where the undrafted qb from Samford bailed us out. I can’t believe that is an actual sentence I just wrote.
    To complain about Tomlin today is to literally pic the absolute worst, least deserving day to complain
    As a lawyer one of the first things I learned is not WHAT argument to make, but WHEN to make the argument. The original poster completely missed this lesson. This is a pathetic topic made by a clueless individual who may or may not be beyond hope for leading a normal life.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Then get some glasses, ray charles. This team has lost virtually every impact player on offense due to injury or defection. So, maybe go learn about the game of football before you watch another game. Sitting on potato chips on your couch calling people an embarrassment is as ironic as it gets.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Oddly my daughter asked me today if Mikah could play offense lol

12. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Your daughter should be coaching.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Love Tomlin the man. Do not like Tomlin the Coach.

That said, I really don't like our coordinators and we had skill position players today I couldn't even name at kick off. That and a backup center snapping to the guy who was the 4th QB in camp. DJ is a player. Wash is figuring it out. Samules has some uses. Snell goes for almost 100. Sure, we only beat Cincy, Miami, and the Skins today but that's all we needed and I'll take it. It's not like we haven't lost games we should have won this year.

This season is not going to end with #7 but credit where credit is due.

14. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Mike Tomlin has no business being anywhere near an NFL team but 3 coaches in 50 years...at least we got that going for us.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Says the guy who predicted the Bengals were getting their first win today. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    The Bengals came way closer than they should have to getting their first win. Tomlin has underperformed for years. The guy is counterfeit. Pains me to say that but it’s become obvious.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The Steelers offense is a average offense when healthy. James Conner and Juju Smith did not play today. And people are surprised that the offense struggled? Lmao. And Mason Randolph needed to sit. Coming into the Browns game a week ago, Mason had 11 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. After this game, he has 12 touchdowns to 9 interceptions. It was time for Devlin Hodge to come into the game. And once again people are bashing Mike Tomlin after a win? The Steelers have won 5 out of their last 6 games. And the defense has been great in those last 6 games. If people are going to bash Mike Tomlin for the offense looking like crap. Give him credit when the defense is looking great.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    These so called fans are clowns, even when the team wins, they have to find something to ***** about :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They could've scored more points at the end if they wanted to :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think some are more worried about being right in their doomsday predictions than what's best for the team.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers miss Ben, Rudolph sucks

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yep, sitting around waiting for Tomlin to have his first losing season, so they can say I told you so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    So a lot of Steelers fans :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelerNole.

Yes, again we leave Red-Zone points out there which has been a problem even when Ben is in. This is totally unacceptable. Has been and continues to be. The game should not have been this close....again. I have to place this more on the coaching staff than the players, who definitely do not get a pass.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Yep but alot of fans dont make millons of $$$$$$$ doing a job they have no business doing :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1