1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs Bengals game day

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Nov 24, 2019.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    343 days since the Bengals last win. Ouch.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Not just an ugly win, least satisfying win I can remember.

We struggled to beat the worst team in all the NFL.

Mason regression in full swing. Made very bad decisions with the ball forcing passes and got sat down.

Defense dropping picks, but did get a key turnover that may have saved the game (strip in Steeler territory and Minkah return for yardage).

Only positive is we have a 3rd string QB who looks like he can play and we are going to give him his shot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Surprise...What a game plan and adjustments from our great coaching staff. Garbage in...garbage out. Same old same old brother.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Can’t live in your fears.

5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yep, pretty damn depressing. The only thing I'll add is that I consider Duck 4th string because Dobbs was #3 before he got traded. Duck wasn't even on the roster.

6. MackDog21

MackDog21 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Myself, I sit both of them down either separate or together doesn't really matter, but tell Mason as a man "Hey, we are gonna let you throw a few times on our first possession, if we don't get something going, were gonna give Duck a series or two, alright? Sometimes change sparks an offense and we need this win." And then tell Duck to be ready on the sideline, warming up his arm and taking some snaps. Biiiiigggg wtf at not telling at least Duck to be warmed up and ready, and imo, you tell Mason too so he doesn't get butthurt at all of a sudden getting pulled. We know how important ego and confidence can be to QB's, so telling him man to man you might pull him, he will understand. If you just SURPRISE your pulled (unless he comes out and throws the dooziest of doozy picks or something on his first pass of the 2nd half). But for god sake, at least let Duck know so he can be proper warmed up right out of halftime. Unless the strategy was keep Duck calm and chilling on the sideline so he can't get worked up and be nervous. But damn

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Gotta give it to Duck though. He now has two wins under his belt! Here is hoping he is the starter come Cleveland at home next week.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with regard to the defense, but our offense is basically practice squad rejects and rookies right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Tomlin saying in post game presser not to read too much into going to Hodges in the second half. Yeah, uh, well what are we supposed to read into not getting him in the game sooner? I don not dislike Tomlin, but his condescending BS gets old sometimes.

10. MackDog21

Mar 12, 2017
    This offseason, one of my top moves is signing an actual vet WR to add to the young guys, not just taking a flyer on a Moncrief type.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Duck Tape!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Doesn't he seem more comfortable in interviews as well?

Rudolph just seems like he's constantly looking for the right answer you want to hear.

13. MackDog21

Mar 12, 2017
    Yes exactly. I know when I was younger, one of my best friends was big dude, and his family was famous for 2 older brother QB's. He was 6'1" by age 14, but didn't grow any taller, just a bit bigger, he was around 200-210 lbs. As a sophomore and junior they tried him at QB, and he basically just didn't have "it" and never got better, Senior year he played tight end and defensive end, and had a good year! We won 5 games and lost our playoff game, which was a huge improvement over the 2 years before. Most of it was due to the QB switch to a natural cool dude bro who was only about 5'10" but was much more athletic and almost as strong as arm anyways. It wasn't only his ability to run and throw and escape in the pocket, it was his "coolness" and it rallied the team around him much more than my other buddy. It really seems similar to situation Steelers have now.

I posted in the other topic that Duck should get the nod and for everyone to watch his post game presser when they can, since it had only just ended live. He is chillin haha

14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Don't even try to accuse me of being right. I thought Tomlin should stick with his starter in the 3rd quarter of a one score game. If you're willing to switch in that situation, he shouldn't have been your starter (imo).

15. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Meh.

I'm OK with that. Telling either Duck or MR beforehand is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh I wasn’t talking about you. I was talking to the people going around tooting and trumpeting it.

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Neither QB looks very good right now, but one is undefeated.;+)

18. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    I don’t see how anyone can be dissatisfied with this win. They have their third string QB out there playing with street free agents and they won the game. That is pretty damn impressive, regardless of the opponent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    True

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    A busted clock is right twice a day.

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wouldn't go that far. Rudolph made it impossible to leave him in. He may have actually been worse than last week. His play forced Tomlin into making the switch.

22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I get your point, but I give Tomlin credit for seeing what was going on and making the change. Rudolph's interception was a terrible decision. His last incomplete pass, he had time to step up and make a throw to Johnson, who was open, and didn't even come close. Starting Rudolph again made some sense, but they had to make a move at that point.

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I can't argue with the end result. That was the first time i've ever seen that though, pulling the healthy starting QB down by 4 pts early in the 3rd quarter.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The first win against the Bengals earlier this season

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Why would you expect a 42-3 game, with the Steelers inept offense?