1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Garrett desperately and falsely accuses Rudolph of using a racial slur!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steeler dane, Nov 21, 2019.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Keep in mind that the NFL already has paddled its way through some seriously horrible proverbial murky water before. As I said in big boss' thread about Myles, the NFL was made a fool of once via Vontez Burfict. They will not do so with Myles.

This latest accusation will now be used against him when he meets Roger Goodell again. Keep in mind that Roger himself can be COLOSSALLY petty at his beckon call. Does Myles REALLY believe that Roger is going to let this act that is Defamation of Character against one of Roger's own employees, in a time in which the NFL already has ENOUGH silliness to deal with, slide into nothingness?!?!

Myles played himself... BIG TIME. Like I said in another thread, who knows HOW LONG it will be?!?! Only way of Myles "winning" is taking the league to a U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. This would be foolhardy now because Mason's Sports Agent and whomever his agent calls up as lawyers can now hit Myles with Defamation of Character.

Like @uncblue012 stated, what a DUMBASS!! :taunt:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    You didn't see James Jones, Willie McGinest..Even Ryan Clark after the game...They ALL said MASON had to say something ( they were referencing a racial slur ) Do you think you'll hear any retractions,or apologies from them...Ya, Me either... More or less call a player a racist...And you don't have to face any repurcusions from your employer whatsoever

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That’s my point. Flip the script. After all isn’t there more evidence of MG cheap shottiing white QBs than MR using a racial slur. Yes there is...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I'm curious to see tonight/ tomorrow the talking heads, sports talk shows...If ANY of them have the balls to say " I'm sorry, I was wrong " My guess is no... They'll stick to the narrative they said after the game...He HAD to have said something, Myles is SUCH a great guy ( other than the weekly dirty hits ) to ever do this unprovoked lol

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This is such BS if Garrett is lying then the NFL needs to throw the book at him. Racism is no joking matter and if people are gonna lie about it then they need to be dealt with. I am not trying to make this into a race thing but this really hurts the people that are truly being discriminated.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Refer to my post.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    What happened is he got desperate and threw some bs lie out there hoping for a sympathy cop out. Punk ass *****.

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I won't absolve Myles Garrett of his role in this but I think he got some terrible advice and unfortunately went along with it.

9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I won't absolve Roger Goodell's legendary pettiness either when this finds its way into Myles' reinstatement proceedings come 2020 either. Myles played himself. Moreover to the point; Roger has indirectly helped the team he despises most in this legendary quote;

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Who knew the Steelers most powerful resource would come handy within the very man that detests the franchise he indirectly wants to see belly up?!?! :lolol:

10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    But of course he did. This is news because ....?

11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Roll the tape. Whoever is lying is banned from the NFL for life. I'm cool with it :shrug:

12. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Rudolph is right...Garrett is a f***in coward!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Now it comes out that Garrett thought none of this would be public. So he likely figured he’d swing for the fences because he had nothing to lose.

Turns out it is public though and he’s likely opened himself to a defamation suit. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get an official apology soon.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Prior to his appeal hearing Goodell publicly said the key to Garrett’s reinstatement would be based on his showing remorse.

15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Now Garrett is doubling down on his statement... Lame!

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Obviously its bs and pretty low thing for Garrett to do just to try and lessen his suspension.

I hope the NFL adds more to it now, I'm sure they know the truth.

As Steelcity_NB said though, this will follow Mason around forever, the uneducated and ignorant will swallow this up.

Really hope Mason gets it together and turns his season around, not just from a football standpoint but for him personally, he's a good kid and having a really rough season.

17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:facepalm:

If he knew what he heard, why have statements that indirectly contradict his stance?! That is not the issue though. He just questioned the NFL's integrity!

Oh boy..... Roger Goodell is going to have quite the fun time when the reinstatement process begins for sure!! Too much ammo!!

18. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I don’t know who is advising this kid but he, or she, needs to be fired.

Whether this happened, or not, it was never going to help his case. His only hope was to fully accept the punishment and maybe ask for some kinda leniency.

I’m sure with all the mics and cameras on the field the league picked up something. If not, there was an official a couple feet away from the incident and I’m pretty sure Mason yelled whatever he said.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Well... Garrett just spit in Goodell's face... twice. Truly unreal. Roger is going to have a bit of an axe to grind when he and Garrett meet again for Garrett's reinstatement.

20. Bama Steel

Bama Steel Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Why not? It works everywhere else in this country. Lying thugs are gonna take this nation down.

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

The ignorant and/or arrogant claim that the audio tapes from that game need to be released. For that matter, they hope Mason does press charges for Defamation of Character. Truly unreal!

22. SteelersFanCanada

Nov 14, 2019
    In this day and age any audio or video proof would likely be leaked to the media by an “anonymous source”.

Either way, I don’t think information needs to be leaked, but if there is contradictory evidence to the accusation than Mason Rudolph deserves to have that released.

23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed. I would rather put this story to end and move on. Sheesh....

24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    ? Layman's terms please

25. SteelersFanCanada

Nov 14, 2019
    Same. It’s like a bad hangover.. just when you think it’s over, something else happens.

It’s bad enough we lost to the Browns.