1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers playoff hopes rest on winning these next 2 games...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Beginning to look like no Conner, no Juju and no Johnson, which will make for a really, really ugly game to watch.

2. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I don’t think the playoffs are in the cards. I think we've grown leaps and bounds on defense this year. Injuries are not going to allow us to go very far this season. We need to focus on keeping the defense together and make some off season repairs on offense. LT, TE, WR are a need. We have to find a solid RB that can stay healthy. I do think we will end with a winning record and play till the end but I don’t see the Ravens being stopped.

3. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm thinking a QB gets hot and we go to the SB.

And Myles will be playing next year after he shows remorse to the dictator.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah, IF we win the next two games we will be barely breathing.

5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hahahahahahaha!
    We are hoping to beat Browns and Bengals.

It’s sad what’s happened to this team.

6. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Can't hide weaknesses in the NFL. Especially when it comes to the QB position. The players on offense simply need to perform better.

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I look at it as a rebirth with a focus on defense. They do need a RB & TE though. Maybe a QB too.

8. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Looking like this thread has aged quite well the last two in a half weeks. I knew if the Steelers won these last two weeks against the Bengals and Browns and got to 7-5 their playoff chances would improve greatly.

9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Major threat is Titans (other than ourselves losing to beatable teams). Titans got three tough games left where we got two.

10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Titans and Texans

11. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Texans are gonna win their division in the South so I wouldn’t worry too much about them. The Titans however are the team to now keep an eye on. They are currently 7-5 like the Steelers with a 5-4 Conference record and they have games left at Oakland, home to Houston and New Orleans and at Houston the final week. That’s pretty tough so I don’t see them doing any better then 9-7 on that schedule so the Steelers if they go 9-7 like I’ve been saying they should be able to do they should be able to win head to head tiebreakers over teams like Tennessee, Oakland, and Indy if they finish 9-7 based on conference record or common opponents tiebreakers. So things are looking good and if they win these next 2 games at Arizona and Buffalo at home and get to 9 wins they should almost have a playoff spot locked down.

12. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Agree with everything except the JUJU comment. I think he has what it takes, just hasn't had a chance to play with a QB that will throw it up for him this year. Hopefully he gets healthy this week and Duck can throw some up for him.

13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Yeah the Titans are now our top competition for the last playoff spot. The Colts and Raiders have taken a step backwards and we killed the Browns playoff hopes. It would be great if the Texans sweep the Titans and they also lose to the Saints.

14. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea the Titans and Raiders game will be very important to the Steelers. I’m rooting for the Titans actually to win and put the Raiders at 6-7 and pretty much knock them out. The Titans would be 8-5 but their last 3 games are 2 games with Houston and a game with the Saints. I don’t think they do any better then 1-2 in those 3 games which would put them at 9-7. And looking at things right now if the Steelers win the next 2 games with Arizona and Buffalo the Titans can’t win a tiebreaker over the Steelers if both finish at 9-7, and even if Oakland and Indy both won out both won’t be any better then 9-7 and won’t win tiebreakers over the Steelers. So if the Steelers win these next 2 games and get to 9-5 it’s almost a certainty that they will get in even if they somehow lose the last 2 games to the Jets and Baltimore.

15. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The age-old mantra is to win the games you're supposed to win and split the rest. The Cardinals and Jets are games we should (and must) win. Buffalo would be the statement game to show that this group can compete. That game should tell us what we really need to know about ourselves. And anything, ANYTHING, can happen when we play the ratbirds. A trending team ends up 10-6 and is ready for the playoffs (can't believe I'm saying that about this team). A stagnant team ends up 9-7 and limps in to the playoffs and goes out with a whimper. An identity-challenged team misses the playoffs.

16. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    That last game of the Season may not be as hard as it looks for Pittsburgh.

Would Baltimore play their starters in Week 17th if they had already locked up the #1 or #2 seed?

Why have Lamar face a blitzing Steeler's defense in a meaningless game?

17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    They would if winning likely gets them the 1 seed, and losing likely gets them the 2 seed. Both the Ravens and Pats play at 1 PM, so there’s a pretty good chance that the 1 seed will be in play at the start of the day.

18. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Here are the NFL playoff predictor percentages for the AFC's 2 wild cards.
    Bills 98%
    Steelers 54%
    Titans 28%
    Raiders 21%
    Colts 6%
    Browns 6%