1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The future for Mason Rudolph?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You have to give the guy credit for standing in the pocket after getting his brain scrambled, he still has his good looks (his head hasn't come off yet), and there could be book royalties?

Those close to him should be advising him to file "Attempted Murder" charges against Garrett since his NFL career is not going to pay many bills.

He would be famous for decades after his NFL career is over next year and he would be rich! It could also be the catalyst for the NFL being brought back in line?

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    First off, there will be no charges as Mason was not hurt. Had he been hurt by that blow to the head?! Nevermind Myles but the NFL would be in water hotter than a Super Nova.

Two and, most importantly, yes, Mason played abysmal. That is something without question. That said, it is a great teaching moment for him and I hope he comes back stronger.

Remember, it has never been about how bad the QB performs in a loss. It has always been about how the QB can bonuce back the next outing. Will Mason be able to?!

Time to find out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Nothing against the guy but he doesn't have to wear shades cause his future is not bright.

Not sure how many great QB's will be available in the draft but maybe we can grab one in the second round????

Maybe Mason, given time, will surprise us.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Injury is not required for "attempted murder" charges to be filed or proven. But yes, I suspect MR's mentality will be a little tougher after this and God knows he needs a spark.

For his sake, I hope it works to his advantage.......in his future life of insurance sales:smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Even if Mason flied those, his case would likely not hold up in court. As I said before, there has to be some form of bodily harm for his lawyers to use against Myles in a court of law to swing the case in Mason's favor. Sadly there is not.

As such, Mason did not press charges. That was a case that was not winnable despite the optics.

6. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Unless you’re on this board. His future is a backup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I'm not a lawyer but are you saying that if you don't hurt someone you cannot be charged with attempted murder? For instance, if someone takes a shot at someone and misses, I guess its ok because he didn't hurt his target? Really, I didn't know that.

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Mason is the first player with a helmet that i have seen both
    Without his faceguard on
    & being hit with it

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    8 games in and already he will be out of the league selling insurance. Might as well take the offensive and I mean offensive line with you. Start a company. What happens if Ben can't cut it? What if Ben decides he wants to do Naked and Afraid and retires? 8 games!

Maybe we should give him the 5 year window afforded to Dupree.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Again, optics. Yes the football helmet in this case can be classified as a weapon. Here in lies the issue... an unusual one at that. By the law, every hit on the field could be classified as assault.

Does not make sense I know. There is a better source though to explain this. More info. can be found below;

Link!

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The article clearly states the circumstances of the injury needs to be “ reasonably foreseeable “ which being struck by someone swinging a helmet isn’t reasonable in my book.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Obscurity and alcoholism.

13. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Good lord. Do yinz not realize the difference between civil and criminal court?

An individual can sue in civil court, meaning they're a plaintiff, but there has to be damages. without damages there's no suit.

Things like attempted murder are criminal cases. Rudolph could file a criminal complaint but that doesn't mean a prosecutor has to pursue it, much less a trial happening. There's no plaintiff in a criminal case, there's the prosecution and the defendent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I was never suggesting that could get rich by "winning" such a case but from the book royalties as the guy who brought light to the corruption and collusion in the NFL:smiley1:

15. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    He looks like the type that would never touch the stuff. Yet another reason why I can't stand him.

16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    i had a dream Mason bounced back and played great the rest of the season. probably means nothing lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The O'Line, no rbs, bad receivers, bad coaching staff, Ben not being his buddy, defense failing to create enough turnovers for him, he is doomed.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We have one first round pick on this offense right now, so let's throw this kid to the curb because he is not the league MVP. Your mom's callin, it's time for lunch.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So using our coordinators conversion table it looks like we’re gonna need 7 years of 1st round picks to be a good offense.

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know but our coOs don't do a lot of drafting.:cool:

21. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    He has to have a short leash against the Bengals. If we are losing at halftime and he has been ineffective, than Hodges should start the 3rd quarter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The one thing we saw against the browns that we hadn't seen from him previously, is fire. Maybe a pissed off MR will put some heat on his passes. Maybe a pissed off MR will find another level of focus and dial in his receivers.

That fire, that will to fight back, is what I have wanted to see from him from the beginning. I've wanted to see a killer instinct. Let's see if he looks different Sunday. If he's the same qb we've seen so far, he sits. Duck can't do worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Me too but I don't think being pissed off is going to make him step into his throws, look downfield before he looks to the sidelines, and lead his receivers.:smiley1:

24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    If you just look at simple logic, Hodges should start the game. We have seen what MR can do, let's see which one gives us a better chance to sniff the playoffs.

25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Probably what triggered that dream was Booger McFarland continuously using the term "Hall of Famer Phillip Rivers" during the MNF game all the while he was mirroring MR's TNF four INT performance. (OK, one was playing essentially at sea level while the other was joining the 1.5 Mile High Club but same outcome!) :hmm: