1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Garrett Suspended Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Myles will be back next season. When I don't know but he isn't being banished for life for this.

Now if he hurt Rudolph, I could have seen him gone for good but I think just sending him home for the year will send the message to others to never do that again.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That and the NFL doesn't give a flying **** about injury. They love the fact that today's players are roided up killing machines and Myles is one of the best, he makes the NFL a lot of money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    He could also cause the total collapse of the NFL too though...

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The NFL will likely be relatively quiet about this as talk about it makes the NFL look bad. MR should file "attempted murder" charges and live off the book royalties since his NFL career is over.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Mason also getting fined

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Myles is essentially on a colossal tight leash; a choker if you will. The League will likely induce more severe punishment for Myles from here on out. That said, while he will be back next season, is he going to begin the season on the field or suspended?!

Time will tell.

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:shrug:

Oh well.

9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Pretty much so. Garrett will be back but we don't exactly know when just yet. What me and you both know though is thiss pockets of his will become more shallow should he continue....

.... which is something I can very easily see him doing. Keep in mind he has had on field conduct issues dating back to his rookie season. As Booger McFarland said about Vontez;

"The first time it is an accident. The second time it is coincidence. The third time it is a pattern."

Myles likely fits this to the tee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    About 1% of the population are psychopaths. That means on average there are 17 in the NFL. For some reason, I expect it’s more than that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, but I think Pouncey went from “protection mode” to “I’m gonna %-#$ing kill you!” mode, and that’s why he got such a stiff suspension.

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He held back on the kick imo.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The NFL let Burfict go long past when he should have been gone.

Garrett will be back next season, possibly by Week 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

You are correct. They did let Burfict run wild. The end result was a player who is unwilling to change.

To send a message, the NFL has to send a message. They don't want another Vontez. As the saying goes;

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

15. BeaverBoy

BeaverBoy Member

Jan 21, 2019

16. BeaverBoy

BeaverBoy Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I believe that the problem is drugs in the Nfl. We all know that they are rampant in the league.

Cleveland was clearly juiced.

On any team defensive linemen are the heaviest users.

Enter Myles Garrett. He just took too much.

Throughout the game he was playing way above form with fierce bull rushes. Short week—wouldn’t you look for some help?

Compare Mayfield and Mason. Different ability or different drugs? Just look at the different energy levels in a big game on a short week.

Rudy better look in the back of his medicine chest if he wants a future. Give some to his linemen too.

welcome to the nfl

BTW SARMS are virtually undetectable.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They sat him for six games and possibly a few more. That's a message.

18. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    There are stories out there that he may have found some loophole in the CBA about being suspended indefinitely. If the NFL lets him come back this year in an appeal, they deserve all the bad PR they will get from it.

19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I hope you're right! The message needs to be sent. Maybe our opinion of Garrett had been effected by the fact that he looks and speaks like a professional whereas Burfict looks and speaks like a thug. But when you look at Garrett's record for fines this year there is a different story.

I hope you are right!

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

There in lies the issue. How much is a few more?! No one knows exactly at this point.

Wednesday will give us better clarity.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Are you hoping for transparency, clarity and consistency from the NFL on such matters? You will likely be disappointed.

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Not really. Hoping for anything like that from Roger Goodell is like wishing for a 2018 Acura NSX to be given to me from Acura themselevs. That said and, I repeat, Wednesday should give us a better clue.

... Not saying that appeal tomorrow will be anything monumental barring Myles attempting to take his case to the U.S. Circut Court of Appeals if he fails but who knows?! Perhaps Roger will take the NFL Centennial seriously?!

23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Even if he did, Roger can override that anyhow. Not saying it would be right since he wrote the rule but the NFL PA does not stand with their players anyway. Finding a loophole is only part of the equation here.

Working together to exploit that loophole is the key to the solution.

24. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No no no no no....Burfdick has been all over social media after the Garrett incident saying..."They're gonna do him like they did me " In short he was basically saying he did nothing wrong ( just like Garrett ) But Godell made him pay lol

25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Tight lease is right...I remember watching Harrison get flags, and on plays he didn't even get flags, He still got fined afterwards on plays that to me " basically looked like he just hit the guy to hard " Harrison bad mouthed GODell and paid the price, We shall see if Garrett suffers the same fate ( hopefully ) !