1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone I talk to says Mason is at fault?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm not in Steeler Country.

Everyone is saying Mason is at fault and that he should fined/suspended as well?

Am I crazy?

2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Let me guess, they also believe Kaep would be a pro bowl QB if still in the league?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Stop talking to the mentally challenged then:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Mason wasn't blameless during the incident.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You have to understand that our media's responsibility (in their minds) is to create or inflame a story regardless of fact. A media person or outlet can get themselves a lot of run by hammering something that is otherwise nothing, but, a by-product of a news worthy incident.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    But lost in that discussion is "why did MR have the reaction he did" "because he was being wrestled to the ground 3 seconds after the ball was released on a play that was absolutely meaningless"

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The biggest thing I hear people say is that once the helmet was off, Rudolph shouldn't have charged over to where Pouncy and Garret were, and that it's his own fault for going over there without a helmet on.

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Once he got off the ground he should have went to the sideline instead of keeping the situation inflamed by trying to continue the fight, thats why he is going to get fined.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I didn't say it was Mason's fault.

I'm just saying Mason wasn't blameless. He exacerbated the situation by going after Garrett.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I gave my opinion in another thread. I got bashed for it. IMHO, in the entire history of the Steeler franchise, some Steeler fans think none of our players have EVER done anything wrong. Carry on.

11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I wasn't challenging you.

I don't blame MR for being pissed in the situation, Garrett had no reason to wrestle him to the ground, it was a chicken **** move and MR took exception.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    And you care about what they say because........?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    They were all at fault

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, of course he was at fault! If you have your helmet ripped off, you should automatically assume that the guy who ripped it off is going to try to KILL you with it on National TV! Not being sarcastic toward you, but rather vs. those people saying that... That’s a crazy take...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Browns are a trash bag organization blitzing up 14 with 8 seconds left. Note - none of this happens if they took their win with class.

MG hit Rudolph late.

Rudolph was frustrated and started a scrum.

Rudolph deserves some blame for the scrum.

Scrums happen in every game. Punches are thrown in almost every game. Using a helmet as a weapon is the unprecedented action in all of this.

There's an underlying theme in the people who believe starting a scrum = you deserve to get assaulted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’ll say it again he wasn’t going after MG he was going to grab his helmet back. I’ve seen it in other instances though very rarely. A player’s helmet means something to them more than just being a helmet. Using the word “attacked” is a little strong don’t you think? But hey whatever to try and justify someone acting like a lunatic. I doubt in MR wildest dreams he thought he would be struck by a helmet especially his own.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Technically yeah, he carry’s some blame but you’d have to be a wet noodle to think he was wrong for his reaction.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    But mainly, it was San Andreas's Fault. (I know, I can see it from my front porch - but I have to be on a very tall ladder to see Alaska ;)).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're not crazy (that I know of). I've heard it a lot around the tube on non-sports related talk shows from people who have no skin in the game for either team. One even stated that MR's biggest mistake was showing up for work that day. Hard to argue that point. :facepalm:

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Low point for me was trying to watch a bit of pregame on Fox yesterday and 1st it was Strahan saying he had hit guys with their helmet in camp and preseason before. Yes Jason because getting clubbed in the head is the same as you getting mad and chucking a guys helmet. Next it was Jay Glazer making out like Garrett was the victim and every one needed to hear his side and that he is remorseful. Bull**** he wasn't remorseful after he did it and kept it up until the idea of not playing again started to enter his head. That's not true remorse that is business smarts.

On topic yes Mason deserves blame for his role in this. It doesn't absolve Garrett from losing his stuff and trying to club a person with a helmet.

Edit: This is why you should not type messages when you're mad or on a short lunch break. I have no idea why I called Michael Strahan, Jason. Maybe it's all the fast and furious commercials I'm seeing. Anywho let's continue and pretend that this didn't happen.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I would be willing to bet the NFL is "advising" these guys to play this down because of how it exposes the NFL as a garbage product and as employers of thugs.

• Like Like x 1
  22. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree, I'm just saying that's what I'm hearing people say. Rudolph said he was plain and simple not going to back down to a bully, and I would do the same thing.

23. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    I thought he might get a game. He did kind of start it, although nothing he did warranted the helmet swing.

I'm not sure any Steelers fan would be really too upset if he did get a suspension.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm fine with Mason getting a game. If that means MG definitely misses the rest of this season and 4-5 games next year. It hasn't even been a week and they are already trying to weasel him back in. He's a nice guy. He was provoked. Blah blah. That's why I don't like "indefinitely" They can let the smoke clear and reinstate him. Need to at least be 10 games. Watch it only be 6 and not carry into next year.

25. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm sorry, but it is laughable if he even gets fined...

• Agree Agree x 1