1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason era should be over

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ahhh. I don’t mind. I like to get in and out at the grocery store. Actually I think Oregon made it ok now but NJ has that law. I guess I’ve broken the law a few times after all. I don’t always wait for them when they have a bunch if cars.

• Like Like x 1
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You can pump your own in some areas in OR. now. I kind of liked the law. We have family in southern OR and, if not for "make work" laws like this , some of those people would be panhandling in the Walmart parking lot. Or cooking meth!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You're basing not even two quarters of play while coming off the bench to a guy that has played 7 games as the starter and trying to pass that off as apples to apples? No.

I didn't make any comparison between Dobbs and Mason, only that Mason played better against non starters in the preseason when he won the job. I feel Dobbs would be doing better based on his athleticism, not anything based on preseason.

Obviously I think they made a mistake in trading Dobbs and given how Rudolph is playing, I was right. They were in a tough spot though because they left themselves thin at TE. Not sure how you know they were happy to trade him :bscow:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Dobbs played against starters, too.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They agreed to the trade, so they must have thought it was worth taking. The evidence is on my side there.

You absolutely compared the two. You insisted Dobbs would be doing better even though when they were in an even competition this preseason, Rudolph beat Dobbs out and it wasn't even close.

You brought up Dobbs not being as inaccurate as Rudolph. That is absolutely comparing the two. Unless you are basing that on two quarters against the Raiders, in which Dobbs sucked, you were comparing preseason Dobbs to regular season Rudolph. To use your type of terminology, that is :bscow:.

It is not clear at all that they made a mistake in trading Dobbs. Rudolph beat him out. They didn't have to trade Dobbs to address the tight end spot. If they thought Dobbs had any chance of being their long-term quarterback, he would still be a Steeler.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Before we spiral into foolishness again, here is the post I quoted.

The first statement does not fit the facts. It suggests that Rudolph didn't earn the No. 2 job this preseason, which is clearly false. Rudolph beat Dobbs out for the second-string job in the preseason.

The second statement has no basis in fact. We haven't seen much of Dobbs in regular-season games and what we did see was a terrible performance in a loss.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Here is the part where you compared the accuracy of Rudolph and Dobbs. The only way you could possibly make this claim is to compare preseason Dobbs to regular-season Rudolph, which is :bscow:.

When you look at both this preseason, Rudolph was clearly more accurate. It is tougher to keep that up in the regular season. I assume we agree on that much.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    For someone that cry's about being misrepresented and dishonesty all the time, you sure do your share of it.

You're not worth my time, Scribe. You have a sickness that doesn't allow you to pass by post you disagree with even know you debated them 9 million times on it already. Know how many times I pass by your posts that we already debated and feel you are wrong on? Lots. You should try it. Bye :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please tell me what I misrepresented in your post. The simple truth is I did no such thing. If you wish to drop out of the discussion at this point, you are welcome to do so, but you haven't backed up your claims here at all.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats an interesting spin.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There is no spin to it. You compared the accuracy of the two quarterbacks. You claimed that Dobbs wasn't as inaccurate as Rudolph. During this preseason, Rudolph was more accurate than Dobbs. When did we see this version of Dobbs who is more accurate than Rudolph in the regular season?

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Scribe is trying to misrepresent my position and twist a simple statement about Rudolph playing better in preseason against non starters into the rest of the drivel he has been posting. Some serious wagging the dog going on there.

Rudolphs accuracy has been woeful, I don't recall anything quite that bad by Dobbs and feel he would do better. Thats it. Full stop.

Now Scribe will come back with more :bscow: and spin while trying to drum up a fight because he gets a little woody from arguing.

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    upload_2019-11-18_15-9-44.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please note that I'm not the one making this personal. You are. I'm discussing the topic while you are taking shots at me.

There is nothing dishonest in my posts. Both Rudolph and Dobbs played against starters and scrubs in the preseason.

You claimed in a post that Dobbs has not been as inaccurate as Rudolph, then you said you hadn't compared the two. That was a comparison of the two, one that is unfair and inaccurate because most of what we've seen from Dobbs was in the preseason while we are seeing Rudolph in regular-season games. Is it not easier to be accurate in the preseason?

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Naa, you're twisting my words around and looking for a fight. You're good at the victim thing.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Didn't Mason?

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't believe so. He was coming in after Dobbs left.

Maybe he played some snaps with them but mostly the starters don't play very long and think he was getting the 2nd and 3rd stringers.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You claimed that I have a disease. You said I wasn't worth debating with. You made a comment about what gives me a woody. You falsely claimed that I twisted your words. Yet I'm the one looking for a fight? If you say so. :rolleyes:

For the second time, I will ask you what words of yours I misrepresented. The only thing I can figure is that you posted that you don't remember Dobbs being as inaccurate as what we are seeing from Rudolph. To me, that is a comparison of the two, one that seems to compare Dobbs in the preseason to Rudolph in the regular season. Perhaps you don't think it is fair to characterize what you wrote as a comparison?

Also, both Rudolph and Dobbs started and came off the bench during the preseason. Rudolph started the second preseason game. Because it was preseason, both got much of their work in against second and third-string opposition.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Your interpretation skills suck or maybe this is just you purposely misrepresenting me again. There's more than one way to start fights with people. You like to paint the corners and needle people and clearly misrepresent them.

You don't get to assign meaning to my words in a way which I didn't intend.

You're not and I've given you too much attention as it is. I know you see red when Dobbs name is mentioned, he represents the biggest beat down you ever received on a message board.

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Dobbs started week 1 & 4, MR started the 2nd weeks and Ben started the 3rd week....which MR came in. No starters play week 4 so I will say MR played vs just as many starters as Dobbs if not more. Also I will say that mean Dobbs played vs more baggage boys than Dobbs.........Either way don't really matter much since Dobbs is gone and MR is here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Able to play for the Steelers at QB??????? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::roflmao:

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry, more of a defensive guy. Not much of a arm anymore ,shoulder is shot. Got real good hands though...

• Like Like x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Maybe you can just hand it off............nevermind :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn’t matter accept that Rudolph saw very little work against starters and was forced into the starting roll before he was ready. His play is clearly backing that up.

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    People are acting as if Mason Rudolph has transformed into Nathan Peterman. Not even close. For that matter, I took the liberty of looking up some NFL Games on QBs that have thrown 4 or more INTs with far more starting experience. The most notable ones are down below;

Brett Farve: 6 INTs against the then St. Louis Rams in 2002.

Peyton Manning: 6 INTs against the then San Diego Chargers in 2007.

Drew Brees: 5 INTs against the Atlanta Falcons in 2012. Mind you this is the season after the Saints Offensive record setting 2011 season.

Russel Wilson: 5 INTs against Green Bay in 2016.

Kurt Warner: 5 INT games twice in his career. Once against Seattle in 2007 and another against Carolina in 2009.

Most notably of course;

Tom Brady: 4 INTs against the Buffalo Bills in 2011.

Again, I am by no means dismissing Mason's performance. It was not very good. That however, is not the point of emphasis from those aforementioned QBs. The main point is that even the great ones have bad games. It happens. Some like Kurt Warner have it happen to them more than once.

Never mind the greats though. Be happy Mason did not perform his best Nathan Peterman impression. Nathan threw 5 INTs in one half!! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.