1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason might sue

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelersForLife8810, Nov 15, 2019.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  2. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    You have no idea how hard it is for me to respond to this nonsense with out throwing insults due to the complete ridiculousness of your argument.

Do you understand what the word "starting" means? Mason threw the ball, it was well out of hands when this clown hit him late (15 yard penalty - roughing the QB) then proceeded to attempt a body slam after not letting go (15 yard unsportsmanlike) . That my friend is what you call "starting" the fight. You trying to blow that off like it was just some trash talking or something is just crap.

Mason had every right to try and get him off of him while in a defenseless position on his back . So yea it started when the loser Brown player went after Mason... nice try . You think Garrett was just an innocent by standard that just got attacked by Mason? lol Pretty sure if someone was dragging me around by my head attempting to rip my head off while I can't do anything to defend my self... I might actually have a word or two to say after the helmet came off my head. Which by the way was what Mason did..he was yelling at him with Pouncey trying to get the guy off his QB. (who also btw is way smaller , a total mismatch, a total thug move to attack a QB )

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    When someone attacks you - you have a right to defend your self. Which is what Mason was doing when getting pounded into the ground by this loser. Saying Mason's attempt to defend him self makes him responsible for getting clocked in the head by his own helmet is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Don’t get yourself worked up over a couple of thick headed posts. It’s not worth arguing over. Maybe someday they’ll find themselves in a unfortunate predicament ,then we’ll see how they feel.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Thank you, Perry Mason!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Obviously

- MT

• Like Like x 2
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    not sure what tread, but read some saying MR should charges. You are quite correct, all MR could do is file a police report or criminal complaint. It would then be up to the DA to consider if the actions rose to a level of a criminal act..and then decide is the case was worth prosecuting. Given it was in Cleveland, good luck finding a jury willing to convict anything against a Steeler, lol.

8. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Speaking as an attorney:

So much fail.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    This isn't unprecedented … there’s actually specific language about it in the NFL’s rules.

Rule 12 covers “player conduct” and all the way down to Article 17.....

there it is:

“Use of helmet as a weapon.....

“A player may not use a helmet that is no longer worn by anyone as a weapon to strike, swing at, or throw at an opponent,” it reads. And the penalty?

For illegal use of a helmet as a weapon: Loss of 15 yards and automatic disqualification. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

That’s basically what happened, save for the first down. Garrett was indeed disqualified.

There’s nothing in there about suspensions.

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    There’s a lot to process in his post. The only part I’m sure about is his desire to grab MGs genitals. Lord knows where else his little fantasy is heading....

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Hard to imagine that Rudolph wouldn't be viewed as the biggest pu$$y ever by every current and former player if he lawyered up and sued Garrett. If he did that, he better be prepared for a very shortened NFL career. That wouldn't hurt my feelings after what we've seen from him on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1