1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Baddest Bully on the Block

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWINDS, Nov 15, 2019.

1. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    I get it steelersrule6 (smile).

Yeah, it is long. Just had a lot to vent. Will definitely keep the TLDR in mind for future posts. Take care my friend.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

2. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Yeah it sucks steelersrule6.

The mold was broken after him. I even forgive him for the New England transfer. His great memories out way all of that. Now, if they had won the SB I may have a different opinion here. Like I stated, I am caught in between eras of how it once was and how it is now. Years from now, future fans will know no different and have nothing to compare it too like me (and you?).

3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    You no like read. You go away.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Can't tell you how many times I've said that exact thing. I don't even like it when they do their first down point towards the end zone.

Just shut up, hand the ball to the ref and take your butt back to the huddle. Act like you've been there before. Do you seriously have to celebrate every first down?

I do like the touchdown celebrations and am glad the NFL allowed them to have some fun again. That's fine. But until you put points on the board, get to work. No one ever won a game by getting a first down. (And I'm sure some brainiac will correct me by mentioning running out the clock by getting a first down...you have to have scored before that works, so put that back in your pocket. You know who you are)

Anyway, I hope you didn't take my "long-winded" comment as a negative. That was just my lazy way of describing a long post. I'm glad you verbalized what you were thinking and didn't hold back. You had mentioned earlier that you had that on your mind and sounded like you were on the fence over sharing it with us. I'm glad you did, even if others have an aversion to reading more than 10 words at a time. :drinks:

5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Finally a response with appropriate length!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Thank goodness!! I was afraid I had ruined it with that two syllable word. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey GloryDays.

First, You owe me no type of explanation at all about the length of a response. Everyone has their comfort zone and style. You are one of my favorites to converse here with. Like I stated on another post, I know I get long-winded sometimes. In part, it is being a teacher, in part it is to try to drum up some good conversation. Not that short responses cannot do that as well.

Second, I do like some of the celebrations also. Sports are emotional. Where I am from, trash-talking combined with sports, is second nature. It is fun as long as it does not get out of control. I have seen it lead to fights and even weapons drawn out. The stories I could share with you over an innocent street game of football or basketball. Trust me you cannot make these things up.

For fun,Checkout the Conversation section here a little later. I will send you an image of one of our "Sports Venues" where I grew up in the 70's-80s (smile).

Back to the original. Let's just get points on the board before we set off the "fireworks". Getting a first-down is cool but if the end mission (scoring) is not completed it was all for not in most cases. Maybe a chess game of field position sometimes is the best outcome short of scoring. Take care my friend and have a great day!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey KnoxVegasSteel.

How is the day starting off? Take care.

• Like Like x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    What subject(s) do you teach? I have 3 cousins who were teachers.

10. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey santeesteel.

Thanks for asking.

Started out as a Physical Education/Health Education Teacher. Then got certified in Special Education with a focus on Mathematics, and finally got a another certification in Computer Science. Most of my teaching experience was at the High School Level. I spent the later part of my career in the Computer Technology area where I designed, built, and implemented online classes for students who were too sick to attend school or who were suspended/expelled from school. It is AKA "Home & Hospital". Every school district should have such a program given that all school districts have similar clientele that they service. I also coached sports at the High School Level for 30+ years.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Very cool. 2 of my cousins were music/English teachers and the 3rd is a math teacher at the jr. high in Half Moon Bay.
    Sorry for hijacking...……......carry on!

12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Huked on fonix to the resqu

• Like Like x 1
  13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    "Works for me...…!"

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Can he suggest it as his other alias “Lousy Fan”? Asking for a friend....

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Sure, as long as Lousy Fan doesn't mind being accused of wanting the Steelers to lose so they'll fire Tomlin (who they just extended) and so the Steelers can improve their draft position (they already used their draft picks).
    Do me a favor, ask Lousy Fan why he hates the Steelers so much, I can't figure it out.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Lousy fan is a product of The Darkness....

Most people merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing but blinding. The shadows betray some, because they belong to me. I will show them where I made my home while i prepare to show them the truth. Then I will break them....:eek:

Never mind I can’t actually figure it out either...;)

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    So you're in evil villain, like in the comic books? Why else would you spend so much time on the Steelers, hoping they lose so you can come here and proclaim to a bunch of strangers "I told ya so!'"

:emperor:

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    ...and I would of gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for you...you meddling kid. Oh wait...not ”kid” like Colbert said. I mean in a friendly way...

oh and just because Tomlin got you ,doesn’t mean he got me too....fyi

21. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    You're not serious, are you? The worst team in converting short yardage is NOT on the coaches????

Accuse me of wanting them to lose all you want, but it is painfully obvious that the worst teams are not the worst teams because of a funk. Players can get into a funk. Dropped passes, missed kicks, etc. Those things are on the players. Being the worst TEAM in ANY category is not on the athletes. Sorry, thanks for playing. No consolation prize for you.

22. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ha!
    The last time Tomlin got me was 'The Failed 2 pt Conversion Extravaganza', week 10 2016.

23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I thought it was more of a lollapalooza....

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Massacre...