1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaepernick

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by VTSteelerfan, Nov 15, 2019.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He was given a chance and he decided to turn it into his own media day. He went from 25 teams to something like 8. He’s an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The clips weren't very impressive. Throwing motion looks uncomfortable and his passes weren't on target to WRs just running routes on an empty field. The local high school kids look as good or better than what I saw from the clips. Dude is not an NFL QB at this point in his life. Add to that the fact he is entitled and disrespectful to the owners and league. This isn't complicated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Good points VF. I don't know what went down, you don't know and up to this point the sports media has been quite sympathetic to Kap's (self-induced) plight. That being said, I'm not even sure the media would get this story right - whatever that might be. In a perfect world I'm sure the NFL would want Kap to sign waivers that he will drop all legal action against them plus to agree not to conduct any protesting while in an NFL official uniform on game day. They can't stop him from acting up on his own time but not while he's on the a Team clock. I have no problem with people who choose to protest or speak out on matters that they care about but the time and place is a critical part of this equation. He blew it big time and only has to look in the mirror to see who's to blame. The Niners seem to be doing pretty well without him. I think he's toast at this stage.

4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I have to agree with you. The sympathy that he had is certainly waning from some who previously supported him. Being a pragmatist I just would not want the headache, doubt the whole story will ever be told, bottom line I doubt he ever gets signed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015

6. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The idiot was even running his mouth at the workout.

Basically saying that he's been ready but denied for three years and everyone knows why. That's why he put on the show in front of everybody. Because he has nothing to hide.

That's when he said something extraordinarily stupid. "We're waiting for the 32 owners, the 32 teams, Roger Goodell, all of them to stop running. Stop running from the truth. And stop running from the people."

Running from the people? This is the rambling of a madman. He's so up his own ass, that he really has lost touch with reality. Plus he has a certain group of people, who I will not mention, telling him that he's a hero and filling his head with crap that he sucks up through a crazy straw.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Hard to tell what the heck is up with the situation. It sure doesn't look like a guy who really wants to play football and help a team win. Seems more like a guy who wants to keep the stage for an agenda. The Kunta Kinte shirt seems to imply that minority players are slave to NFL owners. I heard a report on my local sports radio channel that he wanted to film a Nike commercial during the workout. Who knows, maybe we'll see one come out- wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't surprise me if he lawyers up again against the NFL for not giving him a legit look and making him sign extraordinary waivers. This dude just wants to play the victim and continue to cry foul against an organization that has made more minority millionaires than any other in history. His performance during the workout was definitely mediocre at best.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is better than most of the backups on NFL rosters at this time.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    What both Knox and Jeh stated. Colin had his chance. He blew it.

The Kunte Kinte shirt was likely the tipping point for any NFL Scout there. All that shows the NFL is that Colin is willing to push his agenda over coming back. To me, the whole workout seemed like a publicity stunt rather than a job interview.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    How? He can't make a team because of his attitude. Believe the collusion theory? Malcontents are always weeded out of successful franchises.

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    If his girlfriend had kept her mouth shut, he'd likely be on his way to the playoffs with the Ravens

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    if that's the case i want to be a slave to millions of dollars. I'll get on all fours and bark like a dog too lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The bottom line is that the NFL is foolish for acknowledging this nimrod period!

He "used" the venue of the NFL to promote his personal pet peeves, this falls into the category of "not in the best interest of the shield" yet the NFL bends over backwards to accommodate him because they have to play the political/racial game.

If every player in the NFL used the venue of the NFL to air their personal gripes, the NFL would be out of business.