1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The best response to last night for the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelinOhio, Nov 15, 2019.

1. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Landry Jones would be no better

2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Won't happened. His play, was the reason for our frustration

3. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    NOD got the team to multiple AFC championship games and a Superbowl. Rudolph has zero chance of being that good.

4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll give you that, but after everything that happened, from people I've talked to around here, there's somewhat of an expectation of more cheap shots and paybacks in the December 1 game. I called it a response because I'd like to see the Steelers respond by showing that soundly beating the Browns with professionalism and without stooping to cheap shots is part of their mantra.

5. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'd love to see that as well. Don't get me wrong. And I agree that would be the best way to approach it.

But...

The Browns just took our lunch money and left us with a bloody nose on the playground. That game was a changing of the guard. That was a statement. We aren't the bully looking down at the prey anymore. They are looking down at us. They know they can beat us, physically and schematically.

So how do you think we will respond to a better team than us in a couple weeks? How long do you think we will be professional and take the high road when they start beating us again and rubbing our noses in it?

I have a feeling that we just might realize that we can't line up across from them and win the battles it takes to inact retribution on the scoreboard, especially after losing one of the next 2 games before then.

Yeah, I said it, we won't be 7-5 when we play them again. We'll be 6-6 and hand the wildcard race to them. And we won't be professional about it.

6. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Too many people "hope" for a HoF QB, but are ready to drop the player as completely worthless if they don't playing like a 6th year veteran in their first year starting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What’s Landry Jones up to?

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You are right but it hurts knowing we have to start over at QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    So they did pretty much exactly what I was hoping for when I started this thread. Awesome win yesterday, and awesome response to the last game against the Browns.

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Wasn't expecting Rudolph to play like a seasoned vet. I was only expecting him not to suck. Is that too much to expect?

11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey MeanJoeBlue.

Thank you. "A Voice of Reason". Big Ben was an exception. I hope people really, really appreciate what we have in him. I say "have" because I do feel that he will be back and healthy. He will have learned a lot about the new faces on the "O". "If" (I know I am semi-contradicting myself here) he does come back and the new and improved "D" remains in tact we really can be something to watch out for.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1