1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What was worse, the game or the incident?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Once again the Steelers come out flat and stayed that way for 60 minutes. Rudolph was pathetically bad, we have no running game, JuJu looks scared to death, our defense took the night off, Tomlin and his staff were non-existent.......and then there was a fight!

We played like an expansion team when our season was on the line.......but hey, the players love Tomlin!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Game was worse for me. Browns didn't win it we gave it to them. Granted it was a short week but the Clowns are not playing good football.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    All this talk about a short week is silly. The Browns weeks was 3 hours longer than ours.

The Steelers weren't ready to play!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They got mauled & didn't gaf.

5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The game itself was agonizing. You're just sitting there hoping that something good will happen and nothing is coming. You just don't even have faith that your offense could get 1 yard if the whole season was on the line.

All along your team is dropping like flies, and you're playing a division rival, who sucks, and you're getting your ass kicked.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I vote the SEASON is the worst.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The game of course. Apparently, the wack on the head has further blurred his decision making. He still thinks that he's an nfl qb. It took 8 seconds left in the game before the oline decided to protect MR?! Laughable.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The game and Mason Rudolph were tough to stomach. Still don't know why they didn't make a QB change. It was incredibly obvious that he was ineffective while also hanging his receivers out to dry. Why even have back up QB's if you are unwilling to sub them in when the starter is stinking up the field? I guess he's only coming in the game if MR is carted off the field. Just Ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The game for me was not just agonizing but demoralizing. I have not felt that way since the Regular Season loss against Jacksonville in 2017. Key players going down like flies did not assist matter either. The "Malice of Myles" was only icing on top of the cake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    After winning 4 straight I knew we were due for a let down. Our offense is horrendous, add in the injuries and no development from mason. I don’t feel good as I did

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    They were both pretty bad.

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Game by far. I actually had visions of playoffs if we could have won that. 6-4 with the Bengals up next.

Team looks bad but if Mike can rally them for the next 2 games and get us to 7-5 my little hope would return.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This is all true and possibly even likely, but I simply have no faith in this team. Even if we win the next 4 and are 9-5, the only thing I will be certain of is questionable coaching and questionable preparation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Letting the Browns feel relevant.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Mason Rudolph play as a QB = the hit

16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Well I'd say the game because it has more impact overall. The hit was just something a undisciplined idiot did because he has low intelligence. He couldn't help it. Of course Mason could have done better in the game if anyone else on the team would help just a little bit. Here is this kid in his 7th game running an offense with no running game, no WR's worth a damn, OL blocking like old women, piss poor coaching and play calling, but he still should have had it all under control because so many on this board says so. So lets just get rid of him and put some other QB is there to overcome these minor challenges and wait for the posts to get rid of him too. That'll work, right?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Agreed. Big let down game for us as usual against sub-par teams. Nothing else new here with Tomlin’s prep against bad teams. Unfortunately, you knew we couldn’t keep it up in the age of “the standard is the standard”, but we will “chew on it”.:roflmao:

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I usually go to the Bengals game every season as it is local but not sure I can stomach another noodle arm performance by Mason.

19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Stone.

It depends on how you look at it. From the Human Element side, the Incident most definitely. Mason could have been MURDERED or seriously brain-damaged/hurt. From the Game standpoint, we mathematically took a step back. This is a game that in the past we chalk up to a "W". Although, I do not take any game for granted. This loss hurt us from the playoff picture standpoint, not eliminated us, but hurt us. All around, both scenarios hurt us. Sorry, to play the fence here but that is how I see it.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The game was more agonizing for me. Mason Rudolph's head may beg to differ.

21. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It's only a game. We can move on from loses.

The incident was worse because you never want to see that kind of stuff happen to anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    This x1000 !
    Kid could have had his life changed forever.

It is just a game !

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    For better or worse Mason Rudolph will go down in Steeler lore for getting clobbered over the head with his own helmet. Decades from now people will still be talking about that play. It's been around 40 years but if you say the name Turkey Jones, Steeler fans know exactly the infamous tackle on Bradshaw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The incident was worse. It was ugly, and there's no place for that kind of crap in a football game. It's not The Longest Yard.

25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Game was worse because high school JV could have made throws and 1st down's in this game. It's like the game these guys have played since grade school is foreign to them.