1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The best response to last night for the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelinOhio, Nov 15, 2019.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The best response the Steelers can have to last night, IMO, is to first of all, focus on Cincinnati.

Then, go ahead and let what happened fuel them for the game in Pittsburgh on December 1st. But, respond strongly by being professionals, playing as cleanly as possible, and avoiding fights, while still being aggressive and playing to win. Make a statement by playing like professionals and beating the Browns, and make it a strong statement by beating them soundly.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    .....and now we know where she went [​IMG]........ OHIO!
    LOL -just kidding my friend. Every word you wrote is optimistically true and would love to see it play out like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Screw that, I want Mayfield pounded into the turf when we play them again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I sure hope they play hard and take him to the ground again and again, and rack up the sacks, but that isn't at odds with what I'm talking about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Are you saying coach up the players? Good luck with that. Tomlin does seem to coach better when adversity is happening. The coaches on offense are not helping the players improve. The offense has had too many challenges to overcome; starting with the Munchak departure, to Darryl Drake's death, to the Roethlisberger injury, and now the injuries and player performance. Next man up is fine, but when it is the next man after the next man after the next man, fourth and fifth string players, that is when coaches have a hard time making chicken salad out of chicken poop; especially when the chicken salad already smelled like chicken poop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I would like to resign Harrison for Dec. 1.

Edit: and possibly Hines also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

And Terrence Garvin. Look out punter.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We are not going to beat the Browns unless Mason Rudolph responds with a decent game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Maybe that last thump to the head knocked something back in align.

10. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I’m hoping the team can rally around Mason and start playing like pros.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Can't forget Kimo Ohmoffannomaiwawana :thumbs up:

12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    F#ck that. Eye for an eye.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

In other words we ain't winning if Mason is on the field.

He looked absolutely terrible last night.

I've seen enough. Bring in Hodges. He can't be any worse. See what the kids got.

Send Mason to John Elway's QB camp in the off season to get in some work on those mechanics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Been saying it for a couple of games now, and Troy Aikman said it best last night. Mason has what he called heavy legs and doesn't move in the pocket much. Hence bad throws with with bad throwing angles. It may take an off season to fix.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey JAD.

Man I remember, vaguely, Terry Bradshaw's first few years. I have no crystal ball, like everyone else here. Given that, with the small body of work,minus last night, I am still in Mason's corner. STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bradshaw was benched several times for poor play. I was too young to remember, but it's well documented. I'm sure some of the older fans on this board remember.

17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m rooting for him as well even if it means it takes a year of working on it. Next bad slow start I would like to see duck

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    whatever works as long as we win lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    That's not a response to anything. That should be the mantra. If they were being coached that way, we might see that, but they aren't being coached that way. Why would MT change his coaching philosophy midstream?

If they don't ruin him in the process. PULL THE GOALIE AND LET THE FLYING DUCKS FLY!!

Gordon Bombay: I'll have you know, Peter, that the Duck is one of the most noble, agile and intelligent creatures in the animal kingdom.
    Connie Moreau: But they're wimpy!
    Guy Germaine: They don't even have teeth.
    Gordon Bombay: Neither do hockey players. Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?
    Fulton Reed: [pause] I'll be a duck.
    Charlie Conway: Yeah, me too.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Terry said in the pregame last night that his rookie stats were 7 TDs to 24 INTs, or something along those lines.

21. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    That was during the time when he was still learning to spell K-A-T.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  22. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    That's the problem. There are quite a few people on this board who want him gone right now. Have decided he will never improve, despite being thrown into the fire before he was ready.

I'm in the camp to give him this year as experience, an off-season to improve his technique, then see what he looks like in his 2nd year as the back-up QB (behind Ben next year).

Instead of complaining that he isn't the next Big Ben, I think it would be a reasonable goal for him to become a better Neil O'Donnell.
    (O'Donnell was also drafted in the 3rd round. Did not play his first year, played 8 games his 2nd season. Cowher kept him as the starter for 3 years, until he left in FA.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    So now we are hoping for a QB who is just slightly better then NOD. Good God, its going to a long rebuilding for this squad. Feels like ground hog day in the 80s.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Teams tend to coddle players now a day. A benching may do wonders for MR

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What is Landry Jones up to.... looks like we drafted Dobbs and Rudolph for nuthin.....