1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason era should be over

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Mason has got to be better no doubt he was terrible last night. The play calling as well with Randy Fichtner is atrocious especially on 3rd and 1. It’s pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    WR - Washington, Hilton, Jones

fixed it for you, JuJU and DJ died last night.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    honestly, I’ve never been one to be quick on the fire anybody bandwagon but Randy Fichtner needs to go before any other changes are made. It’s obvious that Randy was a figurehead for the real offensive coordinator, Ben Roethlisberger. Randy doubles as the OC and QB coach when you had a QB that called his own plays and didn’t need a QB coach.

With MR they could really use a good OC and a dedicated QB coach. we see what happened to Bud Dupree once they dumped Joey Porter as the LB coach and let Butler (who lacks as a DC) took over the linebackers again.

MR hasn’t been good but he is also setup for failure.

Horrible OC with horrible play calling.
    No QB coach
    No OL
    No Running game
    Lack of WR talent (not getting open, dropping balls)
    Horrible TE play

Most young QBs that are playing in their 6th game would struggle in those conditions

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    :facepalm:That's a lot of excuse making. A lot of it may be true, but Rudolph has to shoulder some of the blame for his bad play. The thing that is the most annoying is his lack of accuracy. The receivers are constantly having to stretch or come back for the ball. He consistently puts the ball in places that a) expose the receiver to getting blown up or b) where a defender can make a play on the ball. He's an average QB at best.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I think he's way below average.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Well, in my defense I did say "at best". ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Thanks for sharing your opinion. Zero Foxtrot.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    I’m fine with switching to Duck, but I don’t think that alone is going to fix this offense. The running game is brutal (bottom 6 in the league). The receivers aren’t very good. And the O-line is declining. I think even Ben would have trouble making the offense click with this group. Having absolutely no running game puts a ton of pressure on the QB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    That was the LaBeau formula that developed more than one #1 defenses.

Brady was able to overcome that, but it definitely caused headaches for young QBs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think Mason bounces back next 2 weeks

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Not sure how many more beatings MR can take to the head

[​IMG]

12. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Heck, Landry Jones would do a better job.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    It seems to me, Rudy " guides " the ball to much...Not good, especially with a below average arm...

That's why I'm ok with giving Hodges s chance...If nothing else, He lets it rip...

If your looking to try and win games, this is the best option...If you want to hold onto false hope, see what you have in your 3rd rounder you moved up to get...You stay with Rudy...I know it's only been a handful of games but, he looks bad, real bad...He is short on playmakers, OL stinking, and poor play calling and script, But he is the worst out of these mentioned weaknesses

This is not a knee jerk reaction but, man he looks terrible... decision making, pocket presence, arm strength, AND accuracy...Not an overall good combo...I just think they missed on him...And again this is not based on the small sample size, It's just based on " what I see, my own personal evaluation " granted I'm just a living room know it all...But I actually do have past experience as a Midget Coach who won multiple championships...So don't come at me like I don't know my **** :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I said this weeks ago and I got like 30 million dislikes. He has horrible pocket awareness, a noodle arm, in accurate, and he stares receivers down. He seems like a nice guy and he’s got passion. He’s going to be a backup.

And no Hodges isn’t the answer either. He’s probably worse tbh.

So we have to roll with him. Hopefully he gets better. Lamar Jackson looked terrible as a passer last year.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This is what I've been saying for weeks. Our RBs, WRs and TEs are sub par. McDonald and JuJu have been disappointments.... Conner can't stay healthy. Snell won't be back for several weeks. Our Center is suspended for 3 weeks. Our 2 best WRs will be out indefinitely with concussions. Our LT got used and abused on just about every play. Roethlisberger would have been a sitting duck behind that line. Hell... Lamarr Jackson would have been a sitting duck and that dude runs like Vick and Barry Sanders.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It's getting ridiculous

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I feel bad because Mason's career is pretty much over before it started. Best known as the guy who got attacked from now on.

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You’re probably right, but one thing that runs in Hodges’ favor is that he’s decisive and makes his throws on time. That seems to be becoming a bigger issue with Rudolph. The Chargers game was, admittedly, a small sample, but I saw a guy who is already ahead of Rudolph mentally.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    RIP DJ.

20. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I agree it is an issue with Rudolph. But cmon man, Hodges is not the answer either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    exactly. Hodges looks like he will take nothing and try to make anything out of it. Mason tries too hard not to make a mistake, and then does.

22. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Agreed. For all the negative comments about Mason. Keep in mind he played without his starting RB and top two WR.

23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    More than once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I guess Landry has fallen out of favor. Lol

25. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    I think this is a coaching problem #1! There is one of two things happening here with the MR situation:

1) he is being coached to do something and he either legit does not understand or he refuses to take coaching!

2) He is not being coached up and is playing like he's still in college because that's all he knows!

Either way it all falls on the coaches shoulders! Head Coach first and then (you know what) rolls down hill!

It's a BS situation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.