1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns Defense was out to hurt/intimidate/bullied us

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Nov 15, 2019.

1. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    our 2 receivers out with concussion and our QB getting assaulted by a helmet. the Cleveland defense were instructed to hurt us. This is no coincidence. That Kitchen coach told his players to hurt/intimidate/bully our offence and they succeeded. this reminds me of the war we had with the oakland raiders back in 1976. Tatum and Atkinson was out to kill Lynn Swann back then. Same here with the browns.

2. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Im just surprise there was not more fights the way this game was going just out of frustration alone!!! Refs were letting alot go and tempers flared!!!

3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The next game in Pittsburgh is one you don't want to miss put in for the day off from work cancel all outings get your Popcorn ready its going to more of the same. From here on out the game last night just lite the fire for future meetings of both theses teams its going to be a blood bath every time they meet!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Definitely had a G. Williams vibe to their approach. I hope the defense remembers this in a few weeks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, any coincidence that this behavior came from a team that’s less than a year removed from having Mr. Bounty as interim HC?

6. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    The Bengals tried that. Look where they are now

7. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Juju and Johnson I could understand. But Rudolph? If they really wanted to sabotage the Steelers they'd make sure he remained injury free :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    This. I saw many of their media making jokes during the game. “If we could only play a Mason Rudolph every week, we’d for sure be in the playoffs.”

9. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    They weren't out to intimidate or bully anybody they were just out to be dirty and get away with it

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah and our team is soft. Heyward getting mad in the locker room. Get mad on the field after your WR is bleeding out his ear... Decastro and Feiler watching Rudolph get bullied. Pouncey the only one with stones.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    DeCastro did take Garrett to the ground, Feiler needed to do more.

12. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Classy players too.....

13. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey francobettis.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I have a long post ready to go up about this BS. STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    What does that mean? I can't speak tweeter.

15. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Cam was irate on the sideline. Had to be restrained. And Pouncey's stones got him 3 games on the bench. If you want to help your teammate/team, shield him or pull others away. Don't throw punches or kicks. Pouncey could have Goldberg'd Garret's ass with a spear and probably gotten away with it. But throwing punches? At a dude with his helmet still on? Dumb. Kicking him in the head while he was on the ground? Stupid.

16. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Joe Greene said in the newspaper that if any Raider tried hurting Swann in an upcoming game that he'd come after that Raider. The Raiders liked to intimidate teams back then but were intimidated by Mean Joe instead.

Our defense is very good but lacks that intimidation factor.

The

17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    They were definitely head hunting.

Mason didn't do the receivers no favors though. Completely hanging them out to dry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    click the picture for the whole thing..... it’s a pic of juju passed out on the ground.... and Wilson is proud of his accomplishment..... ready for next week

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Some say this was headhunting. I do not disagree. At the same time though, I disagree for much different reasons.

The most notable of my own stems from the Browns culture; disorganized chaos amplified by volatile personalities. Their is no leadership there to speak of. John Dorsey himself is only adding more fuel to the ever increasing Nova Storm.

Now, what happens when you have disorganized chaos seeped into those who are already volatile to begin with?! That answer is simple. Complete disregard for anyone or anything.

Myles Garrett is only the beginning of this. I doubt this will be the last time we hear of Cleveland in the news. If actions of the players like Damarius Randall are any indication, expect more of the same.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Had Heyward gotten on that field the moment Diontae was injured, that personal foul penalty against Damarius Randall would have been offset. In addition, had that been the case, Pittsburgh would have been shut out by Cleveland.

21. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm not saying run on the field and do something in that moment. I'm saying next time the defense is on the field.. Do something to Baker or one of them.

22. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    How about do something to Baker like sack him, or intercept him. How about using it as motivation to win the game or at least make it close so the plays at the end have some meaning...

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah, I agree with this.

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

That makes zero sense. What is that going to prove?! For that matter, what is the driving point of emphasis in commiting such an act anyway?!

Here is what the Defense should do; generate pressure and cause turnovers just like they have all season. Keep doing that. Nothing more beyond that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This.