1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMLIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Please dear god don’t let him escape

please

2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Think the Skins will still give us those 2 1sts for Popcorn!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Time to start tipping our caps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I was reading earlier today that Tomlin should be Coach of the Year. Tomlin lovers will have their excuses but I saw an unorganized mess who was lucky to get all of our defensive players on the field before Cleveland snapped the ball. From what I saw tonight, we couldn't beat any team in the NFL, period.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    The Browns finally played up to their potential, without getting in their own way, for long enough to win.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The Steelers lost 3 players on offense. Juju, Diontae and James Conner all left the game. The offense was trash tonight. But losing those 3 players made it worst.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Too many bodies missing. I am hard.on Tomlin but I'm not sure who would have done better. Just an ugly situation.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    We were not good in all three phases of the game. Play calling from the start was suspect, special teams not great, defense giving up huge plays or not getting on the field on time. Losing some players on offense doesn't do all of that.

9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    We stunk before the injuries started piling up. We weren't ready for prime time.

We are who we thought we were, a .500 team who can't beat sub .500 teams. And there's plenty of blame AND excuses to go around. But that doesn't matter. Injuries, inept coaching, lack of talent, being unprepared...the fact of the matter is that this team isn't very good.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Your ignorance is showing :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Tomlin has had his best coaching year yet. This offense is bottom 5 in talent. Defense looking like it has the makings to be special

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    A sub .500 team loaded with talent. Sure they're below .500, but don't think for a second that they're just a bunch of no-name chumps! I do wish the Steelers had played better tonight but it's not surprising that they lost and they didn't lose because of Tomlin

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The offence did nothing before we lost those guys. We have no offence this year. Part of it is the players for sure. We don't have any good playmakers, but a big part of it is coaching. I remember play where MR got sacked by an unblocked guy. Vanette was clearly assigned to block him, but for some stupid reason, they had Vanette line up out wide and not in tight. Of course he didn't get to his man in time because he was too god damn far away. That's just piss poor coaching, play design and playcalling. Just beyond terrible.

I just don't believe our Oline has aged that fast. I know they aren't getting any younger, but did they all fall off a cliff overnight or did Munch leaving cause a huge decline? If it was the latter, which I believe it is, then our struggles are clearly are a result of poor coaching.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree on the Vanette play. He has to know that regardless of how the formation is drawn up, if you know that you will not make that block, you have to adjust and move in tighter or point that out some how to Mason and become the hot read.

15. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Never said the Browns were chumps. But we have beaten better teams and have been gaining momentum. This was a pivotal game that we needed to win, and should have. Opportunity lost.

And if I am to give Tomlin credit for our 4 game win streak, which I did, he can most definitely shoulder some blame. The offense is bland. It isn't creative. Players are not being put in the best positions to be successful. Everyone of us can see that the OL is struggling. The coaches should be seeing that too and making some adjustments to account for that. They aren't. It's like they don't know they're allowed to scheme differently. Or they just don't know how.

16. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    This team misses Munchek. Despite Tomlins never losing season, he's no head coach. Last night wasn't his fault the offense stunk unless you want to say, another game his team wasn't prepared for and that, I can agree. Connors can't be counted upon. Rudolph despite the pressure he was getting is never going to be a good enough QB, I just don't see anything in him. The few times MR does hit a receiver in stride, they usually drop the ball or let it go through their hands. And for all the Ben haters, how do you like the offense now ?

17. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    And with all that being said, the Steelers were only down by 7 points with around 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Lmao

18. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Who gives a crap how much we were down and when? We played poorly and lost to a 3 win team and that is all that matters to me. Lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Did you forget that 3 players from the offense left the game last night? Lmao

20. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Did you forget the final score?

21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's when the coaching becomes critical, and that's when Tomlin falls down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Mason stunk the whole game & it's Tomlin's fault. :facepalm:

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Fixed for accuracy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope the suspension of Miles Garrett sends the Browns into a tailspin for the rest of the season. I'm a major critic of Tomlin, but Belichick, Walsh in his prime, Noll in his prime could not have done any better, IMO... under the circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The offensive line had trouble blocking the Browns. When Mason had time he had issues with accuracy. Turnovers are generally team killers. Defenses won't respect Mason until he makes them pay consistently. The run game will continue to struggle from lack of quality QB play.

Edmunds at the RB position lacks vision and can't hit the holes consistently.

The WRs are young.

The offense might have a chance if they can get better play out of the QB position. It doesn't appear that's going to happen. As a result, this team will continue to struggle to win games.

• Agree Agree x 5