1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Maurkice Pouncey

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jay31, Nov 14, 2019.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Love it. Pouncey has never been the aggressor, but he will give a beat down if needed.

I don't even care if there is a suspension. He did what was needed to be done. Send a message that behavior will result in a beatdown.

Pouncey for president.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    People that large could kill a man with a kick like that. I'm glad he didn't connect. I am also glad he landed a couple. what a **** move by Myles Garrett.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Missed? He looked like he connected to me. But also keep in mind that Myles still had his helmet on. So if Maurkice would have tried to hit him even harder, Maurkice probably would have broke his hand.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Love how Pouncey said he blacked out.

he knows what to say after the fact.

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Good for Pouncey, I can't believe some here want to bring his punches and kicks being week omg. You want to see weak watch the replay and see Vance there watching the whole thing. I am glad Pouncey reacted like he did I don't care what connected or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I almost sort of want Pouncey suspended. I'm curious how the line would do with Finney at center for a few games. Pouncey hasn't been playing that well this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I don’t normally condone this sort of thing, but the game was out of hand way before this. The head hunting was obvious. Pouncey saw something so egregious that he lost it. I don’t fault him, most good teammates would react when seeing something like this. I also understand that he may be suspended as a result, which I also understand because the rules are what they are.

I can see why Mason was mad, he was getting banged around all game (there could have easily been a few more flags).

I don’t think it would be unreasonable to suspend Garrett for the rest of the season (and possibly some of the next). As violent of a history that the NFL has, I am not sure I can think of a comparable situation (outside the whistle).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep. The league would have gladly overlooked the punches, but the kick is going to cost him 1-2 games.

9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    We are starting to sound like Clown fans. I will say that if you're going to get suspended for kicking, do it right.

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Probably going to cost him some games and definitely he'll be lighter in the pocketbook. But you cant let that crap go without immediate and violent retaliation. Good on Pouncey.

Garrett needs to be charged with assault. That is some straight up criminal sh!t right there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong but, Didn't Warren Sapp do something similar to what Garrett did?
    You don't want to be compared to Sapp!

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I remember Lyle Alzado doing it originally and having the 'helmet as a weapon rule' named after him.

13. Eric Eaton

Eric Eaton New Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Even some of the ESPN people are saying Mason started it. My question to them would be, if the game is essential over, in favor of the Browns, why did Garrett take Mason to the ground that hard?" I saw Mason reacting to the initial tackle, it in my opinion was senseless and what started this whole debacle.

14. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Apparently Ohio hires thugs for there football teams we had dealings with Burfect and now Garrett. Shame on you Ohio. Anybody know what a FIFO is. Figure it out, cannot say the meaning on this board.

15. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Any decent minded player up by 14 with seconds on the clock wraps up Mason lets him go pats him on the shoulder and says " see you in two weeks ".

Are the Browns filling in for the Bengals as the Aholes of the league. THEY WERE TARGETING OUR PLAYERS THE WHOLE GAME

I wish we had Faneca and Bettis and maybe Matafuwala or whatever his name was in their prime for the next game against Garrett. I would run the ball 65 freaking times right at him until he pukes on the field.

No dirty stuff but just gas him and beat him down into submission.

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I didn't see a flag for that but there were so many things that were a chain reaction all starting with Garrett slamming MR to the ground 3 seconds after the throw in a play that was absolutely meaningless. Pouncey should get a $5 fine and no suspension!

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    FIFO is a" First In First Out" buffer used in outdated micro processors. Why can't you say that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The flag wasn't thrown until Garrett ripped the helmet off Mason's head. There wasn't a flag thrown for roughing the passer. According to this article, that's what started the exchange between MG and MR

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/11/f...or-with-uncalled-roughing-the-passer-penalty/

From the article:
    "Now, for the important part: what Garrett did was roughing the passer. While it wasn’t flagged as roughing the passer, this was clearly the instigating moment that prompted Rudolph to react to the defender. The spark that set off the chain in motion was an uncalled roughing the passer penalty, and certainly not Rudolph’s failed attempt to remove Garrett’s helmet."

3rd & 29 at PIT 17
    (0:14 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Rudolph pass short left to T.Edmunds ran ob at PIT 28 for 11 yards (J.Burris) [M.Garrett]. Penalty on PIT-M.Pouncey, Disqualification, offsetting. Penalty on CLV-M.Garrett, Disqualification, offsetting. Penalty on CLV-L.Ogunjobi, Disqualification, offsetting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We should be ok with finney at center. Surprised we have not made a move to bring another lineman up. What the hell does Colbert do during the week? We are a few weeks late on bringing in some wrs. Now we will wait until duck has to go in at center come game time. :cool:

20. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Any word yet on his appeal?? Hearing was/is today right??

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
  22. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    If that would have happened when Jack Lambert was playing they would have to fly in a team of the world's greatest proctoligists into Cleveland to remove Garrett's helmet from his ass because that's where Lambert would have deposited it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Figured they would reduce Pouncey's by one game. I have a sneaking suspicion the NFL just doesn't want Pouncey to play in the Cleveland game for fear of retaliation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    What I expected. No way they were going to let him play in the Browns re-match.

• Agree Agree x 2