1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Helmet hit.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 14, 2019.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Garrett will be gone for the season.

From the outrage building amongst the national media, it could even be worse.

This is worse than Haynesworth, Suh, and worse than any single act Burfict ever did.

I hink the league comes down harshly on this one. Primetime game. Game was over.

As for Pouncey, he will get 1 game. Maybe two.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    [​IMG]

3. Dreamman0

Dreamman0 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    I was kinda leaning that way, let him play one series. But no, suspend him for the year and punish the rest of them.

4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Now the NFL Network is trying to say the punishment shouldn’t be too harsh because he’s normally a good guy.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. SteelersForLife8810

Oct 24, 2019
    F*** that wtfff

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Myles is gone for the year. Pouncey probably a game.

Not a fan of Smith but he's right, Goodell needs to send a message that this can never happen again. You cannot rip someones helmet off and smash them in the head with it, Rudolph is lucky he got hit with the part he did.

I'm surprised DD didn't destroy Garrett but I'm thinking maybe he didn't see the helmet smash. Glad Pouncey went ape****. AV should have leveled the other idiot that blindsided Rudolph afterwards, wtf was that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Dreamman0

Jun 18, 2013
    With all I know of the Steelers as an organization, I dont think they will out physical us. Maybe they win, maybe we win...but they wont out physical us.Not this next time.

8. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Crazy NFL network are focusing on Rudolph trying to get Garrett’s helmet off and saying he should not have went after Garrett after his helmet was off. Truly classless interpretation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    They’re basically saying that Rudolph started it and shouldn’t have ran back to confront Garrett.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. islandsnow

islandsnow Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    6 games? F that. He should be done for the season and thrown in jail that’s f en itch

11. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s the angle that will save Garrett’s season

12. islandsnow

islandsnow Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    F goodell. They should hit HIM with a helmet

• Like Like x 1
  13. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    And mayfield

14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Respect for MR going after Miles without his helmet..... And **** the NFL chan for saying we caused the brawl

• Like Like x 1
  15. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  16. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Then threw his hands up

Mod edit: I'm getting tired of deleting posts. Behave, or I'll start banning. Try me. (This is to everyone)

17. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Myles Garrett should expect a significant suspension

Posted by Mike Florio on November 15, 2019

The Browns will need to get used to playing without defensive end Myles Garrett.

With only seconds left in Thursday night’s win over over Pittsburgh, Garrett ripped the helmet from Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph and then struck Rudolph in the head with his own helmet.

It’s the most egregious single in-game incident since then-Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth stomped on the forehead of then-Cowboys center Andre Gurode, if not ever. Haynesworth received a five-game suspension for his infraction, a punishment imposed before the league had its player health and safety epiphany in 2009.

Garrett should be bracing for a significant suspension, one that should last at least through the balance of the regular season. Earlier this year, the league suspended Raiders linebacker Vontaze Burfict 12 games for his latest violation of safety rules.

Here’s the real question: Should Garrett be banished? It was, quite simply, an assault — an act for which he should, in theory, be prosecuted criminally. It happened beyond the confines of a football game, and if something like that happened on the street, Garrett currently would be in jail.

Garrett could have seriously injured Rudolph, or worse. It’s inexcusable, and the league must take serious and decisive action, immediately.

At a time when it has become more and more clear that Colin Kaepernick forfeited his NFL career for engaging in a peaceful protest prior to kickoff, it’s no stretch to argue that Garrett also should forfeit his. The behavior, as teammate Baker Mayfield already has said, is inexcusable. The question is whether it’s also unforgivable.

If it’s true that playing in the NFL is a privilege and not a right, it should be.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rrett-should-expect-a-significant-suspension/

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Suspend the entire Browns team. Head hunting thugs.

As if Mason wasn't righteously angry about being needlessly thrown down WAY after the pass... on a day, mind you, when he was already head hunted and lost 2 WRs to head hunting.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  19. SteelersForLife8810

Oct 24, 2019
    This. It is extremely apparent that they were head hunting. Look at all the receivers that went down due to intentional helmet to helmet hits. Disgusting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    I'll say by 10:01 am tomrw

• Like Like x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

22. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Someone must have talked to Michael Irvin during a commercial break.
    He went from rest of season suspension to well let’s see.

He definitely had s different opinion

23. Dreamman0

Jun 18, 2013
    I saw that too! They were saying 'hes a reasonable, levelheaded, friendly guy'...except when he tries to kill somebody on the last play of an all ready decided game.

24. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    For the Turds, 6-game suspension is the season. Does anyone think they are going to make the playoff?

25. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Ahhh, the Ray Lewis Rule.

• Like Like x 1