1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Odds makers think the Steelers may sign Kaepernick

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Nov 14, 2019.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Yes 8810.

We have had enough over the past year+ to last us a lifetime. I really also think that the media, as a whole, only likes to cover the Steelers when we have some type of controversy going on. Just an observation of mine. Prior to the coming of Minkah, we have been in the news for primarily negative issues. For years now. Really!

Let's face it. We are a story-book franchise. However, when you have such a rich and glorious history, as us, there will always be "Haters". Remember, these people on TV are just human. With that, some people just love to see the worst come out in life for others. Prior to the Minkah signing, and the impact he is seemingly making, I cannot remember the last time that anything good has been said about our boys. And I am talking years.

However which team always gets a slew of Prime Time games? Answer: The B & G! That is because even the haters know that we are the team that that the overall public wants to see. I believe that the expression goes somewhat like: "Jealousy is the biggest form of flattery". And how do they say it around the way?: "You know it! STEELWINDS

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  3. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Signing Kap would be saying that Rudolph’s chance has been and gone.

Bens back next year so bringing in a gap fill for half a season seems pointless when we could be getting a proper spell of MR to evaluate for the future.

I personally don’t get the take a knee hatred like others on here do, but then I shouldn’t as I’m born and raised English. (Although technically I’m more American than English if you follow back through the generations)

My view is that national anthems should only be played when two different countries compete against each other, so doing it every week for US franchise vs US franchise seems a tad pointless. (Tin hat on)

That being said, the locker room seems more united than it has for years so bringing in a player that would attract as much media attention as CK is counterproductive, regardless of political stand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelerUK.

I just stated something very similar regarding "Years" of negative publicity for our Steelers. For years now, the only time that they are in the news is for gossip and negative issues. Also, I am not going to get into politics on this board. Plus, I think TTF wants to avoid that stuff and "I" agree with him as well as respecting his position.

Unfortunately, at times we will find that no matter what the topic is in in life, some just find a way to make it become a political issue. Just watch about the High School shootings today in California (again unfortunately). It won't take long before it is turned upside down and the political fingers start pointing well before the grieving process begins. Disgusting. Just plain Disgusting. Now, let's get back to our regularly scheduled programming; The game tonight. Go Steelers! STEELWINDS

5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Agreed, sport being used as a platform for politics only creates divide at a place where you can leave everything behind and get to relate and interact with people you wouldn’t normally have common interests.

7. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Why sign another QB? If all three of our QBs go down, just put Banner back there. He can run the Fichtner offense. I’m certain he can throw 3-yd passes as well as anyone

8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
  9. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I mean, dogs are clearly more likable than people so I get that one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Does anyone really have any calf space beside farmers?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Well put SteelersUK! :clapping:STEELWINDS

13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I get what you're saying. The whole anthem thing didn't really bother me. It's what he did afterwards that made me lose all respect for him. There was the fry the piggies or whatever socks he wore. Then he goes to Florida and talks about how he admired Fidel Castro amidst a large immigrated Cuban community. I don't really think he is as sincere as people make him out to be. Some people want to make themselves pariahs.

14. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
  15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We could use a better back up, but I don’t think we want to mess with Mason’s psyche

16. Jgodek

Jgodek New Member

Nov 16, 2019
    The Steelers absolutely need to take a look at Kaepernick today.

Look, I’ve been on the other side of the argument. I didn’t think he was very good. But after watching Mason Rudolph the past several weeks, it has become abundantly clear that he is not the answer, nor will he ever be the answer. His problems aren’t fixable. He can’t see the field - that’s not something that will suddenly click for him. He has bricks for feet. He can’t move around in the pocket. He can’t move outside of the pocket. His release is slow.

This defense deserves better. The rest of the offense deserves better. Mason can’t get out of his own way and the rest of the team is suffering because of it.

If Kapernick looks good at his workout? If he can help this team? Sign him! I am tired of watching a lethargic offense every week. We are still in the playoff race and need to strike while there’s still time!

If it doesn’t work out? Who cares. Ben will come back next year and we will be fine. But what we have going right now certainly isn’t working.

I get the media circus argument. But who knows, maybe it would help us this time around. The organization would get a lot of praise, maybe it would light a fire under this team.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Well like I said folks (And I am not a "I told You so" person.)

Every little "crumb" of rumor makes it to or households thanks to the advancements in Tele-Communications (i.e., Internet, Cable TV). The Steelers did not even attend his so-called "workout". As I also stated, this in part is why I detest some aspects of technology. This coming from a computer teacher. So many of these "wannabe" get the story first reporters will jump the gun hoping they get a scoop. In the end, like so many other times, the gun is firing blanks. Many of them are willing to sell their grandmother's tombstone for a story. STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-decline-to-attend-colin-kaepernick-workout/

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I moved to the middle of nowhere to get away from people. I have 4 dogs.

:smiley1:

• Like Like x 2
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparently the dumb ass took a knee on his tryout and decided to change the location. NFL declared him a no show. Few teams went to the new location.

If he’s not signed it will be someone else’s fault again.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, was just coming to post this. Steelers fans can breath easy, Steelers didn't even attend.

I love that Kap gave a big middle finger to the NFL though who were clearly just doing a PR stunt.

Apparently he looked pretty good though.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...d-which-teams-attended-after-saturday-change/

• Like Like x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  22. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I tend to be skeptical of both sides when it comes to “he said, she said” types of reports.

The NFL was always going to be rigid and uncompromising because that’s what they do to protect themselves.

Kaepernick and his team were always going to be suspicious of the NFLs intentions because the league has done them any “favours” until now.

I guess people will continue to pretend that QBs Trevor Siemian are better options lol

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Out of the teams that attended, Tennessee should take him but Tannehill is actually playing good at the moment so they will probably pass.

I'm assuming he will only accept a starting position but if not and he's willing to go to the bench, any team should take him as a back up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
  25. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Straight PR move by Nike and Kap camp.

• Agree Agree x 2