1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Switzer...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    He chews more then he sucks lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Only 4 wrs. Will holton get a catch?:cool:

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He managed to hurt them against the Rams.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's not like he hasn't already been getting snaps. He just isn't getting open.

Was Switzer playing at all on offense?

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I know he has but he doesn't have a catch yet. Our backups are one play away. :cool:

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t know what play you are referring too, I didn’t see every snap of the game.

Point still stands though, the criticism directed at him is overblown for the amount of involvement he has had.

People have a bug up their ass about this guy.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Honestly when is he really getting any targets? He may be seeing some snaps but it’s almost exclusively on running plays where he isn’t even being considered. Fichtner was asked a couple weeks ago about Holton getting snaps over other guys and Fichtner said it was a way to give the other WRs a rest. So basically they’re just using him as a decoy on running plays. It will be interesting to see his usage tonight with only 4 guys.....I’m thinking he may get a couple field stretchers thrown his way.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I don't think Mason can throw it far enough for Holton to have a catch.

9. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Tevin Jones brought up from PS to active roster....

10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Can’t for the life of me figure out why MT is so dead set against using defensive guys on returns. Cam Sutton returned punts in college and always gets work during PS. He would of been worth a shot in the last 3 years. Some of the ST decisions baffle me. From keeping Jacoby Jones more than 3 seconds he deserved, to all those years with Toussaint returning kicks. There’s plenty more examples....

edit: https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/cameron-sutton-punt-returns-week-11/

there you go Mikey. It only took Armageddon to possibly give him a chance....sheesh!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  11. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Switzer has been placed on IR.

12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    ....and Nix

The bad news is our running game is even worse trouble...
    The good news is our PR average will surely go up....

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Man, I'm so glad Switzer isn't back returning kicks. What would we do if he was still there fair catching and gaining only a few yards for us on special teams. Our return game was LIGHTS OUT today without him. We've got dynamic playmakers getting the ball now. We totally flipped field position without Switzer back there. That's the reason we won. Man, if Switzer had been there, our offense wouldn't have been able to move the ball. All you haters were SO right about him. Boy, do I feel dumb for saying that he wasn't a liability.
    :facepalm:

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry Switzer still sucks no matter how you slice it....

15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Switzer who? LOL. He is done and I think he is not coming back. Ok to delete this thread now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Maybe, but we're no better without him. So for all the complaining and hand-wringing, he could suck as bad as you say he does, but we still can't do any better than him. So the rest of them suck too, right?

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    DJ is doing better look at the numbers In a game of inches I’ll take as many yards as I can get. Yup still sucks...

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I saw the thread bumped and was like you have to be kidding, he's not even playing, who could be complaining about him :lolol:

Funny, there are all these excuses made for Rudolph's poor play but no one thinks that maybe the blocking for the return guys sucks :shrug:

Danny Smith should have been shown the door a long time ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers are better because they are no longer wasting a roster spot on Switzer. His defenders clung to the importance of his ability to field a pu t without fumbling. The Bengals punted a little Sunday, and by some miracle, the Steelers ended up with the ball every time despite the absence of Switzer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    No he was hard practicing his Fair Catch Arm in which took up all his time

From the Rooney's down bought major stock in Bubble Yum due to Smith. He's not going anywhere :lolol:

21. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    And what did the others do with the returns while not fumbling...well, they don't average more than Switzer on returns. And while they average more on punts, it's only 3.5 yards more per punt return. There is absolutely no discernible difference in regard to starting field position with any returner we have on the team. Who is on the team as a result of Switzer's injury and what is his impact? It doesn't matter. Switzer was just fine in his role. The team is no better and you can't quantify the improvement no matter how much you want to.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is not accurate. Johnson averages 7.1 yards per return, nearly double Switzer's 3.6-yard average.

Also, the point is they aren't wasting a roster spot on Switzer, who contributes nothing to the offense. Weren't you one of the ones insisting the ball wouldn't be safe without Switzer? So much for that. The Bengals punted nine times yesterday and the Steelers ended up with the ball every time.

23. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    You're telling me that adding 3 yards to our starting position on each drive makes a difference? Let me make sure I understand this...if the Steelers were given an additional 3 yards after every punt (Switzer has a better return average than anyone on the team, so we won't talk about kickoffs) they would score more points. Really? You really want to go on record and say that starting with an additional 3 yards each punt will equate to more points? The offense needs to go 80 or 77 yards. There is an infinitesimally tiny better chance for scoring at 77 than 80. Honestly, there's no difference. Let's be real.

24. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    3.6+3.5=7.1

That's as accurate as it gets. Shut up already or read before responding.

I've just realized what your game is. You respond with nonsense over and over again, hoping to just wear us out. It's a war of attrition with you, isn't it? If I can just keep spouting garbage long enough, they will get tired and give up. Then I win!! I can make a comment after the fact and say, "See, you didn't respond, so I must be right."

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It's 3 yards more that the opposing D has to take the pick six?