1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Odds makers think the Steelers may sign Kaepernick

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Nov 14, 2019.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    • Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If this happens, TTF will probably have to shut down the message board until people have time to simmer down a bit.

Personally, even if there were no controversy over Kap the person, I wouldn’t want Kap the QB. At 32 years old, the speed that made him dangerous is probably starting to diminish, especially not being in football shape for years. He’s not an effective QB without running the ball a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Why?
    The O Coordinator wouldn’t know how to use him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Everyone.

See this is why I despise technology in some regards. And that is coming from a computer teacher. All speculation. Write an article that gives more proof-positive that the Steelers are a "serious" front runner in this. I guess though that is just the way it is today. Do not get me wrong. The advancements in Tele-Communications is extraordinary. Saves lives! Just abused at times and/or just a waste of oxygen to filter through 99% of the nonsense.

Have to sell news space even with the smallest of accuracy or speculation. The article may as well say... "The Bus is Contemplating Coming out of Retirement".

Now this will dominate every one of the 101 talk shows this morning with everyone giving their "wrong" predictions. Well, somebody will probably be right. Give me back "Turn the Dial TV". Just ranting a little this morning. STEELWINDS

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Never happen! Now say it did happen and people start burning their Steeler gear like what happened when the team dissed the anthem believe they would rush to buy it back if he took us to the Super Bowl.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    steelers are not even going to his tryout... Not happening

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I don’t see it happening but he sucks anyways

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Well, the thread title did say odds makers. Emphasis on ODD!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    They don't have the cap space anyway. And I'm still not convinced it's a given somebody will sign him.

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    :noose:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    He's a cancerous POS that isn't even a good player. Why do people write this crap in the first place? I would never think the ownership would subject the fan base to such negative drama. Then again we brought Vick on board but he had something to offer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Send Villanueva to the workout.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    It's not going to happen. Even without the political distractions he hasn't played in 3 years and was 1-10 the last year he played. The Steelers are trying to develop a young QB for the future. Rudolph doesn't need to be looking over shoulder every time he makes a mistake to see Kapernick warming up on the sidelines. Zero percent chance we sign him.

16. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Sometime ago right after Ben went down. It was reported that Kap's agent called the Steelers and the Steelers did not bother to return his call.

17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers don't need another QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Somebody will sign him, but only if his girlfriend can keep her big mouth shut! Maybe Miami. That way, they could have Fitzpatrickaepernick!

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    We need RBs... not QBs.

20. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Might as well kick all the tires and see what 7 years out off the league did for Tim Tebow while we're at it.

21. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    If he looks good, do it. It's a football decision, not a personal statement.

My only thing is that we FINALLY got all of the drama off the team.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  22. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I couldn't care less about Kaepernick's politics. Rudolph and Hodges are better QBs at this point. It would be stupid to bring him in. Hell... Paxton Lynch is a better option on the practice squad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I wish people would leave the Kaepernick thing alone. Forget the politics aspect of it. Regardless of how you feel about him he has now been out of football for YEARS. He had a couple of good years on a good 49er team before falling into obscurity. His numbers fell off, and he was relegated to backup duty, and that was before the whole kneeling thing. He would have been out of football all together now whether he started kneeling or not. Why people think he could come in and be a teams savior boggles my mind.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Steeler fans can't say too much about the Kaepernick incident. I took so much **** when the Steelers stayed in the tunnel for anthem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    For all the over the top, people who can't forgive anyone.....need to relax.
    Kaepernick has NOT been in trouble with the law, in trouble with drugs, not in trouble with domestic abuse, not spent time in Leavenworth for illegal dog fighting. Rooney's have signed players who have been in trouble with above mentioned items.

I like he tried to use his position to make light of police brutality. I wish he used a social media outlet instead of national anthem. He made a mistake, but it's not an illegal mistake. NFL has way too many dudes playing who have made worse mistakes, nobody has the guts to say it. Kaepernick is not much different than Tebow. Too much media attention for most coaches and organizations. They blamed Tebow throwing motion which was BS....Mahomes throws like a baseball player, but that's ok..... Curt Flood fought the reserve clause and was banished by MLB....sad stuff

I personally think he has paid his price and I am sure he has grown up. Vick and others made it back into the league after counseling with Tony Dungy. Kaepernick should be given a shot for someone. This is America.....we make mistakes and get 2nd chances all the time. That's what makes us stronger. I deal with kids and people who make quick decisions and mistakes all the time without thinking it out. Kaepernick said in rare interview....he was only demonstrating in a non-violent way, which is what MLK asked everyone to do decades ago. At that point, I started to understand him a little. None of us are perfect. Just saying......

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1