1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason era should be over

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Greg Roman was Kaps OC in San Fran when he exploded on the scene and got Smith run out of town......

Point well made..... OC knows his players and designs offense to maximize their strength !!!!

I actually think Fichtner is a good coach.... QB Coach that is... but as an OC AND play caller he isn’t. He is holding the reigns too tight on Mason!

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  2. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    To say Mason lacks poise has got to be the Dumbest Statement I’ve heard yet!!!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    very true but his command of this team is very impressive. He is one tough SOB that stays in the pocket. Makes quick reads ( not always but often) and gets rid of the ball. Honestly I have no complaints for a young kid to come in here and manage this offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    actually, probably would have thrown to JuJU, and brown would have bitched about it

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

Oh really? shoot I thought we lost! Thanks Glenn what would I do without your brilliant mind making things more clear. . :goofy: I always wondered what happened to the male cheerleaders after school. Now I know.

Has it ever occurred to you that this is a "steeler" message board? :hmmm:

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No problem glad to help. Yeah I know it’s a message board. That always seems to be the negative pessimistic complainers excuse.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Oh great.... the Board Nazi is back.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  8. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Some people come here just to complain. They have a difficult time being optimistic or positive.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah it’s pathetic.
    Can’t even come here and celebrate the win with fellow Steelers fans without a handful of people ruining it.

like we don’t know we’re not a dominant team.
    Like we don’t know we have depth problems at certain positions.
    The list goes on.
    We’re finding ways to win in a season most thought would be terrible.

Can we just have a moment after the win to enjoy it?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Esiason is a member of this board? Weird, he'll always be a Bengal to me!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    News flash Glenn... you are just as negative as anyone else actually - probably more so... you just direct your negativity to other people for voicing their opinions vs the team or players. You clearly have a hard time with people that don't share your thoughts. I hope you are not a boss of anyone. yikes.

You don't seem to care either way if we win or lose so it's puzzling why you would even be on here critiquing everyone's posts for not enjoying it how you want them to. Is being the Positive policeman fun? If anyone dares to voice an opinion that is critical you go after the person posting rather than actually debate with facts, opinions, or just engage in actual discussion. After all that is the purpose of a message board isn't it? maybe I'm wrong?

See most fans, especially the one's crazy enough to post their thoughts on a message board dedicated to steeler fanatics (like my self) actually care about winning and believe it or not want to see quality play from their team. So when your team is 5-4, has not won a playoff game in 6 of the last 7 years, and looks to continue the trend of mediocrity it shouldn't be a surprise when the fans might have something "negative" to say. Especially when some people (like my self) actually have positive thoughts about the talent this team has had the last 8 years. It gives me negative thoughts about our coach when the players that I think highly of underachieve. I know this is a crazy concept but it's ok to voice your opinion on a message board. Positive or negative. I actually do both...I'm flexible that way. :)

If you dont think some people are not enjoying them selves the way you would like maybe look in the mirror? Or maybe avoid message boards?

• Like Like x 2
  12. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Well yes being positive is more fun than being negative. Being more optimistic is more enjoyable than being pessimistic in my sports world.

Often times people's opinions are wrong ie Tomlin isn't a good coach. Especially when proved he was/is a good coach over and over again. This is what what happens when people have extreme opinions in sports. There is always room for improvement.

Some people want to give up on Mason already. Especially when considering he still needs time to grow and improve. I understand that he's had some iffy moments. He also had moments where it's understandable why the Steelers shouldn't give up on him to soon.

The problem with your opinion is the Steelers were not mediocre over the past 6 or 7 years. The facts show they were better than mediocre. You choose to focus on the negative that they didn't win a playoff game in X amount of years. How about the fact that they made the playoffs X amount of times over 13 or 14 years? See how that works?

I doubt winning a couple of more playoff games would make you happy anyway. You would just say something like, "they only won X amount of playoff games in X years without winning a SB". Tomlin Sucks.

Just because the team failed to win a championship doesn't mean the season wasn't enjoyable or that the team was a failure.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015

• Like Like x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don’t get it. There are 2 sides of the fence. How is the optimist complaining about the pessimist any different? IMO if you don’t have anything constructive to say about someone’s opinion, maybe it’s best to just skip past it and move along. Like the MODS say attack the argument and not the poster. Root the way you want to root and let others do the same. Don’t tell people how they should go about it or attempt to psychoanalyze their fandom. It’s a message board your entitled to your message.

If it’s that frustrating to listen to people complain then do what’s needed to stay away from the negativity or just don’t pay it any mind.
    This is a phenomenal place to be a part of but when the attacks get personal it makes this a place less enjoyable to frequent. I’ve had fellow posters tell me they sometimes stay away because of some of the rudeness that’s not necessary. If you think it’s tough to come here and hear people complain, it’s even tougher when guys are exchanging insults . IMO there were a couple exchanges that weren’t called for in the game thread. Maybe there’s a way to take a breathalyzer in order to post during the game thread .:hmm:

Long story short, we’re all here because we are Steeler fans. The way you go about expressing your likes or dislikes doesn’t change that. :herewego!:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :thumbs_up::applaud:

16. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    View this video. Prisuta echos your concerns. Hoge disagrees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    How is it different? Showing someone the light vs the dark.

An optimist has hope and believes the team can improve. A pessimist has little to no hope and believes the team can't improve. The optimist tends to be more reasonable. The pessimist is more unreasonable. Even though this team failed to win the Superbowl the pessimist don't appreciate what this organization accomplished.

As a fan of this organization, it's hard for me to simply accept that Tomlin and everybody on the team simply are bad at their jobs. Especially when it's been proven that's not the case. I also recognize that Tomlin, the coaches, and players strive to improve and win every game.

Do you think Tomlin is a mediocre or bad coach?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This is very true and it’s consistently the same people. They just repeats themselves a lot. Mostly because they can’t think of anything new. But all in all it’s not a large number of people.

This is a good forum.

:drinks:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I want the Steelers to win every game. Just think QB position is not playing at the standard. Almost all of this board wanted to trade tomlin to Washington just weeks ago and i got downvoted for saying we should keep him lol. Yinzers still hate Tomlin even if he salvaged a season that not one of you thought was going to end up like this . Mason is not HoF caliber getting held back by the OC. Mason does not have these mythical strengths Randy is holding back. Browns fans are making the same exact excuse for Mayfield right now. Dude can't hit the broad side of a barn half the time so they immediately blame the coach. Copout. Typical yinzer Steeler fans . You're allowed to think some one is not good while at the same time wishing the team success.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    If Mason doesn't improve much by the end of the season the organization will need to consider the future of the position. Ben will be here for at least the 2020 season. They will have more time to buy if Ben plays well enough in 2020 and decides to return for 2021.

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    ive hated on Mason and defended him as well. As it stands he is a game manager to me. Just keep winning

22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Dude. light vs dark? Are you serious? If you’re some kind of motivational speaker great but this is a message board. Like what we say really matters in the grand scheme of things. The sport is entertainment. This board is entertainment. People have opinions. Some you may agree with. Some you don’t . As far as one being more reasonable than the other? It’s simply not true. Sometimes the pessimist has just a good a leg to stand on as the optimist . It’s about expectations, some have high some low. Some are satisfied with whatever. Some want and expect more. I don’t see how either side is wrong. It’s a opinion. Just because you can’t understand how some people feel doesn’t mean your viewpoint is right and theirs is wrong. You should stop trying to push the way you see things on others and just accept everyone has a right to feel how they feel without the psychoanalysis.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    First off you replied to someone else. :facepalm:
    I’m critical of the team also. I’m just not critical 24/7.
    I know full well what a message board is for. Some of you have tried to rewrite the definition.
    I am a boss at work, and I definitely listen to people’s concerns and work hard to solve issues. I do and have had some guys over the years that complain nonstop over the same bs. After a while they have to be told to stop with the negativity. Or they’re shown the door.

We have a lot of issues that need to be addressed with this team. A lot of them are not able to happen during the season.
    In a season full of problems can’t we just enjoy it when we pull out a win?

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Im enjoying the heck out of this season. All expectations went out the window when Ben was lost for the season.

To find ourselves at 5-4 with a rookie QB (playing better than he is getting credit for) and a defense that is lighting up opponents being the most pleasant of all surprises, heck yeah I'm enjoying this.

I'm finding very little to complain about this season and just enjoying the ride :herewego!:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Busman.

Yes, I keep saying that Mason has "Grit". He is well-poised from my optics. I would like to know what the team thinks about him in general. Does he have "Command" as you say so? I think the team probably feels as you do and you can put me down for a "Yay" on that vote as well. I have stated numerous times here that his current stats show that he is performing at an above average level given this point in time. So far, no major complaints from me. STEELWINDS

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.