1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank goodness for Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Nov 11, 2019.

1. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    QBs are now looking for him on the field, how long has it been since that happened? On another note, Terrell Edmunds is just plain bad, his coverage skills are beyond poor. His pass break-up in the end zone should have been a PI, I was holding my breath, he never, ever turns to find the ball.

I'm amazed that adding 1 guy can make such a huge difference, this game they actually played a full 4 quarters, it was a thing of beauty to watch pass break ups and run stopping with a slim lead late in the game. I hope they can continue at that level, now someone please hide the butter from the receivers and TEs, even when they would catch the ball they fumbled it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, there's no question that it was a great move to get Fitzpatrick. He's making watching Steelers defense exciting again, along with Watt, Dupree (finally), Bush, and a few others.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Edmunds is the only guy on our secondary that has no ball awareness.... What is so hard about turning around..........

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Probably saved the season. Not saying we are going to the playoffs but at least keeping it interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    Yup, this is the first time in like 10 years i take my piss break when offense is on field........ And to all the fools out there saying the mikna trade was horrible ask them what they would give for a 22 year old ed reed cause thats what this kid reminds me of..........

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I also have to say, Hayden stepped up last night. I loved when the Steelers picked him up, but he kind of disappeared this year, but last night he was great. It looked like the D players are getting excited and that enthusiasm is spreading among them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Minkah was rated and hailed by many as the highest Defensive Back overall by many heading into the 2018 NFL Draft. His instincts, Football IQ and ball skills were praised as arguably the best in the class. Only Quenton Nelson was viewed as highly thought of in terms of Football IQ and instincts but also as a "Zero Bust Propsect". As such, his "Bust Probability" was very slim to non existent as the only way to use him incorrectly is moving him around so much.....

[​IMG]

.... Oh wait.

Since arriving to Pittsburgh, Mike Tomlin has unlocked virtually 100% of Minkah's abilities. The only remaining aspect for Minkah is to maintain his consistency; a trait he was also viewed as arguably the best in his class overall. Minkah has been everything I thought he could be if given the chance and more. Given what I have seen thus far, his rookie campaign included, Minkah has the potential to surpass Ed Reed as the best pure Free Safety to ever lace them up.

By the way... yes, I just said that.

As for Terrell, what I am seeing from Terrell is what I saw from Bud Dupree in years one and two. There is improvement there but some of the issues still remain. Ball tracking, situational awareness, field vision and proper tackling still appear to be an issue for him although not as much as it was in his rookie season. Given the fact that he has only played Strong Safety essentially for three years, it is going to take some time for him.

That said, I do fear that, like Dupree, by the time Terrell's mental aspect has caught up with his physical gifts (which are special indeed), it will be too little too late. It has nothing to do with him improving like Bud did either. Safeties like Derwin James and Minkah himself are going to reset the Safety Market.... BIG TIME.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Minkah is my new hero but he has put picking up Steve Nelson in fa on the back burner. Acquiring Nelson has improved our secondary tremendously also.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Nelson has been fantastic. He doesn't get the headlines Minkah does, and they're earned, but he's been lock-down. If Haden is back to being Haden, which I think he may have finally recovered from his injury, we're going to be REALLY scary to face moving forward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016

Yup nelson has been great

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

:thumbs_up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He's the NFL leader in int's. When have that happened? But, they still have him in dolphin colors

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Mel Blount led the league in picks in 1975 with 11. Just think the first game this season against Tom Brady we had Kam Kelly starting at free safety. I think we upgraded the position since then. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Minkah is now our best offensive player...lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    do we have the best secondary in the league?

17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Definitely the best safety.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    "Even Mike Tomczak didn't want to wear a Mike Tomczak jersey.":lollmao:

19. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The Edmunds brothers. One doesn't know where the receiver is and the other doesn't know where the hole is. One can't follow a receiver and the other can't follow the fullback.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Tremaine Edmunds cannot follow fullbacks?! Very interesting statement here. Care to elaborate?!?!

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

One of I would say. Not too sure about the best overall. Baltimore has quite the argument there.

• Like Like x 1
  22. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    It's almost like this guy is on a one man mission to screw over the dolphins draft plans....

PicsArt_11-12-06.43.54.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  23. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Sometimes, not always, but sometimes a guy like this elevates everyone around him, even on offense. Enthusiasm can be contagious and is added by wins. Now we play a sub 500 team to test this theory on a short week. God only knows what, if any, game prep they'll have. Beat the stains and shut Garretts pie hole up.

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed he is although I believe he is playing at a high level because he has been put in the best position to succeed. Minakh is definitely on a mission. Any motivation is good though.

Laremy Tunsil appears to be doing the same aspect. Off topic I know but Houston has been on a tear since he joined. For that matter, since then, DeShaun Watson is no longer getting beat up week in and week out.

25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Huh?! What did Myles say?! I did not hear anything from him.