1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Switzer...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It's comical at this point :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I'll take Awful for 100 Alex.

3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Some :beee:

• Like Like x 3
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He’s a 1 trick pony without the 1 trick. I didn’t realize STs wasn’t a important part of the game. I guess it’s wrong to some to expect more from the position. It makes less sense to defend him unless you are happy with below the line performance because that’s what he offers.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe part of the problem is that, with our punt coverage, he HAS to fair catch the ball.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    He needs to go. Other than being able to fair catch he brings nothing. Final straw was yesterday. He finally returns one, he could of easily got 7-10 yards but he tries to make a play and reverse the field he went not where, put the ball on the 5 yard line then we take a safety.

He only ever did good, and it was a few plays with Big Ben. But, there was also AB, Conner, and Juju, taking coverage of defensive players so of course he would be open a few times.

With a struggling offense, you need a guy back there who is treat to score points, and Ryan Switzer is not that guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    That return was brutally bad. He started doing the right thing and would have at least gotten to the 10 but then suddenly decided he was a playmaker. He isn't and never will be. Dude is so freaking limited athletically. He is slow, sluggish, and goes down at first contact. His only possible use is to fair catch. I almost peed myself laughing when the announcer said the Mason lost another weapon on offense because Switzer was out.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    What weapon would that be a spit wad shooter?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Yes, and our punt return team knows he is going to call a fair catch but yet at least half of the time someone gets called for an illegal block in the back knowing full well he isn't going to run it anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Does any team really have a return guy who is effective anymore? At least he fields the kicks and punts and never fumbles. Goodell and the idiots who run the rules have destroyed the return game. No one has a return game anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Your right in that regard. Rules have destroyed return games. Then even if you get a returned punt 50% shot there is either a block in the back or holding.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

This right here, Switz is suppose to be a vet and to go backwards and put us in the position was bad.

13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Bla bla bla, whine whine whine. Did you watch the game? Did you see him turn the ball over? Did you see the other great receivers fumble? Did they short arm passes? He tried to make a play and didn't. But the safety wasn't on him. Not 1% his fault. He isn't the ONLY returner to ever FC on the 5. He isn't the ONLY returner to try and field a punt on the 5 and make something of it. But yes, please condemn him for not gaining an extra 3 yards.

Enough already with his bashing. We have plenty of mistakes and shortcomings at every single position on the roster to complain about if we so choose. Switzer's field position hasn't kept our offense from being successful. Or do you want to blame him for the defense getting turnovers and the offense going 3 and out? Do you want to blame him for OL breakdowns? How about missed tackles?

As pathetic as you all seem to think he is, he's probably 10 times the athlete you all will ever be, so deal with it.

14. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    So your 'defense' of Switzer is that other guys have also sucked and none of us could do better. Ok then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Bla bla bla keep sticking up for him........bla bla bla.....the proof is in the play and he don't have any. And if it makes ya feel better since I am here posting on a message board and never played pro ball I would hope that Switz is a better athlete then I will ever be............but if that is all you have enjoy man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Dear Mrs. Switzer....I think Ryan needs you in this moment of crisis. Stop whining about people’s opinions and see to your boy.

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah I would agree pretty pathetic response, I would say. At least we didn’t get another JUJU and Pizza Hut analogy,so I’m thankful for that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I was really hoping Switzer would be another Wes Welker. Guess it ain't gonna happen!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    So I guess the guy who makes 10 good plays and 1 bad one is the same as the guy who makes 0 good plays and 1 terrible one that could of cost us the game. That makes sense to me :shrug: He has 1 job and he’s not very good at it. How dare we point that out though....

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Shows you how much pull Ben has, he's pretty much been removed completely from the passing game since Ben went down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    John Holmes also had 10 times the johnson I have. This must be why I'm not in XXX movies either.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    One of our guys fumbled a kick and recovered it (Johnson?) and I was immediately thinking put Switzer back in there. He is a one trick pony, but just one fumble that is lost during a kick off or punt can cost a game. I think we need him until we can find somebody else with sure hands. Despite his poor returns, I think his job actually got a little safer yesterday as disgusting as that may be. Seems to be a totally unsatisfactory situation we are stuck with.

23. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I was hoping for the same thing. And no, he's not Weshe is what he is, a sure-handed, undersized receiver/returner. He is dependable and a good teammate. (No, I have no way of knowing that, but I'm going to say it anyway)

I just can't fathom why small-minded people want to hate on someone who has done nothing but do what they were asked. But hey, I guess Steeler fans can hate on Steelers and be as negative and offputting as possible just because they choose to. It's sad, really.

24. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Either that, or you're ugly.

And a quick bit of math says that if John Holmes's johnson was supposedly 12" and it was 10 times yours...12/10=1.2

1.2"

Sucks to be you. Maybe that's why you're so cranky?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  25. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    He was serviceable when AB and JuJu had to be accounted for and the running game was "better." He wasn't ever going to stretch the field, but he picked up critical yards when called on. Even if he was all the crap that people say about him, you knew that if we needed 5 yards for a first down, he was going to catch what was thrown to him and move the chains.

• Agree Agree x 2