1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Conner will likely return against Brownies, sources say

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Nov 11, 2019.

1. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017

This would be HUGE for Pittsburgh.

• Like Like x 3
  2. uncblue012

Aug 11, 2017

Ramos Foster seems to be a-go as well. News on Nix and Snell isn't as good. We really need Nix back as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Without Nix in there, not sure what difference James C will make in the offense. Stocked up on crow sliders just in case. I'm thinking what we've seen the last 4 games is what we'll see the remainder of this season. Adequate O and superb D. It's the special teams that need to be cinched up that will tip the scales.

4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    And will be out again vs the brownies I'd imagine in 2 weeks

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Gonna be tough to run on Browns.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Good, because I'm tired of watching Edmunds miss open holes :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    We just need healthy rb's. Getting him back might not make much a difference in production, but it certainly is nice to have another live body to throw in there.

As the reigns come off MR and his accuracy (hopefully) gets better, defenses will loosen up a bit. The run game will benefit from a more effective passing game. I think that's coming.

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was thinking the same thing. I love having JC back in the lineup, but he's developed an 'unhealthy' pattern in his availability.

9. uncblue012

Aug 11, 2017
    My thoughts exactly. I'll take JC back there over any of the other guys. He won't miss the wide-open holes we have the last two weeks.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is good.We will need him.

11. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I love Conner I mean how can u not with the stuff he's been through and being a pitt guy, but he's completely unreliable to me and they should prob look to sign someone in the offseason because changes are he'll be hurt again next year

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hell Walter Peyton couldn't run through the holes
    The holes aren't there to run through. What games have you guys been watching?
    MT brings this up early last week saying we are losing the LOS battles on both sides of
    the ball why can't you people get this through your heads?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What the heck are you watching? Edmunds had a walk in TD against the Colts, he went to the wrong hole, DeCastro looked back at him with a look what the hell are you doing. Edmunds also missed a hole against the Rams, he could've had a larger gain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Edmunds is terrible. He had one big run that was all blocking, but he misses openings constantly. Getting Conner back is a huge upgrade.

They really do need Nix back as well. He is a hell of a blocker and missing him takes lots of options away from the offense.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Steelersfan19

Steelersfan19 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    OH, THANK GOODNESS! He's my fantasy RB.

16. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey uncblue012.

That is great news.

Veering off here for a second. Ian R. is a complete A-wipe. I just do not like the guy and for the most part any of the talking heads on the NFL Network. Sometimes they are so eager to report something before they get all of the facts. I think he did it before to our beloved Steelers.

Man. the caffeine from my Starbucks' drink has me a little fired up this morning. That morning crew is a joke as are most analysts across the board are on the 101 or so sports talk shows out there. I really avoid them at all costs. I miss the days of getting up and changing the TV channel dial and computer technology is one of my teaching certifications. Sorry, everyone for veering off a little here. The next time I want to watch one of these shows is when we win the Super Bowl. Sorry if I hijacked the thread in part. STEELWINDS

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    I personally don't feel like this is all that big of a deal. It seems like RB's are quite replaceable because what really matters is having an O-line that can open up holes large enough that even I could look good out there

18. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    On the bright side w/ our RB's sucking and some thinking the O-line not creating holes (which I don't agree with actually) at least defenses can't key on one aspect of our inept offense. Wanna shut down our run? Well guess what we can't throw the ball either! ha ha!

I seriously don't understand why opponents haven't just blitzed us on every snap. Mason craps his pants when the pocket collapses, WR's can't catch, and RB's can't find holes so if it's not a sack it's probably a run for a loss. With Mason's tendency to hold the ball too long it's an easy sack and likely more turnovers. See I'm a fair critic when it comes to coaches. MT is not the only moron out there. That fake punt by the Rams was classic. Watching the last 2-3 teams rush 3 or 4 defenders when we have a QB that can't make quick reads makes me laugh. Seems kinda too obvious, if your goal is to pressure the bad QB into making mistakes. As long as you keep a safety or LB on our RB's in case we hit them with that surprise dump off pass 2 yards behind the LOS I don't see the risk in selling out the blitz. At least until Mason can prove he's actually able to hit a WR 20 yards down field why not?

The key to our running game will be the passing game. I didn't think this was so complicated but just about any nfl defense can stop the run if they have no worries that your passing game will work. Any average defense can handle our WR's one on one or zone w/ 1 deep safety. Last year Ben, Brown and JuJu would exploit any defense trying the BS we see now. We are making it too easy. If Mason only had the ability to find the 1 on 1 coverage deep and make an accurate pass things would be different.

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    You and I must have watched different games in 2018. The offense with Ben, Brown and JuJu was very inconsistent. Inconsistent enough for the Steelers to lose 4 of the last 6 games, barely beating a terrible Bengals team at home in the season finale.

Personally, I'd rather scrape by and win ugly with Rudolph.... than watch Roethlisberger throw 30 yard incompletions down field on 3rd and 2 and LOSE the game.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Huge if he's actually healthy and can play at a high level. Not so huge if he's coming back injured. Smells like a decoy , hope he's actually back cause god knows we need him.

21. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The problem with his return is, no one else gets any game time experience.

Then he’s hurt and no one is ready.

Gotta rotate whoever is available.

22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    we had brown and ben in philly 2016, scored 3 points. had the 3 b's in 2016 vs dolphins scored only 15, etc. we would get shut down

23. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Of course, winning is better, but the offense isn't the reason this team is winning games now.

It is a serious reach to put losing four out of six late last season on the offense, which was a hell of a lot better than what the Steelers have now.

They scored 28 points at New Orleans in one loss. They scored 30 in the loss to the Chargers, which was a ridiculous collapse by the defense.

They played all but one drive of the second half without Roethlisberger in the loss to the Raiders. The one real offensive stinker in those losses was in Denver, when they moved it all day, but turnovers killed them.

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Exactly... don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for what Roethlisberger has done for the Steelers throughout his career, but he's not the QB he was 10-12 years ago. That... and the recent playoff losses to the Jaguars and Patriots were partially his fault along with the inept wet-paper-napkin D.

• Like Like x 1