1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Out of Shape

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PitJax, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

No it doesnt take years to aclimate, if it did half of Denvers team would have been gassed, it just takes a week or two, I was in the Army at Carson in the 60s for a couple of years and after 2 weeks I was aclimated, I even went to the summit of Pikes peak and didnt have any breathing problem, of course at my age now it would probably kill me...

2. 7+83=7

7+83=7 Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree...I mentioned earlier of how Gilbert sat down to get looked at and rolls of fat got in the way. I understand they are not tightends...but some of our linemen are heavy...not just big.

3. 7+83=7

7+83=7 Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That is why some past great athletes train there..aka Bettis, Armstrong, Tomlinson,etc

4. 7+83=7

7+83=7 Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Amen

5. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I also thought Timmons and Worilds looked like they were pulling some extra weight around the belt. But I feel like by now I am used to seeing a couple players out of shape at the beginning of the year.

6. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

STEELWARRIOR had the post stating he never got used to it after being stationed there a few years. I am an athletic guy and a runner, but never tried to run in high altitude so I can't confirm nor deny. We have differing opinions and contradicting experiences here. If you really can acclimate in just a few weeks it would explain why the Broncos don't seem phased by it. Most of those guys don't live and train there in the off season. If it really takes longer than that it would point to our team having the glaring conditioning problem.
    I don't know what to believe, but I stand confused to why a guy with a wrist issue couldn't run and bike and come into his playing time w/out the gut. I don't remember Worilds ever looking like that before.

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

WHo said anything about years?

8. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry but some of our guys look more like sumo wrestlers than football players. Thankfully they wear pants and not a cloth g string. And by the way, last time I checked, fat is not caused by thin air.

9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers are not out of shape.
    I used to run 5 miles a day. Mount FUJI still kicked my ass
    High thin air zapps you when you do not live there
    You all saw the first half as the Quiptown boy says
    STOP IT!

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Camp Cup cake! LOL Just kidding?