1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

one game and.....THE SKY IS FALLING

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by va.STEEL, Sep 12, 2012.

1. va.STEEL

va.STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Do I think we looked good the other night......no
    look,we have a nes oc that has put his stamp on the game and we're getting use to it,we had a couple of starters out on D,the backup are backups for a reason,they're not quite as good as the starters,if they were they would be starting.Our Oline isn;t the one we had planed on,guys missing,guys playing out of position.T'm not making excuses,but just stating some facts.

:herewego!: :steelflag: :herewego!:

2. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    The sky is not FALLING..........it has already fell. Buckle up gang, this is gonna be a wild ride this year. I know some of you may question my fan hood but that's okay, I wish I had Rosie glasses to cover this mess up too but what I'm seeing aint good and the Homer in me is not feeling it. I will be cheering the boys on none the less.
    Go Steelers!!!!

3. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Must consider all things!

No Clark, Harrison, missing oline players, even the pick 6 and Payton Manning who a lot on this board now worship took the lead in the second half and the game at one point could have went either way.... Steelers just need to make sure the Broncos will have to come to Pittsburgh in the playoffs and that would by focusing on the games ahead

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Th sky is falling!! I wouldn't have cared if they played lights out and lost. They looked confused and unprepared for the start of the season...AGAIN!

This crap is unacceptable! @ years in a row they looked like garbage the first game and this year they "supposedly" had a chip on thier shoulder from the play-off loss. Didn't see it!

Ike was DT's ***** again! Troy was out of position on multiple plays. The O-line fell apart...AGAIN! All on National TV when they had the chance to say "Look! Last years Play-offs were a fluke! We're still a powerhouse and we've reloaded!" They let DT look like an All-pro receiver again.

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

:this!:

6. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    :this!: and would add that I believe this is as much on our coaches as it it on our players.

7. bigdaddyK

bigdaddyK Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Yeah I mean we suck going to Denver. The last game I rember us winning there was in 2005. We lost to a 1st ballot Hof that was able to play chess with Troy cause his secruity blanket Clark can not play in the altitude. We had a shot to win on the road which is extremly hard to do in the nfl that is all you can ask for. last season we lost 35.7 and still finished 12/4.

you win your 8 homes split on the road bam 12/4.

8. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    winning our 8 at home is a tall order.

9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The Sky is Falling is a fairly standard Steeler Nation response to a loss, any loss, any time, any season.

But take heart, if the beat the Jets soundly, the pendelum will swing the other way. And the home team will be the greatest assemblage of Football power ever amassed.

The Sky is Falling this week, but win on Sunday and it will be The Sky's the Limit.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Guess the nine of us coming up from St. Louis for the Steelers vs. Eagles game might as well cancel now. :facepalm:

11. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Great post AFan!!
    I couldn't agree more.

12. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It's really too bad. I thought we might do something this season. Now I know we won't. What a shame. Since our season is over, we should just lose to the Jets on purpose to help their standing against the Patriots. Nah, we don't have to do that since we won't be beating them anyway. We can't stop the run, or pass, the entire defense is Swiss cheese, we have no running game, our new OC is a disaster, our DC is so out of touch that we were the best defense in the league last year, but only "statistically," and he did have most of his starters. He's too old and out of touch and everyone's figured him out. We haven't selected a single decent draft pick in 5 years...

13. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree Snack.. In fact I think we will probably lose all 16 games.
    Atleast we'll have the #1 pick but then again we miss on most of our high draft picks anyway..

14. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    100% correct.. but.. i must add. if we lose this week.. the sky will fall...

HINES

15. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    the problem is .. clark never plays in denver and IF we do make the playoffs and IF we do play in denver we dont have ryan again.. and we WILL lose again without him...
    harrison... if that was a one game miss we are fine... but its not.. he misses a lot anymore.. i fear this is his last season and we have no one to replace him which was evident this week...
    missing OL.. thats every week.. has been every week for about 7 years.. the OL has not been the same since we left fanaca walk..
    dont think the broncos wil be coming to the burg for a playoff game.. they wil be division winners and we will be a wild card at best.. so there is no chance they come ot the burg..

HINES

16. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Good point.

DeCastro was struggling to adapt to the pros before getting hurt, and he might never be the same.
    Heyward hasn't shown us anything yet and couldn't even unseat lousy old Ziggy. Waste.
    Pouncey is always hurt and according to ProFootballFocus is average at best, on a good day.
    Ziggy gets completely dominated on basically every play.
    Mendenhall is soft, won't stop dancing, is afraid of contact, and fumbles all the time.
    Timmons struggles against the run, in pass coverage, and isn't a good starting OLB. Even if he's a good starter at ILB, that's not good enough for his draft status.
    Holmes was hugely responsible for us getting to / winning a Super Bowl, but we had to trade him for Antonio Brown and Bryant McFadden, so :thumbsdown:
    Miller is only like the 26th best TE in the league according to every football expert in the world. We should have drafted Coby Fleener.
    Roethlisberger is horribly inconsistent. Accused of rape twice. Never throws the ball. Can't read defenses. Can't make throws from inside the pocket.
    Polamalu can't cover (my favorite) and is hurt a lot.
    Simmons fizzled out with injuries.
    Hampton is a two down player and fat tub of lard.
    Burress almost shot his wiener off.

Just ONCE I'd like to make a good pick in the first round.

:cry:

17. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We need to forfeit this season and look to next!

Man, it looks like the Steelers should just call it a day with this season. Haley apparently needs fired after 1 game, DL's defense can no longer stop the run or the pass, our #1 WR has zero skill set except for speed, Timmons & Woodley were terrible picks, Ben is barely an average QB who is too predictable with his snap count, our CB's can't cover anyone, our first 2 picks in this seasons draft are already busts, Tomlin isn't "dominant" enough and has a "just enough to win" attitude, the Ravens will walk all over us, our o-line is the only one in the league with issues, and obviously the sky is falling after 1 game.

Why go on? :shrug:

18. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Re: We need to forfeit this season and look to next!

The Pirates have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl.

19. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

to try to minimize these problems and find some solutions ? :shrug:

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    You forgot Ben lets the play clock go to zero on every play lol

Bman

21. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011

I know, us Steelers fans are so spoiled. People must have forgot how bad the 1998-2000 seasons were and the 2003 season.

22. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Quoted for Truth

Despite that, we played them close and if the D stepped up at least one more time, we probably had the win. We have a lot of major questions about the defense extending beyond this season. I am happy with the offense which is set for the next 2-4 years.

The Sky is not falling, just a little overcast at the moment.

23. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'm with the majority in this thread. Let's face it. We suck. We'll be fighting for last place with the Clowns this year. We'll have a top 5 pick in the draft next year and every NFL fan in America will be laughing at our team. I think I'm going to switch and become a soccer fan.

Will someone please email me when we get good again?

24. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    If we lose this week, I will stress, but I have us going 12-4 this year, while getting healthier as the year goes on. DeCastro will be back. Sylvester will be back. Harrison and Worilds will get better with playing. Adams will get experience. I had the game down as a loss, it was mostly about HOW we lost that frustrated me. You CANNOT give up 70 some yard TDs on a short pass. You cannot underthrow the ball toward the endzone when the TE is completely wide open. You can't force the ball to your receiver. Reverse the outcome on those 3 plays...and that game was different.

1. Let's just assume Ben doesn't do anything stupid and throw that INT for a TD. He forced it as he was desperate to make a play.

2. Even if you assume that they still get a TD out of that drive where Thomas runs the whole way, the momentum shift associated with it goes away.

3. Add 4 points to our total with a TD rather than a FG on that one possession. What do you have? What you end up with is teams which don't go for 2 point conversions and a tie game with US having the ball with 3 minutes left. Ben doesn't get desperate to "make a play" and he doesn't throw the INT. That one play from my perspective was the LARGEST game changer and it was the first points on the board. The

25. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    No the sky isn't falling but our inability to get off to a good start is depressing. What is evident is that we do not have Clarks replacement on the team. The same goes for Harrison. Our D-line looked pathetic, no penetration we could'nt stop a cold let alone a running back and we got zero pressure on Peyton. That said, Peyton is who we thought he is a hall of famer who took us to school.

Our offense in the first was run up the middle twice and then throw (Talk about predictable). our oline looked bad but given the injuries I'm overlooking that for now. Ben looked decent. Antonio and Wallace both looked decent as well. Redman, well he stunk and Dwyer wasn't much better. Some of this could be attributatted to the line though (So go easy on me PWP).

We need to get mad and I like the responses from Woodley and Harrison. With Clark comming back and god willing Troy plays we should be alot better this week. I am very leary of our secondaries inability to cover. I'm just a fan and i don't have the insight that alot of the people here have but these are my observations. I should point out that I havent missed a Steeler game in more than ten years.

Let hope we play angry and get healthy. I still feel that we are bound for a 12-4 season but hey I feel that way every year. We are the Pitsburgh Steelers not some crappy team like the mistake by the lake. It's time to Buck up boys and play like Mean Joe and Lambert!!!!!