1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

SIMPLE yes or NO, do you enjoy watching Steeler D?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    NO. I enjoyed it much better when we were the Blitzburgh Steelers.

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yes when we are not playing a top tier qb
    No when we are playing a top tier qb

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  4. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Agreed!

5. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I don't anymore, because I never know what to expect. It seems like they have the same gameplan for every game. If it works - we crush them. If it doesn't - we lose.

Also - it seems like we're NEVER prepared for the no huddle when a team goes to it in the middle of the game (or sometimes even the 2:00 offense). When a team goes to the no-huddle, I always figure either they will make a mistake resulting in a turnover, or they're going to score. I don't know how many times I've yelled at the T.V. "STOP THEM AND GET OFF THE FIELD!"

6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
  7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I sure used to. Most of my friends that are fans of other teams seem to enjoy watching offense but not pay attention as much to when their favorite team is playing defense. I've always looked forward to watching the Steelers D play as much as (and sometimes more than) the offense. There's nothing quite as exciting as seeing a great tackle, an amazing Troy interception, or big sacks on good QBs.

But I have to be honest, I just don't enjoy it much these last couple of years.

Sorry, that wasn't a simple Yes or No answer, but it's not really a simple answer for me.

8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This. In 2008 I didn't even know we had an offence because I didn't care one bit about it. I loved watching our defence destroy other teams and single handedly win us games. We were mean, hard hitting and intense. Now, our defence is a borderline joke. We're soft, we don't play with any intensity, we don't cause turnovers. Like Stokely said about our defence, we do the same thing all game long. Lebeau hasn't adjusted since last year and apparently doesn't make half time adjustments either.

10. FeartheBeard

Oct 26, 2011

Yep. :clapping:

11. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No, I have high blood pressure and can't take it anymore! Last year it was the offense I thought would do me in, this year looks like it will be the defense. Next year (if I survive) the special teams will have their shot. :kapow:

12. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I was spoiled growing up with the Steel Curtain defense. I'd rather watch a great D than a great offense. Sure, we've had bad years. But more often than not, if you wanted to see aggressive, hard hitting, QB harrassing, turnover forcing defense, the Steelers had it.

Lately? Not really.

So I guess my answer is no.

I'll also cop to being stubborn and set in my ways. I don't like change. ;)

13. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with this post. QB's like Manning seem to know exactly how to deal with DL's schemes. We will still give most offenses fits though. Luckily there aren't very many QB's in or near Mannings class. ;-)

14. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011

that is my biggest problem with this team. they dont make adjustments. that staff might be one of the worst in game coaching staffs in the NFL. i am curious to see how Haley adjusts. one game doesnt show me enough.

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    the friggin league has taken away the way defense should be played by the steelers for 40 years. most rule changes were because of us. the league is getting what they want, more scoring. so now DLB can't coach? nobody was saying that last year against the patriots. :hmmm:

my answer is yes. i will always love watching them, good seasons or bad.

:cool:

16. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

My thoughts exactly!
    Roger Gooddell has handcuffed all defenses so that we will never see the hard hitting, crushing, brutal attacks on offensive players ever again. What can LeBeau do? Either set them loose and keep giving up 1st downs due to roughing calls or adjust to a more friendly game.

Did anyone see the Raven CB Blitzer cleanly hit Dalton on MNF with a text book style tackle with his head avoiding the mid section and yet they were called with a 15 yard roughing penalty?

Simply put the days of aggressive style play are long behind us thanks to Roger and his (please play nice) league.

My answer is obviously no. I don't like the new style defense but the Steelers and all other agressive defensive style teams are clearly handcuffed.

17. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

I was saying it last year as well. The patriots game was luck. They caught them after a bye and had a good game plan. How can you control Tom Brady and come back and look like do do against Tim Tebow. Amazing.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

whole different style to defend. tebow and the bronco's got very lucky. all the tendencies and film on tebow up to that point says he's running out of that pocket. we were ready for that. we weren't ready for him to throw the ball up for grabs and complete near everyone he threw up.

DLB can put them in the right position, but he can't make them make the play every time. we have good athletes but you can't coach instincts into players. have you ever seen ziggy jump over the line like troy? does DLB teach them all to do that? well he used to until casey tried it and crushed that udfa from podunk u. but......

the other teams watch film on our defense too.
    :cool:

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  20. FeartheBeard

Oct 26, 2011

I dont even care if we win, as long we play a good, competitive game. Obviously I would prefer if we won though.

21. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Absolutely yes, win or lose, good or bad their my team and im loyal. By the end of a game im either going to have finger nails or not, but hey gotta whole week for them to grow back and it starts all over again :rawk:

22. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I used to. Now I DVR the game and watch it delayed, that way I can fast forward when the other team marches down the field going through our soft D like a knife through butter. Happens way to much these days.

23. SteelerLady

SteelerLady Active Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Yes and no. Always excited and hopeful..sometimes disappointed.

24. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    no because our defense now is essentially troy ,

25. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    And you don't enjoy watching that?

My answer is yes! I love every play! Well, every play before it starts.