1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NEWS FLASH: Latest Power Ranking, Steelers have sank!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by edog55, Sep 11, 2012.

1. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    How can we be among the Lions, Jets, Eagles, and Redskins, a wilderness?
    They listed the Bears and Falcons above us, its embarrassing I'm eating much crow becase of the Denver game. People couldn't wait to call my phone and rub it in because the Redskins won big. If we lose to the REDSKINS, I will have to leave town!

The latest power rankings: 1 - 49er's, 2 - Patriots, 3 - Texans.
    4 - Ravens, 5 - Bears, 6 - Green Bay, 7 - Falcons, 8 - Broncos, 9 - Cowboys, 10 - Giants, 11 - Lions, 12 - Steelers, 13 - Jets,
    14 - Eagles, 15 - Redskins.

They got to redeem themselves and rise above the wilderness that they are in.

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    News flash: we lost. That's how it works.

Those things are stupid anyway. There is nothing less meaningful. The Giants probably would have been in the 8-10 range most of last year.

I remember each ESPN analyst made his own the night we won the Super Bowl after the '05 season, and we were only #1 on like two out of five lists. A bunch of people had the Colts, Patriots, and Broncos ahead of us. Teams that we'd just beaten. And none of the teams had changed yet. It's not like this was post-FA and draft. This was the night we won. People will think what they want.

Anyway, I wouldn't put us too high right now myself. If we were fully healthy? I'd say we could beat anyone. But if we're beat up, we need to play a pretty perfect game to beat the good teams.

3. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I wonder what the Steelers power ranking was in 2005 when they dropped three straight. Power rankings are like Q.B. ratings. Useless.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we are down alot of key players at this point. take them off of those teams and i would bet they struggle a little also. we are also fairly young at some spots. :cool:

5. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Not sure why fans get bent outta shape over power rankings. Games are not won based on power rankings. I stopped paying attention to power rankings years ago.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I can't stop laughing, this actually upsets you????

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    But... but... how are we going to get in the BCS game if...

Oops. Nevermind. ;)

Just one more reason the NCAA needs playoffs. Enough with this ranking nonsense. It's even polluting the NFL.

8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    when you see the Bears ahead of GB you know this is full of :bscow:

9. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I would not be shocked at all if the Bears beat GB tomorrow night.

10. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm surprised were ranked as high as 12th. But regardless, these rankings are meaningless. The only ranking that matters is the final one.