1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bud Dupree AFC player of the week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Nov 6, 2019.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    • Like Like x 4
  2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    And Artie Burns got the game ball for not getting burned for a td on the one play he was in on defense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Let me help this struggle thread...

4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    He's having a great year compared to his previous play. I know he's playing for a contract, but I hope he keeps it up.

5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    People are wearing coats in hades now that this happened. Good to see that he has the potential to do good things.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    All the haters must be kicking their dogs right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Way to go Bud. Never thought I would see this day. Go get em Bud!!!

8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Bush and Bud have now won AFC DPOW. It would be nice if Watt could get one too so that we would have 3 LBers winning during the season. I'm not sure if that was ever done before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I was critical of Bud Dupree last season. He is playing better than last season. Great job.

10. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Yeah but as soon as he lands his next contract it's back to coasting.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :applaud:

A bit of a shame we cannot keep him. Great work Bud! Well earned! Keep up the good work!!

12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    What I'd like to know is..... where was this sh!t 3 years ago? When the D was getting torched on a regular basis.

Congrats to Bud... but I'm pissed that he didn't produce like a 1st round draft pick until his contract year. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    A lot of this could have to do with who his LB coach was. Remember, he was a project coming out of college. Physical freak but raw.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Could be team chemistry is changing allowing talent to take effect and defences having more difficulty compensating. Could be the cream is rising to the top. Could be.

15. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Before the season started, a lot of fan were complaining that Dupree was being overpaid this year ($9M).

Hope he has a great year, even if that means he will be on another team next year.
    He will have outplayed his contract this year, and the Steelers will get a high comp pick next year.

16. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm not going to try and solve the formula that led to his production this season. It's beyond my level of comprehension. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the math.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Why did he wait until a contract year to earn his paycheck?

I’m not impressed.

If he had played this year like he did previous years then I would give him credit for giving his best. But to decide to get motivated in a contract year, after milking years of an NFL contract, that’s unethical and low.

This cat has shown his spots. Do not sign him to a long term contract.

Woodley.2:puking2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That's a very big assumption when there could be many factors that lead to his improvement. Perhaps we should stop just short of trying to read the minds of the players.

19. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Bud has finally figured it out that a wide speed rush with no rip and no dip doesn't work.

Suddenly he is going inside or getting under the tackle like 92 used to do, not sure if its the contract year thing or he is getting better coaching from someone.

He always had a good motor and gave good effort chasing down running backs but it has taken him years to develop new pass rushing moves. Maybe he is learning from Watt because both are attacking the ball not the QB when they get close. Bud even hesitated until the QB raised his arm before chopping down on it.

The way he is playing now for the right price I would bring him back but he will most likely get more from a lesser team and be average on a bad team.

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Buds having a good season so far but I don't see it translating to a huge payday. 1 good season in 4?

I know all it takes is one team but I don't see anyone breaking the bank for him.

He'll test the market and if the Steelers decide they want him, I think they will be able to work it out.

21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Too many teams with salary cap excess that don't know how to spend it. He will price himself out of Pittsburgh next year if he gets to 10 sacks.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Entirely possible but hope not. Shortage of draft picks, don't need to be using one on OLB if we can avoid it.

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Agree about the draft picks. I hope they go offense early.

Edit: another Bellcow in the 2nd would suit me.

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm going to agree with scribe on this. There could be many reasons why he has improved but every one is focusing on the contract year. I remember when it was commonplace for guys to take 3 to 4 years to get the defense and really take off. Makes me wonder if they had been able to extend him before camp and he was showing the same improvement what people would attribute it to.

25. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bud was a project coming into the league. I don't think he understood how to play LB coming into the league. Injury set him back his 1st year and I also think his 2nd year. Then the coaches switched Bud's and Watts' sides in an attempt to see improvement. No onecan prediction when the light will go on for a player.

Bud may never become a dominant player. He's turned into a solid pro that adds speed, versatility, and athleticism to the defense.