1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do if you are the Browns?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Stone, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Now that the Browns are back to normal, the annual question is now on the table. Do you fire the hapless Kitchens in spite of the fact that this ownership and GM have demonstrated that they do not know how to go about hiring coaches; or do you keep him and his staff hoping they will improve?

Under Haslem the Browns coaches have been Shurmur, Chudzinski, Pettin, Jackson, Williams, and Kitchens.

Under Dorsey the Browns coaches have been Jackson, Williams, and Kicthens.

Kicthens was a running backs coach a year ago and the way they handled Jackson, Williams, and Kicthens was a joke but Browns fans, and media, still think John Dorsey is a God!

2. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    The Browns have a very easy schedule for the next month or so. I think they'll make a decision on Kitchens after that. I'd bet he survives the season, at least.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    When you have suspect coaching and management ate every position, and a QB who might be the mental twin of Johnny Manzeil, an easy schedule may not matter:smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    What do the Browns do?! Interesting question. Better question is what is John Dorsey willing to do?! Answer?! Likely not a thing.

That dude has a colossal ego. Freddie is his puppet for his own interest. There is a reason why the Browns did not retain Gregg Williams. Baker's endorsement of Freddie was just a small part of the equation.

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I never understood why people annotated him.
    1. He had one gig as GM for 3 years prior to the Browns and got fired from that.....good GM's don't get fired after 3 years.
    2. He is the guy who orchestrated the Hugh Jackson, Greg Williams, Freddie Kitchens cluster ****.

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    If I was the Browns, I would be looking for a franchise QB. Mayfield is the weak link.

7. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    I look at the browns schedule and really don't think that them going 7-2 across the last 9 games is unrealistic. We saw last year what Mayfield can do if he gets on a roll and added to that they are 2 weeks out from having Kareem hunt to add to Chubb and their rushing options.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How did the HC get this job?
    Browns OL is horrible.
    Too much talent not to be winning.

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Browns probably win both games against us.

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Browns will be lucky to win in Ben's Cleveland stadium.

11. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018
    Yea.......but Ben ain't playin'.

12. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think a huge part of their overall problems over the years has been the constant regime changes. That being said, Kitchen is such a disaster that they should fire his ass ASAP and completely smother Gregg Williams ass in big sloppy wet kisses and bring him back as HC. That alone would make them instantly better, overnight.

13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The dysfunction starts with Haslam. If they fire Kitchens it'll be a rinse, repeat kinda deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Boy your a positive thinker. Go watch the Eagles.

15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As my Steeler fan sisters call me, "negative nelly"

16. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    TJ and Bud should have a big night against their O line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Junebug

Oct 1, 2018

• Like Like x 2
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Our entire defense should have a big night. Not just sacks either. Turnovers the same as, not including yesterdays performance against a far inferior Broncos Defense, Baker has been a turnover machine.

19. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Remember years back the Redskins done the same thing as the Browns have done, brought in all this big talent and it exploded in their faces. Drama drama drama...

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    6762FE96-5541-4C20-8765-F18C43D39932.png

• Like Like x 2
  21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Haslem is probably the worst owner in football and has proven he doesn't have a clue when it comes to hiring coaches. So.........if you are a Browns fan, what do you want? Let Haslem and Dorsey go find the next coach who will last 1.5 years, or do you want to let it ride with Kitchens?

22. Brownsgal

Brownsgal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2018
    One of the funniest things I have seen this week about the Baker meme was that he looked like Columbo. To which a Browns fan replied "One more thing....(throws an interception)"

Everyone is in complete meltdown mode around here.

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Meltdown mode is what Browns fans are best at:smiley1: I live in the Cleveland area and I am shocked at how foolish grown men and women can be when it comes to the Browns. They simply can't see there was not really any reason for hope beyond the fact that they had probably progressed from a zero win team to a 4-5 win team. Cleveland fans and media had Mayfield in the HOF and the Browns winning the division and probably the Super Bowl based on 100% vaporware:smiley1:

Now, the question is, if you are a Browns fan, what do you wish for? Fire Kitchens and let the inept GM and owner hire another failure, or let Kitchens and his staff stay to see if they can fix the mess?

24. Brownsgal

Brownsgal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Totally agree with you, Stone. We are foolish foolish fans. Yes, I am a fan. While I think there are problems with Freddie, firing him now would just make things worse. Like everyone else, I was excited for this season with the new talent, but Freddie said early on that that was all great and all, but that they haven't done anything yet. He sure was right about that.

With the Thursday night game coming up against the Steelers, we could see changes after that game. No one seems to make it after getting trounced by the Steelers.

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Okay....I have to be honest, you are far too logical to be a Browns fan! Or.......you are the mythical female unicorn! In which case.....can I buy you a drink?:smiley1: