1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitzpatrick trade

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Joshi, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    everyone who criticized Colbert for this trade should be honest and admit they were wrong. We haven’t had a player like him in the secondary since Troy, and you need at least 1-2 difference makers at every level. We really need one more at cb, and this defense would completely take off.

But more important, it was a great trade to take advantage of a tanking team. And there is NO WAY we could draft someone of his caliber without drafting in the top 5. And it doesn’t look like that will happen.
    I’ve been critical of Colbert at times like everyone else, but let’s admit a great trade whence happens. And it did.

2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I agree and think most people also agree. His play on the field since he got here speaks for itself. Who is disagreeing with it?

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    There were some fans and media that didn't like the trade when it first happened.

4. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Heyward could use some help too.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, everyone should have known he'd be transcendent. :goofy: :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    We haven't hit a home runout side of shazier and watt in a longtime... Trade was a no brainer to get a young established stud vs another possible hybrid project.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    That pick 6 today for 96 yards alone was worth a first round pick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I was so pissed when we made that move. My thought was a wasted season and you waste a first round draft pick. I was wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    That young one rocks. Another couple years he'll be the best in the nfl.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think most fans liked the movie. Some were nervous with Ben already out that the pick could have ended up a very high one.

It certainly seemed like alot of local media members were the most critical of the move.

Maybe it was the great years with Troy, but I've always thought we needed a stud Safety to fix the defense. Davis was not that guy and Edmunds is not that guy.

Now Minkah is not without his faults, he was out of position on a couple of TDs today, but overall, his play this year has healed our defense as a whole .

Glad we made the move .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Awesome trade

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Well worth it, I wish the TE we traded for would get hot as well.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Difference maker, makes CB's look better than they are.
    Keep playing at this level. Will be all pro.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Remind anyone else of HOF-er #26. Love the similarities. I'll bet he'd be a hell of a kick returner too but...........that apparently is what the Switzers of the world are for. :rolleyes:

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Suffice it to say, for me, I just wish Terrell would catch fire. Granted, he is still getting better but only little by little. While I do believe Terrell can be a good starter, Pittsburgh needs a playmaker.

Minkah is that guy without question. Like you said, he has his shortcomings for sure. However, my love for Troy could not hide his own.

That being said, Minkah's triumphs far outweigh his failures. Dude is a playmaker. I liked the trade then. Love it now.

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Loved the trade since. Minkah was a top 10 Prospect for me when he came out in 2018. Heck, one can easily make the argument he would be a top 10 prospect in the 2019 Draft and upcoming 2020 one.

That however, is not important. What is important here is this. Since 2010, a Pittsburgh Defensive Back has not registered more than 4 INTs since Troy won DPOY back in 2010. Minkah just broke that streak.

Said streak by the way was the longest in NFL History. Minkah broke that streak today. Again, Minkah is a playmaker.

*** All Credit of this stat goes to Alex Kozora of SteelersDepot ***

17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    remember he has done that in just 6 games with the Steelers. Just fantastic.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

He has already done this in limited time. That is the best part overall. Here is hoping Minkah can improve on those numbers as the season goes on.

19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Loved the trade when it happened. Still do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    For me Minkah is the team MVP at the halfway point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

TJ Watt is the close second. That said, you will not receive any debate from me. Minkah has been a difference maker.

22. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    I didn’t love or hate the trade.

I couldn’t understand why we didn’t do something like this when we were loaded a few years back, which probably clouded my view on the player.

He’s played lights out and showed production we’ve all been craving for years.

Credit to KC for going out and getting a stud.

23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I agree with you on TJ Watt. But the Steelers are not 4-4 without Fitzpatrick.

24. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    I still wouldn’t mind having that 1st round pick back to draft a ‘franchise’ QB. I don’t see Mason Rudolph being the guy. Plus that other TD they gave up in the end zone was on Fitzpatrick I believe

25. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Love it. Asked for it to happen, was shocked when it did, and it keeps on getting better. Nice to see Bud playing well. D has talent.