1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you spot the difference?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Oct 29, 2019.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Tomlin has to wear dark sunglasses. Hes afraid if someone sees him blink he will be outed as a fraud.:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    My biggest problem with Tomlin is game planning against different teams specific strength and weaknesses. This includes in game adjustments which I hardly ever see. Maybe they're too subtle or too disguised that I just don't notice. He's never been an in your face coach and I don't expect him to start at this stage of his career. To me he takes on every opponent with the same mentality which is try to impose their will to win. It's hard to argue with the result when it comes to his regular season record and they do play some top notch teams tough except the Pats lately. I think his way hurts the most in the playoffs and when they play less than mediocre teams and trap games.

One thing I do know is that there is Belichick and his ways and the rest of the league well below that standard and all their ways. If we're looking to replace Tomlin, And believe I am in that group, there is really not much more available who are guaranteed to perform much better. It could very well be a careful what we wish for scenario.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    I think it's an unfair distant evaluation. Just my take. I'm not a coach and I'm certainly not aware of what Tomlin does twenty-four hours a day minus the three hour football game.

As far as sideline activity, Tomlin resembles 95% of the other coaches in the league.

As always, the wise man says be careful what you wish for... Head coaches don't grow on trees.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This might be the dumbest post I've read here in a long time.:huh:

You "think" that he "tried" to trip a returner, and you "think" that proves his involvement?

For what he does during games, he may as well be at home on the couch.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Bill is just the best. I can't stand him or his POS franchise, but the guy can freaking coach.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Here are the bottom line facts....for me.
    1. He was handed a superior team in a superior organization and did little more than win a lot of regular season games.
    2. He was handed some of the best talent the league has ever seen and the result was 3-5 in the playoffs and a three ring circus which will take another year to eradicate.
    3. Under his "players coach" mentality, we have seen countless discipline issues directly cost us games or chances at winning games.
    4. He won his first challenge in two years last week.
    5. You will never hear people talking about the "Mike Tomlin coaching tree"

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    You missed the point. You want him to "act" like he's involved. He clearly did on that play.

And you have no idea what he does during the game. What he's saying or doing on the headset or whatever. You're making judgments based on what you see broadcast on TV which hardly shows more him more than 10 % of the game. Your assessment is based purely on your perception of him and not on any facts whatsoever. It's an emotional response not based on reason or rational thinking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Oh for God's sake! For years, I have watched Belichick interface with his team during the game, and for years, I have watched Tomlin stand on the sidelines looking off into the distance with his arms folded or making little faces when things go wrong.

Please don't try to figure out what I see and what it means to me, you are not equipped:thumbs_up:

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We are doomed.

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I used to wonder exactly what you meant when you say this. Maybe "we" is not who "we" think "we" is?:smiley1:

11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    A mind is a terrible thing to waste, your parents should be spanked!:smiley1:

Maybe he is a crappy coach "because" he doesn't coach his team in critical situations......... and some of us can put 2 and 2 together and come up with something close to 4?

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Big Bad Bill lives football. He makes Peyton seem lazy when it comes to studying.

If you're his young son looking for his stash under his bed you will not find playboys, just playbooks. When he sleeps he has audio books of the opponents plays being read to him. Right after winning the Super Bowl others celebrate, while he is dissecting what went wrong in the game. He is never satisfied with his performance.

Tomlin plays Madden with Chickillo 2 hours before a game lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Tomlin's record at least in the regular season speaks for itself I am guessing second to BB over the past 12 yrs or so.

He must be a decent coach as the Steelers under Cowher and Tomlin have been a resilient team when faced with adversity.
    They do play hard and never seem to give up, those traits we all love.

He could be much better at game and clock management and in game adjustments.
    Tomlin is not a strong X's and O's coach compared to BB
    He is totally outmatched when he goes up against BB but then so is just about every coach in the league.

Can anyone think of a game where you could say BB was out coached, the only time he is out coached is when he makes a rare mistake and out coaches himself.

Most of the Steelers vs Patriots games look like replays of previous games.

The Giants were BB and NE kryptonite and it seems a team with a great 4 MAN DL and a secondary that can play man to man are the only teams that give them trouble.

The last time we had those two attributes on defense was the late 70's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    The big difference is the fact that BB is showing his players the opponents playbook that was just stolen from the locker room. He's just letting them know he's got their back.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Definitely something going on with them knowing the play beforehand. Is it hoodies knowledge or sinister actions?

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I saw that one time he did that but I assumed it was to try out his latest chiche`?

Tomlin: He guys, check this out "The standard is the standard".........pretty good one huh?

The Defense: Yeah coach, great, thanks for the inspiration!

17. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I'm pretty sure there's just some soft jazz being pumped into his headset. It's probably for the best.

18. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    This is absolutely false.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Harbaugh did it in '12 with Lewis, Reed and Suggs.

Coughlin owned BB twice in the game.

Pederson beat BB with Eagles.

Wade Phillips beat BB as DC of Broncos with Von Miller.

Gotta have either epic generational players or great NFC East teams to beat BB.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I was thinking the same thing. Tomlin may have learned from Ike Taylor that you can get music in these headphones.

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Here's another interesting question about BB and the Patriots.

We can all name a handful of times when the Patriots benefited from officiating in season changing ways; hell there have been rule changes and even historic names for a couple of the events.

The tuck rule
    The phantom whistle against the Jaguars
    The Jesse James touchdown
    etc
    etc

Can anyone remember a time when a crucial call went against the Patriots?

22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Bellychuck's punishment for cheating
    Tom-Tom's deflated balls
    The "Happy Endings" day spa in So. FL...…….

23. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Make your points without insulting people.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Or maybe he was coaching them up, duh :shrug: