1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I wonder what we will say at end of year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Sep 10, 2012.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Its just one game but my outlook on this year changed last night. I had hoped we would win division, make the playoffs and make a run at the super bowl. that aint happening. this defense is not strong up the middle anymore. we are gonna see alot of no huddle against us this year and we cant handle it for whatever reason. this defense has always used the excuse of being on the field to much or at least its been the cry around here and in the media. last night they had as much rest as any team has ever got and couldnt get off the field. I think at the end of the year we will be 8-8 no playoffs and screaming for lebeau to retire or tomlin to can his butt. is there anyone out there who still thinks we make playoffs? I know its just one game and the offense was decent. no way were they the problem last night. sure i wish we could run the ball better but at least we didnt abandon it.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    There's a sale on cyanide and razor blades at Home Depot, just thought I'd let you know.

Not everyone is Peyton Manning. We will win no less then 10 games and yes, we will make the playoffs.

3. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Why would you need cyanide and razor blades? That is just wasting money.

;)

4. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    i hope you are right. what about a sale at lowes? I hate home depot

5. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    SMDH when we are in the playoffs you will be saying how much you love the team and how you told everyone that they would make the playoffs rollseyes

6. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    save the thread. I will be the first to say I didnt think we would be there. yes i love this team win or lose always have. i just dont think as tough as our division is we will make it.

7. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    As many people stated on here last night. LeBeau's schemes aren't fooling anybody, anymore. I honestly would like to see us switch to a 4/3 alignment. I think with what we have currently it would be the best fit for our defense.

Keisel/Hood DE's
    Hampton/McClendon DT's
    Woodley/Timmons/Harrison LB's

The rest are self explanatory, along with the rotation. This is what I would do, immediately, if I were in Tomlin's shoes. With LeBeau's scheme, we are getting killed with the dink and dunk passes time and time again due to the fact of our over-agressive nature by leaving the middle of the field wide open. We've all seen it way too much and if we the fan can see it, how come they can't???? :yeehaw:

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You're right on about that one! I like Lowes better too, just HD is much closer to me :frustrated:

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol: I like to give options.

10. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I am afraid with those lbs we will get killed in coverage

11. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Can't be no worse off than we are now :D

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I wonder how some of these people are still alive after the ravens game last year

13. romeo863603

romeo863603 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2011

I'm with you man and everyone else that's sick and tired of LeBeau, Haley(even though it was his first regular season game with the steelers) Tomlin and this poor excuse of a football team/organization. Every year I don't ask for much. I just want my team to go 19-0 every year. Is that to much to freaking ask for??? This team year in and year out lets me down :cry: . I for one will not stand for this any longer. I'm officially an ex-steeler fan. I'm going to root for a organization that gets it right every year. Browns here I come :thumbs_up:

In all seriousness though come on everyone. Even "IF" this team went 8-8 or even worse (which I doubt) this team has been a rock for years with a few bumps on the road. Not to many teams are able to say that. I still say we make the playoffs and win the superbowl. Clark is back this week. Harrison and hopefully Decastro will be back just in time to give us a great playoff push. It's 1 loss and to throw in the towel already is a little premature. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!! :herewego:

14. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    So your outlook that we would contend for the Super Bowl is completely changed after one freakin game? Not a lot of conviction there. Or did you think we would go 16-0 in the regular season?

How we play in September is not nearly as important as how we play in December

15. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    yes my outlook has changed, but its not because of one game. look at the playoff game last year. look at the games when we play a top qb. there is a blueprint on how to beat us defensively. we cant handle the no huddle, we cant cover our corners are average at best and now the d-line look to be a step below where they were with aaron smith. I know it is one game but come on people we have seen this before. the defense is old and really are starting to look slow. timmons(who I love as a player)looks like he should be playing nose. he looks huge and seems to have lost a step already. i mean peyton out ran him. i didnt think 16-0. i said 12-4 but that is going be hard now. the ravens twice and a lose to denver already. our schedule is not easy.

16. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

17. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    We will be fine, this is new to us because we are so used to being able to put the Defense on the field and stop anyone. My only concern is i think we are going to have to win some shootouts this year. Were also going to have to be able to put together a couple game winning drives I'm sure, but I think we have the right QB for that.

I understand where the doubters are coming from to an extent. The defense looked pretty weak, and it didn't look like they had any fire. Which is not something we are used to seeing. But to win a shootout you only need one stop and I think they can give us that.

18. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I actually feel exactly how you do and it doesnt make me any less of a Steelers fan than anyone else on here. I am being realistic. The look we got from our D is not new- its the same as last year and our division is STRONG. Baltimore looked great last night and now they have added the no huddle which is going to be tough on us. I am hoping for a pissed off to team to come out on Sunday against the Jets, but if that doesnt happen, I wont be stunned. And I, like the OP, will be the FIRST one to admit I was wrong if we come out and have an amazing season- I hope I AM wrong. I just dont feel great about our team right now.

19. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm going to agree with this thread some what. After our performance on Sunday night and watching what the Ravens did to the Bengals on Monday night, I have my doubts. The Ravens looked awesome, they destroyed the Bengals. You must admit, they look better then our Steelers. If you don't have any questions in your mind about this team, then you are not being serious. The same old problems are still their. The O-line is not good, thats a fact, the new D-line is not much better, and thats a fact, the secondary can't cover, especially our CB's, and thats a fact, what happened to our best Linebacking group in the game, and thats a fact, especially Woodley & Timmons who have been payed a small fortune. How about our schedule, it ain't no cake walk:

These are all questionable games!
    Week 5 - Eagles? They give us fits L
    Week 7 - @ Bengals? Who knows L
    Week 8 - Redskins? Now this game is in a Toss-up ?
    Week 9 - @ Giants? No question L
    Week 11 - Ravens? In doubt L
    Week 13 - @ Ravens? No question L
    Week 14 - Chargers? In December W
    Week 15 - @ Cowboys? In doubt L
    Week 16 - Bengals? Maybe W

I'm a realist and this is realality.

20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Jeez really? We're doomed to a 9-7 season now, and those L's- no question? I wonder if there's a way we can just forfeit those now? :hmmm:

21. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, I wouldn't call them straight losses either. I would call them very tough games. Which is why this team really has to make sure to win the easier ones. They don't have as much margin for error as some previous years. That said, we seem to do better with tough schedules. Let's hope for the trend to continue.

ETA: And the Eagles as a loss??? Did you watch them on Sunday?